Fcp Heads Up Poker League (modified)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLAYOFFS: In the playoffs, the #1 and #2 seed would get a first round bye. The #3 seed would have home field advantage over the #6 seed, and the #4 seed would have home field advantage against the #5 seed. In the next round, the lowest remaining seed would play "at" the #1 seed and the second lowest remaining seed would play "at" the #2, giving the #1 and #2 seeds home field advantage. Each playoff match will be a best 3 out of 5 series with the home team starting off with a 1-0 lead in the series. In the Championship Final there would be no home team and the players will play a best four out of seven for the title of FCP Heads Up Champ.The home team, therefore, would only have to win 2 matches to win? That is a huge "home field" advantage. My suggeston would be to drop it and increase the payout $ to the regular season results.

I also want to voice that I want to have it 500 or 1K a team. That way we don't have people jerking around on it and we don't have some of the chaos that has plauged the forum challenge. I definetly want to captain a team also btw

For $500 the tickets to each heads up match should be included. I can handle paying the flat fee or a percentage if I'm on a team, but paying another $200-300 for the matches themselves would be a stretch.

GAMES: Heads Up Matches will happen each week at 9:00pm EST every Thursday Night. If you are unable to play at that time, you must designate someone on your team to play the match in your place. If you fail to find someone to play the match for you, you will record a loss for the game, but will NOT lose the $10+1 for the tournament registration. If both teams fail to show up on time for their match, they will BOTH get an L in the loss column.
Great idea Daniel, but for once could we have a forum competition where Europeans can join in without getting up @ 2am or later in the morning?
ENTRY FEE: At the Beginning of the season, each team must pay a $50 entry fee for the entire season. Also, each team will be responsible for paying the $10+1 fee each week to play their matches during the regular season and throughout the playoffs. If they win the match, they win the $10. If they lose the match, that will cost them $10.PAYOUT STRUCTURE: FCP Will donate $1000 to the prize pool for a total prize pool of $2500. Payouts will be as follows:Wildcard Playoff Losers: $50 (total $200)Division Playoff Losers: $100 (total $400)Conference Championship Losers: $200 (total $400)Runner Up: $500Heads Up Champion: $1000Best Regular Season Record: $300HOW TO QUALIFY: I will NOT be posting this in the blog as the league should be for forum members only. Since we only have 30 teams available, we'll have to do a random draw for who gets in and who doesn't. 32 teams will be chosen randomly from a list of those interested and then placed in one of the divisions. If you aren't lucky enough to win one of the franchises then you might still be able to take part in the league by asking one of the owners if they might need players on their team. How you decide to split up the prize money amongst the team is entirely up to you.
Um...thought I'd point out that the prize pool according to your structure is $2600 unless I've missed something.$1000 (via FCP) + $1600 (via 32 Teams x $50) = $2600This IS an awesome idea if it can actually continue to run for several years. I can see the headlines in 2016, "Originally purchased for $50, fleung22 has just sold his FCP HU Team for $50,000!!!"...let me dream for a moment...k?Oh...and I'm in! :club: