Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

that's absolutely right, hanky.

i forgot to mention earlier that i was given more responsibility at work today. each officer has an approval limit for wire totals. mine was 5 million today. it will be 50 million next week. your boy can approve every wire in our market now, and that's exactly what they want. no more wire approvals from st louis, ole boy essay will handle that now. monetary compensation is sure to follow.

• Like 2

Ya suspect. Ya suspect.

I don't know what your reputation is, but after the shit you tried to pull today, you can bet I'll be looking into it. Any conversations you want to have with me heretofore, you can have with my attorney.

Gentlemen, keep your ears to the grindstone.

• Like 3

I stopped watching Sunny 3-4 seasons ago. I still enjoy the show, it just got to be near the bottom of the priority list, and then it builds up into a daunting queue of things to watch.

You missed one of the all-time greats in the water park episode (The Gang Goes to a Water Park).

Other stand-outs:

The Gang Beats Boggs

Charlie Work

Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs

• Like 1

Also, week late on this, but I drove a BMW 7-series (3 different vehicles) for about 15 years. Swapped it for an Odyssey a few years ago for understandable reasons.

Do yourself a favor and watch all of those episodes colby just mentioned. It's not like you need to see every episode to "catch up" with this show. If you only watch one episode watch charlie work. you may remember a few years ago there was a lot of discussion in entertainment blogs/discussion about tracking shots. what with all the adulation that birdman movie got for it's feel of being one long tracking shot or true detective's incredible tracking shot the year before. well in between those two chronologically was an incredibly well executed tracking shot scene from IASIP. i think about the only place that mentioned it was frickin uproxx. just a criminally underrated show sometimes.

boggs is just the gang at their sociopathic best.

• Like 1

Ya suspect. Ya suspect.

I don't know what your reputation is, but after the shit you tried to pull today, you can bet I'll be looking into it. Any conversations you want to have with me heretofore, you can have with my attorney.

Gentlemen, keep your ears to the grindstone.

...heretofore, you can speak with my aforementioned attorney.

• Like 1

Put in the Nebraska game briefly, in honor of essay. Couldn’t believe that kid Martinez was still their qb. He fumbled and recovered, then they turned it over a few plays later

That was enough for me

• Like 1

I was quite busy this weekend. Stripped and conditioned my deck yesterday. Today I stained it. Think it’s gonna turn out well.

Also bought a smoker and some materials for a few other projects around the house.

Of course, Iowa State lost and the Colts lost but I still made money from betting some games.

Edit: umm...pretend this posted yesterday so the time references make sense

• Like 2

It’s a Masterbuilt 230g (electric).

Nothing special, entry level smoker. Lowe’s had a pricing error or something and I was able to get it for $100.

I can already sense the disappointment that it wasn’t a big green egg or a traeger or any of the other premium charcoal smokers.

Not sure which you’re referring to but

Video interview - nothing since the HR person called me and said she’d recommend me to the hiring manager

Phone screener place - in person interview tomorrow AM

New bank - intro call with internal recruiter that reached out to me on LinkedIn later today (and separately my boss referred me to the EVP of that business line). But there’s a caveat that apparently my boss recommended the other analyst to the senior role I had said I was interested in which I’m pretty sure the role he referred me for would somewhat report to him and that’s a non-starter for me so, we’ll see. So, I’m feeling a little betrayed because I haven’t seen anything out of that other analyst that is even close to what I’ve done in the past year so whatever.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, for pure utility, there is nothing wrong with a Big Green Egg, but I consider them something of a chav smoker. I'm not paying Burberry prices for Burberry quality and the Burberry lifestyle that comes with it.

I have a Komodo Kamado, but it was kind of a minbet actually, as I mostly chose it because it comes in a bunch of different colors, and thus I was able to match look I already had going without having it re-tiled or something.

• Like 1

Today’s interview went OK I think. Ended up taking 2.5 hours. First part was with the dude who was just in this role and that was a very unsctructured back and forth and I think me and him are a lot alike. The second part was with the lady who would be my boss and she basically just asked me questions down a sheet while taking notes and saying nothing. That part didn’t go as well, IMO. But they said they’re bringing somebody else in later this week and then will hopefully know by late next week or the week after. Which is fine because that’s more time to look at a few different companies.

The call I had with the other bank yesterday went really well. She was just an internal recruiter and the call was more just pitching me the job and she wanted me to formally apply and then have another quick call with her and then a call Thursday/Friday with the hiring manager.

The #1 job I applied to havent even looked at resumes yet, according to the recruiter I’m working with. Hopefully they do soon so I don’t have to worry about it if I do get an offer from one of these other places.

So, just talked with the recruiter and it sure seems like the company is preparing to make an offer. The role sounds extremely interesting and challenging but I kind of got the vibe it’s a bit closer to the 50 hour week type place. I thought that I’d have at least a week before they came back to me and also thought another interview with the CFO thatd id be able to look more into the culture since I totally blanked on asking those questions. First world problems, man. There’s also a few other companies I have stuff in the works with that would be a preference over this role.