worst calls/plays you've ever seen

You raised all in with 5 callers ahead of you with A4?Dude, I'm a fish, but you're an idiot.
In my own defence, I think I was a better judge of that moment than you were, no one really liked there hands and I took a move to steal. Seeing as how you are a self-described fish, here's something about NL, if no one sees your hand, it doesn't matter what you have in the hole. A little nugget for you to chew on. Have some, it's delicious.
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FPP qualifier to the EPT Monte Carlo next month.Top 3 earn a seat, 4 players left. Hero (my cousin) is 2nd in chips (about 95% of the chips 1 place has), villian is 1st in chips.Hole cards:Hero - 99Villian - KJPreflop: Hero raised to 5x BB, 2 folds, Villian calls.Flop: [9 5 2]Hero bets all-in, villian calls.Turn: [9 5 2] [T]River: [9 5 2 T] [Q]Villain wins with straight, king high.Given all the surrounding info, calling with KJ high in that spot is the worst call I've ever seen.

I dont know if it's the worst, but the worst recently happened last night. I was playing heads-up LHE and I too lost a big pot to 23 off. I had AA and I'm pretty sure I got 3 bets in pre-flop and on the flop and 2 bets in on 4th and 5th street. He had no pair/no draw on the flop, picked up a pair of deuces on the turn and rivered a 3 for 2 pair to take down my AA.

Ok, I'll play.Late in a 30+3 MTT about 20 players left, 10 paid.I'm an above average stack and got involved with 2 average stacks.Here's what happened:UTG raises 5x BB. He's got a big hand.MP calls.I'm in the cutoff with AA, I rasie to 15x BB to isolate UTG.UTG re-raises me. I put him on KK (or maybe the other two aces?).MP calls. Wait, WTF does he have?I go all-in, enough of this crap.UTG calls with KK.MP also calls with...A6 offsuit.A6 offsuit!Needless to say, a 6 on the flop and a 6 on the river and I was hopelessly crippled and didn't make the money.I hate that guy...

I think this one takes the cake.At a home game, my girlfriend and my cousin are heads up, both have a good amount of chips. Anyways, my gf has 76os and raises preflop, my cousin just calls. Flop is 5d9sKc.GF: betsCousin: callsTurn is Ah.GF: checksCousin: checksRiver is 8c (giving my gf the nuts).My girlfriend then CHECKS and flips her cards over, MY COUSIN SEES THE CARDS and then I tell my gf that the hand is not done yet. She says oops and turns the cards back over. Then my cousin bets most of his stack (by now I'm in a state of confusion of what the heck is going on). My gf looks at her cards and FOLDS. My cousin then shows his bluff (2c 4c). I then ask my girlfriend to flip her cards over and look at her hand. She looks and then notices that she has a straight...I am not lying.

Waaaaaaaay too many to mention but I'll give you two of the worstGuy called me all the way and after the river with 3 high because "I knew you were bluffing." LaughingIn a home game, guy folds the nuts because "I didn't know that A-5 is a straight." Laughing
The wheel is never the nuts.
Lol. You hold 45. The Board is A 2 3 8 K no flush possible.You have a wheel. Please either tell me what the nuts is or tell me your joking.

This was at some micro-limit nl game on stars (I believe .10-.25). Player in mp limps I limp with A 6 suited from the SB and BB checks. Now the flop come Q 6 rag and my donkey ass bets the pot not noticing that MP limper is really short stacked. BB calls MP limper moves in now I priced myself in to this hand so I call as does the BB. Turn brings a flush draw and its checked by me and BB. River completes the flush draw and with 3 overs and a potential flush I check thinking there is no way my 6's are good. Now with just shy of $4 in the main pot and no side pot BB moves in for $9 more, I fold. BB shows 8 high (well he bluffed me off my 6's) mp has Q's and takes it down. Now I played my hand stupidly but this guy bluffing at a pot with no chance of winning any money himself made up for it in me lmao.

Foxwoods $1-$2NL game now I was at the opposite end of the table during this hand but the board was A K Q J 10 no flush possible. Player A moves in Player B shakes his head laughs and calls. Player A and B turn over there cards. Player A looks at Player B's cards get's up and starts to walk away. Player B was too nice a guy and stopped him to tell him half was his.

Worst call I ever made was when I called my wife after I didn't show up for a dinner she cooked becasue I was at work playing in an online tournament that I didn't even make the money in.

Saw probably the worst call I've ever been involved in just yesterday...Playing a sit&go at my local card club, I have pocket 3's. My raise is called by 1 guy.Flop comes 3-10-10. I check, opponent bets 800 (blinds 100/200). I reraise him all-in. He calls. I show him my boat, he shows me Q-9. The guy had absolutely nothing!So what happens next, he gets running Q's to beat me and knock me out of the tourney. Yeah!!!The same guy later called an all-in in a cash game with only the river to come, and he had an open ended straight draw, and a flush draw. Not saying his call was bad here as he had 17 outs, but the bastard spiked 1 of 2 cards to make a Q high straight flush, beating the other guys Ace high flush.The Goddess of Queens was definitely flowing out of him yesterday.

