new forum - update

updatewe're disabling the forum in a few minutes for conversion to the new system and will be down for the majority of today, tuesday, the 21st.thanks,chris and govhey everyone,gov and i - including mods - will be testing out the new forum over the nexttt 3-4 days.we have a tentative release scheduled for monday night. there are many new features available in the upcoming forum that we (everyone) has wanted for a long time so, we're happy to announce the upcoming release.thanks,chris

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it include the ignore user option?That'd be fun...and are we deleting General altogether?Please?
or have the OP sig in the title of the thread. That'd be goot.
Does it include the ignore user option?That'd be fun...and are we deleting General altogether?Please?
Yes that would be goot...I am wondering why this was posted a few days before it happens.... Just to create interest, build it up too much, and then let us down when it acctually happens?
Yes that would be goot...I am wondering why this was posted a few days before it happens.... Just to create interest, build it up too much, and then let us down when it acctually happens?
It's actually been talked about in Suggestions and Updates for awhile now.Some of us have made all kinds of suggestions for improvements, such as new forums, deleting forums, changing up the layout of the Forum Index.
It's actually been talked about in Suggestions and Updates for awhile now.Some of us have made all kinds of suggestions for improvements, such as new forums, deleting forums, changing up the layout of the Forum Index.
ok... was just being an a$$ anyway... I never get to be that guy...

Let me guess: someone visited the 2+2 forums and decided to copy that masterful layout?I hope we get to see the OP for each thread in the index. Otherwise I'm fine with the forums as is...

Let me guess: someone visited the 2+2 forums and decided to copy that masterful layout?I hope we get to see the OP for each thread in the index. Otherwise I'm fine with the forums as is...
Actually, it looks nothing like 2+2.
Thank god.While I have gotten used to the forums as is, I'm sure there is lots of room for improvement. I do remember not liking it when I started lurking here.I'll be interested to see how it looks and works on Monday.
Why no info on it Custom?
We're still testing out the capabilities and working out some kinks. I can tell you that it's an invision board, so I kinda know what to expect from it. They're pretty customizable, so what you see on Monday will likely be nowhere near the finished product.There will be some increased capabilities for moderators and administrators which will make it easier to patrol the forums and help out new users a bit more than we've been able to lately.I'm not sure how much will be new to the average user. You'll just have to wait until Monday.
There will be some increased capabilities for moderators and administrators which will make it easier for me to randomly over-use my authority and move and lock any threadsthat I feel are detrimental to my view of what the forum shouldbe, while still being condescending in tone to anyone who disagrees.
fyp(just kidding - actually, I'm a big fan of the moderation of late - but I still have to throw a little jab in from time to time :club: )
There will be some increased capabilities for moderators and administrators which will make it easier for me to randomly over-use my authority and move and lock any threadsthat I feel are detrimental to my view of what the forum shouldbe, while still being condescending in tone to anyone who disagrees.
fyp(just kidding - actually, I'm a big fan of the moderation of late - but I still have to throw a little jab in from time to time :club: )
:whistle:
thank god