Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I go back and forth on the issue all the time. Does it really matter to me if 30% of the ownership group is selfish, arrogant, doesn’t really appreciate what I do? When I come up with some idea and write the code to implement it, the efficiency is a direct bottom line positive to that group, who are always going to vote against giving me equity, because I don’t have revenue to demand it, and it’s dilution/foregone appreciation to them. They are enough of a minority that it isn’t killer for my prospects, but it just makes me not want to be a team player.

Like I said before, there’s always going to be that shitbag contingent at any company, it’s just that I might not be able to see it so clearly working against me like it did in this last opportunity for equity. Is that enough of a reason to leave, if it involves any pay cut at all? Probably not...

• Like 1

According to a snapchat, my friend won the pappy 10 raffle at the local package store. It was obviously a raffle to buy it, but still, I think I'll be having some in the near future.

Last year, he got the Whistle Pig Boss Hog, which was/is very, very good.

• Like 1

The Boss Hog has a nice memory attached to it. We watched last years Super Bowl at his place, 8-10 people. You may remember the Patriots were down 28-3, so once the game ended, my buddy kindly poured a drink for everyone outta the ~$300 bottle. Tough to beat that.

According to a snapchat, my friend won the pappy 10 raffle at the local package store. It was obviously a raffle to buy it, but still, I think I'll be having some in the near future.

Last year, he got the Whistle Pig Boss Hog, which was/is very, very good.

I didn’t get a chance to buy any this year. The big chain in town got bought, and the new owners are biding their time with this year’s allocation. Hilarious to think the pappy was probably a part of the sale negotiations, but it is probably worth at least a million in sales.

Run the Jewels concert was Sunday. F’n ruled even though it was only an hour and late Sunday night.

The opener was a girl named Bishop Briggs who’s sort of a alt rock singer. I liked her stuff.

It was a concert put on by sister alt and rap stations (owned by the owners of the Twins). They had a few more people before these two but we didn’t go to those shows. Would have made for a long Sunday. Not bad for $40 though.

• Like 2

I didn’t get a chance to buy any this year. The big chain in town got bought, and the new owners are biding their time with this year’s allocation. Hilarious to think the pappy was probably a part of the sale negotiations, but it is probably worth at least a million in sales.

A million what?! Are you telling me that one local retailer sells a million dollars a year of a single type of whiskey? That can not be true.

Run the Jewels concert was Sunday. F'n ruled even though it was only an hour and late Sunday night.

The opener was a girl named Bishop Briggs who's sort of a alt rock singer. I liked her stuff.

It was a concert put on by sister alt and rap stations (owned by the owners of the Twins). They had a few more people before these two but we didn't go to those shows. Would have made for a long Sunday. Not bad for $40 though.

i seriously considered flying to chicago to see rtj and qotsa last weekend.

Stratford...as a sportswriter on twitter once said...there’s overpaid incompetent people in every single profession at every single level. No reason why you can’t be one, too. You even have a leg up by being extremely competent.

Napa, meant to say that I liked the dog toy purchase, and am jealous that your dog can play with that off leash in s non fenced area without fear that he’ll redirect on another dog

Will he chase if he sees a squirrel? Are there squirrels in MN? Chipmunks? I don’t know what animal is where.

We try to correct these dogs on their behavior all the time, but they are still leash aggressive, double in the hood, and I would be scared to death if they ever got out of the backyard or something. (Which would be difficult without human error). My wife thinks we need to run them like prisoners for a while, to break their will. The socialization is the tough part, as we rightfully can’t trust them Bruno can do it with a slow intro and a non aggressive dog. Lola has become worse than him, probably due to his reactions, and not hearing the corrections he gets. That makes it tough

I hope you all are as bored of my dog talk as i am of your career babble. I kid. I am at a crossroads in my job. I need to shirt or get off the pot

• Like 1

We have a lot of squirrels because a) we have the tree line and b) because we have a few bird feeders that they steal from and he’ll sometimes chase them but he’ll stop when called.

Our neighbor has a little wiener dog that likes to come out barking and running into our yard and the first few times he was very interested in the dog and our neighbor, he’s not aggressive or anything but just assumes everybody wants to meet him as much as he wants to meet them, but now he just ignores them. I did finally get around to getting the in ground fence hooked up and started training him on it but then it snowed and I’ve been lazy. The ultimate goal is to be able to just let him out in the yard to play ball with himself and then come to the deck door when he’s done but as of now he’s so codependent he just sits at the door until you come out to play with him.

• Like 1

I like the dog talk, and I wish I could have a dog. I just feel like it would limit my ability to work longer hours... I see people with dogs always having to leave at about the 8hr mark if they didn’t go home for lunch.

I guess it wouldn’t be a big deal if I lived closer to work (11min drive currently)

In Des Moines I could get to work in 8 minutes if I didn’t hit any red lights (4 total lights).

And it’s nice having my roommates like the dog because they’ll let him out over lunch and if they get home before me, which is frequently since I’m usually gone 6:15 to 4:15. When I move out, and if I don’t have a roommate who will help, I’ll probably have to really adhere to shorter days and work from home more in the evenings or get one of those electronic doggie doors that I can control remotely. Or pay somebody to take care of him.

• Like 1

Colby: When are you going to sell your BTC, what with the incoming crash and all? It's going to cross 20k like tomorrow and it's "only" at 18k today.