River is 8c (giving my gf the nuts).Then my cousin bets most of his stack (by now I'm in a state of confusion of what the heck is going on). My gf looks at her cards and FOLDS. My cousin then shows his bluff (2c 4c). I then ask my girlfriend to flip her cards over and look at her hand. She looks and then notices that she has a straight...
I've seen it many times where someone doesn't realize they have a straight. They toss their cards on the table face up, and someone quickly realizes they have the straight and informs them.
I think this one takes the cake.At a home game, my girlfriend and my cousin are heads up, both have a good amount of chips. Anyways, my gf has 76os and raises preflop, my cousin just calls. Flop is 5d9sKc.GF: betsCousin: callsTurn is Ah.GF: checksCousin: checksRiver is 8c (giving my gf the nuts).My girlfriend then CHECKS and flips her cards over, MY COUSIN SEES THE CARDS and then I tell my gf that the hand is not done yet. She says oops and turns the cards back over. Then my cousin bets most of his stack (by now I'm in a state of confusion of what the heck is going on). My gf looks at her cards and FOLDS. My cousin then shows his bluff (2c 4c). I then ask my girlfriend to flip her cards over and look at her hand. She looks and then notices that she has a straight...I am not lying.
Dump her.....

Last night in a 10 dollar tourney on Full Tilt, I had 3800 in chips left (200/400 with 50 ante) in the BB in a limped pot with the J :) 2 :) . 4 players.Flop 8 :club: 6 :) 2 :D I check, as well as two others, and then the button, a big stack of 16K, bets 1200 into a 2400 pot. I read this as weakness, and with a pair of twos, as well as a possible overcard and backdoor flush draw, I jam the pot (obviously wanting to take it down there).He thinks.....and thinks........and waits til the last minute UNTIL he calls me:With the Q :D 10 :D Queen high! He called me with Queen high! (and I was scared as f*uck because it's online and I thought he would eventually suckout* on me, but the J2 held as I hit trip dueces).He then said that "he meant to press fold". Sure. He probably had me on a straight draw like 97 and though that his Q high was good (either that, or was chasing his overcards like a donkey). *BUT I eventually DID get sucked out on, as per usual in my online MTT experience, as when I was in prime chip position with over 16K, I picked up KK. A chip leader with 20K tried to push me off my hand preflop went all-in on AJo. I call, and of course he hits trip A - but I at least got eliminated in 44th place and made a cool $4.50 profit! :evil:

hahahaha my buddy was playing in a tournament, three left out of like 20 has j9 board showing 85j82. he calls a big bet, the other guy says "I have two pair" so he throws his hand away. Another guy goes wtf what were you calling with? His response "A jack. But his two pair has me beat." "Look at the board moron, you have two pair too" Other guy shows his pocket 7s as he brings in the pot. He was so pissed he didn't play for like a month.

lets not clog the forum with a thread thats already been started about the same thing
Seems there are a lot of people posting on this thread. So, in other words, let's not clog my thread with these stupid comments.

Well just now on Ultimatebet dude UTG raises to .30cents (.5/.10 nl). I reraise with AK soooooted of hearts to $1.Everyone folds back to the initial raiser who pushes all in for his last $4I instantly call. board comes: 2 9 9 Q 3I'm thinking "Oh I'm beat by AQ or KK or JJ or 10s"NOPE. He turns up Q 4 off suit.And that's my story.......

The worst ive seen is a 50/100 nl game. player a raised on the turn..was re-raised all in by player b.after a short think, player a called and hit an inside str8 on river. the pot was about 60k. There was also a possible flush out there so he could of been drawing dead.
60K pot? Any max buy-in to the game?
10k but obviously they had both won a few hands already.

Lurked for awhile, finally decided to post.. maybe its sorta bad to post on this older thread when its kind of died? Dont know, not an "internet guy" But anyway...Here's a story: Playing in a bar in Montanta. They only have 1 blind, which is $1. Guy in the blind puts up two dollars. Dealer then asks if he wants to straddle, he says yes. (She explained straddle to him quicky as it was clear he was clueless) One caller, comes around to him for his option to raise. He says "I fold"Dealer explains the situation, says he can check, ... he still mucks his cards and gives the $2 to the caller. Have to consult Slansky on this one, but I think the old "Staddle then fold without a re-raise" move is ev-.

Lurked for awhile, finally decided to post.. maybe its sorta bad to post on this older thread when its kind of died? Dont know, not an "internet guy" But anyway...Here's a story: Playing in a bar in Montanta. They only have 1 blind, which is $1. Guy in the blind puts up two dollars. Dealer then asks if he wants to straddle, he says yes. (She explained straddle to him quicky as it was clear he was clueless) One caller, comes around to him for his option to raise. He says "I fold"Dealer explains the situation, says he can check, ... he still mucks his cards and gives the $2 to the caller. Have to consult Slansky on this one, but I think the old "Staddle then fold without a re-raise" move is ev-.
HaHa This proves my theory that straddlers are stupid.(sw)

Worst non-call I've ever witnessed. In a 1-table S&G tourney, bubble situation (4 players left), I watched a player on the button check a nut full house down to the river, fearful of being the bubble-chump. None of the other three players bet, everyone checked. Not a single bet. Not even a silly little value bet. Fittingly, this player went on to finish 4th. Loser. I hate bubble pussies.