• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Exactly. I’m wasting money every month, but all I have is my BMW so it’s worth it.

They said it would take 3 hours, but they would Uber me somewhere. So I’ve been at the mall for 2 hours and I’m bored out of my mind. Just had some bbq chicken Mac and cheese at Panera that was okay. Not great. If they don’t get me soon there’s no way to avoid a trip to the nestle toll house stand for some cookie cake.

Jesus fvck, I just called and they said it’s be another 90 minutes. I had to reluctantly inform them I find that unacceptable. I was told 2 to 3 hours and that would be 5.5. I told them to send the Uber and I’m going to have to raise some hell. I should have known if I left the building they would just move it to the back of the line. Always be there to put pressure on them.

Unacceptable.

Have a mono y mono meeting with a big wig from the bank that bought us in 10 minutes. Was just in a meeting with him and a larger group where they basically volunteered me to do some high priority projects for this merger and I’m like the only one here that could do it as well as they hope.

Ole Buddy better be preparing to offer to double my salary for the next few months to keep me around long enough to finish them. Otherwise they might be in as much hot water as that BMW dealership is about to be.

• Like 2

I’ll add a letter to this big wig to the list of people about to receive strongly worded letters (lit by nothing but natural light) at bmw. I’m gonna hit every manger I can. A white male cannot be treated this way in these United States.

I didn't know you were a BMW guy, Essay. Does it surprise anyone here that I am too? After I wrecked the Civic when El-G and I raced, I decided to stop living my life a quarter mile at a time and embrace the Lifestyle.

• Like 3

It surprises me a little because BMW’s seem to...pedestrian for you. I would expect you to have like a Nissan Skyline or like an old Bugatti or something.

Also...he did not offer to double my salary but did almost the exact opposite in implying that doing good here could possibly maybe lead to keeping my job in the future! Sorry, bud, exposure won’t pay my mortgage or buy me a BMW like my best friends have.

• Like 1

The last thing in the world I want is to attract the attention of someone who knows that an R32 is more desirable than a Maxima. I'd rather strike up a conversation at the pump with someone with money and a boring life, who might want to watch his partner and I through a two-way mirror while we do hand stuff wearing BMW-branded driving gloves.

• Like 4

But you do it to be fiscally responsible, not because you like to fvck your cousin. Fiscal responsibility is always cool.

I very much would like

Reading these in quick succession and just for the briefest of moments I thought napa was going to say "I would very much like to fvck my cousin"

IOWA!

I didn't know you were a BMW guy, Essay. Does it surprise anyone here that I am too? After I wrecked the Civic when El-G and I raced, I decided to stop living my life a quarter mile at a time and embrace the Lifestyle.

I feel like I missed a rather important story here...Where the hell is Joey?

• Like 2

The last thing in the world I want is to attract the attention of someone who knows that an R32 is more desirable than a Maxima. I'd rather strike up a conversation at the pump with someone with money and a boring life, who might want to watch his partner and I through a two-way mirror while we do hand stuff wearing BMW-branded driving gloves.

Oh, right. Of course.

• Like 1

I feel like some firms are just on autopilot, dangling the same incentives that worked in the 2009-2015 job market.

I saw a piece in the Financial Times that basically cut to the core problem of employee satisfaction surveys. The author talked about how the survey reassured her many times that the responses are anonymous, but we have all heard stories about the aftermath of being honest when the anonymity promises are false. There’s just no upside to honesty.

It’s depressing, because those surveys are the sole avenue for feedback from the rank and file, coming from a perspective management can easily miss.

• Like 1

For sure. There's some legit problems that should be addressed here but like hell I'm going to actually fill out the survey when you have to put your department and I'm in a department of two. Same with the merger. There's a portal to ask questions with the option to remain anonymous but again...like i'm going to ask anything even remotely controversial even if I do want to know.

It's too bad my boss is gone for the next few days because it would be helpful to tell him that, hey, this new project stuff sounds really important but there's a legit chance I'm not around so if they're going to think about offering stay bonuses nows the time, and it better be worthwhile, or we need to bring somebody else in on this so it gets done. Because if I do get a new job I'm not going to do my current job any favors on my leave date.

At my company, if you did that, you’d be 100% done after your contract was up. Possibly no hard feelings, but management just doesn’t want to reward people who are ungrateful. Take it from me, a person who is now widely viewed as ungrateful.

No two situations are identical, etc. but I certainly wish I had just said nothing when my boss started explaining to me that the comp committee was wrong in its assessment of my value.

• Like 1

Eh, my boss is on levels of DGAF only money can buy right now. He feels so disrespected about his lack of involvement in this sale that he’s openly antagonizing exec management. I also think he might be pretty close to accepting a job somewhere else. He was telling me in my one on one the other day that some bank reached out to him and it was pretty close to his ideal job at an ideal size bank and ideal location and he wouldn’t even tell me the bank for fear of jinxing it. The other analyst told me that he asked if he would be a referral for him, too. I’ve also been probably too upfront about my intentions from day one of this to both my boss and our CFO so, whatever.

The other analyst was like “man, wouldn’t it be cool if (our boss) got that job and then hired us on as his finance team!” And I said “yeah that would be cool” but internally thinking “no fn way am I signing up to work with your condescending ass voluntarily ever again”.

Napa, I’m not sure what else you are supposed to do? As I understand it your company sold, and you are out of a job come some date in the near future. And they have not yet offered you a role at the new company?

Then why in the fvck would you do any long term special project? These companies are ridiculous with this shit. You just need to lock something down at a new firm now, and do very little work on the way out. That’s my goal.

Oh, they expect me to stick around with hat in hand, singing and dancing at their whim for the next 9 months for the prospect of maybe getting to keep my job.

But jokes on them because I am not going to do that without some new compensation and I’m not going to tell them I’m not going to do that.

What I am going to do is work <=40 hours a week at my normal, high level of quality, until I find a new job where I will start at the time most convenient for myself. When this was all announced they said give them 6-8 weeks to figure stuff out before I do anything, it’s been 10, and the timeline now appears to be another 8 weeks before they have a good idea of who they will and won’t keep, so, screw them. I’ve been more than fair.

• Like 3

Oh, they expect me to stick around with hat in hand, singing and dancing at their whim for the next 9 months for the prospect of maybe getting to keep my job.

But jokes on them because I am not going to do that without some new compensation and I'm not going to tell them I'm not going to do that.

What I am going to do is work <=40 hours a week at my normal, high level of quality, until I find a new job where I will start at the time most convenient for myself. When this was all announced they said give them 6-8 weeks to figure stuff out before I do anything, it's been 10, and the timeline now appears to be another 8 weeks before they have a good idea of who they will and won't keep, so, screw them. I've been more than fair.

damn straight.

What's the prediction for this season's record?

i was hopeful for 7-5, given that our schedule is a beast. but that was one of our wins last night, so it has to be 6-5 or 5-6 now. not having played before we face colorado is going to hurt us, just don't know how much.