Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Shit. I’m awful.

In other awful news...I got an email from a company at 5 pm on Friday inviting me to do a recorded video interview as their initial HR screener and I had 72 hours to complete it. Well, by the time I checked my email I had already started drinking with some friends who were in town. Saturday morning i had a haircut scheduled and was just not in any shape to do an interview. Not to mention I knew I’d be seeing the friend who referred me that night and could ask her some questions about the process. And then the rest of the day/night was at a wedding. Sunday I had planned to do some chores and then spend an hour or so doing prep for the interview and then do it at night seeing as how I wouldn’t be able to get home in time tomorrow to do it then.

And, folks, I completely bombed it. It was like Trump adlibbing a stump speech. Just rambling incoherent nonsense. Such a waste. Was a really good role with a really good company. Worst of all is how it reflects on my friend who put in a good word for me to the recruiter.

Shit. I’m awful.

In other awful news...I got an email from a company at 5 pm on Friday inviting me to do a recorded video interview as their initial HR screener and I had 72 hours to complete it. Well, by the time I checked my email I had already started drinking with some friends who were in town. Saturday morning i had a haircut scheduled and was just not in any shape to do an interview. Not to mention I knew I’d be seeing the friend who referred me that night and could ask her some questions about the process. And then the rest of the day/night was at a wedding. Sunday I had planned to do some chores and then spend an hour or so doing prep for the interview and then do it at night seeing as how I wouldn’t be able to get home in time tomorrow to do it then.

And, folks, I completely bombed it. It was like Trump adlibbing a stump speech. Just rambling incoherent nonsense. Such a waste. Was a really good role with a really good company. Worst of all is how it reflects on my friend who put in a good word for me to the recruiter.

Don’t sweat it. My guess is you did just fine. The intelligent man is often his own harshest critic.

There is so much wrong with that ask that I think you should be glad you bombed it. They aren't paying you and they're already expecting you to work on the weekend. **** those guys.

• Like 3

Nah, this isn’t a confidence thing. This is a 100% totally bombed with myself thinking to myself numerous times throughout the “interview” “wtf are you saying? How does this even answer the question?” So bad. I did like an hour of prep and wrote down some key points I wanted to hit and put them on the wall by he camera and I just totally blanked on everything.

And then I don’t know if it was just my body short circuiting from the stress or what but I changed from my clothes to go to bed and immediately got cold and started shivering which quickly turned into a fever and I slept maybe 3 hours last night and this is going to be a long ass day.

There is so much wrong with that ask that I think you should be glad you bombed it. They aren't paying you and they're already expecting you to work on the weekend. **** those guys.

Yeah, this is a good point. Fvck those guys. Unless I did well enough in the first 2-3 questions that they decide to bring me in for an in person. But still fvck those guys. What kinda bullshit is that to send that out on a Friday at 5.

napa, it could be your colon that has you up all night. i'd want to get in there and find some answers. that ask was very unprofessional by them though, i think hank is right. maybe don't turn in the one you did and shoot a second version with today to prepare.

Oh, it’s not like that. They have you go to a website and then they gave you the question and 30-90 seconds to prep and then 2-5 minutes to answer the question while you try and stare at the camera on your laptop and not at your face on the screen. No break in between. No pausing. Just rapid fire. It was awful. I understand though they’re trying to identify ways to be efficient when you’re such a big company but, man, I was not prepared for that and how awkward I’d feel doing it.

Edit: it might be the colon. Let’s get something scheduled.

And OFC, the recruiter just called and told me I did a good job and wants to recommend me to the actual hiring manager and she’s like “yeah I know how stressful it can be for people doing that for the first time so I try to let people know when they did a good job”.

• Like 2

today is my last day of work for the week. i should be able to see what my quarterly commission on new business bonus should be - based on precedent and established policy, it should be 4k. with that said, i assume it will be lower because they are trying to get me to quit or lose my mind. either way, i am going to remain calm, do my work today and then leave and have 6 days off. that's the real story here. 6 days of not thinking about work.

You’ve earned it. The bonus and days off.

I took a half day yesterday because I’m pretty sure I have the flu. I didn’t have a fever today and felt mostly fine so I came in. Didn’t want to burn the PTO day which is essentially worth $200, assuming I quit this year yet. As it stands I don’t have any PTO days scheduled until the day after thanksgiving. Just bank holidays for me.

Nap take a day off and relax. Your health is too important.

Bonus number came in at 7k. Shockingly, they gave me what the payout is supposed to be and not the low numbers from the past few years. I tell you this place is very confusing.

• Like 3

That's a sucker move.

Yeah, that's why I suggested it. You're the one who's placated when your company walks all over you, by them tossing you some crumbs. I figured a sucker move would be right up your alley.

• Like 3

Jesus, the BMW dealership lobby is under renovation so I have to wait in a temporary trailer out back like some Chevy driver. I was planning to enjoy an ice cold Diet Coke from the complimentary soda fountain as well, but that’s clearly ruined.

• Like 2