• Replies 80.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CardWarfare

• gkunit20

• chrozzo

• pckt10s

Currently there isn't one, which has led to the problem.
well I really wish you the best of luck dude. If I lived in boston, I would probably invite you to chill at my pad, but nebraska and massachusetts are pretty far apart. I hope you get through this.
I am pretty confident I will. The story is long and boring - and I really just look at it as an obstacle that I can overcome. I appreciate the support, and you know my hideout brothers will be the first to know of any updates.
Aaight. I got a paper to finish, but I will probably be back before I go to bed which will be about 10 pm central.

I'm in an MTT on Pokerroom, so I may be around awhile.

What a day. How was yours? I need to hear about someone else's life right now.20 minutes into the MTT - no hands yet

What a day. How was yours? I need to hear about someone else's life right now.20 minutes into the MTT - no hands yet
Well, after work last night, I went to the bike to play a little and ended up giving back over 1/2 of what I won on Friday. Then I got home at about 12 had some cinnamon toast crunch, and then hit the sack for about 4 1/2 hours. Got up, ate some spagetti, and was off to work.Not exactly a great or interesting day.

Wow. I was doing fine in the MTT, maintaining an average stack, when the percs got me loopy and I ended up donking off most of my stack in one horrendously bad play. It was all downhill after that.Oh well.And BTW, your day was much better than mine :?

Wow. I was doing fine in the MTT, maintaining an average stack, when the percs got me loopy and I ended up donking off most of my stack in one horrendously bad play. It was all downhill after that.Oh well.And BTW, your day was much better than mine :?
Nah, I'm already on my 4th cup of coffee.

Now I'm itching to play another tournament - but the reality of tomorrow is telling me to get some sleep. Dammit.I'm still pretty numb from the percs though - perhaps sleep would be nice...

Now I'm itching to play another tournament - but the reality of tomorrow is telling me to get some sleep. Dammit.I'm still pretty numb from the percs though - perhaps sleep would be nice...
I could use some sleep right now. I can't though for about another 3 hours, when I have a break.

I jumped into a ring game. Probably play for a half-hour or so.

Hey, everyone.I haven't been visiting the forums much lately, pretty much the same reason that BigD left, and in case anyone out there liked me, I am just saying this will probably be my last post on this forum. I didn't make much impact on the forum anyways, so I didn't feel like making a new thread for this.See ya all later.

Sorry to see you go - if you feel like coming, hang out at the hideout with us.

Well, I am done for the night. Last one out of the hideout, turn the lights off. See you all tomorrow.

Koop style.It was the candidates' cycle that started in 1969 that put Fischer on the road to the World Championship. The first step in the championship process was the zonal tournaments around the world. The U.S. Championship that year was also the zonal, with the top three finishers qualifying for the next stage, the Interzonal. Fischer, however, had sat out the U.S. Championship because of disagreements about the tournament's format and prize fund. To enable Fischer to compete for the title, the third-place finisher, Grandmaster Pal Benko, gave up his coveted place in the Interzonal, for which he received a modest $2,000 payment from the United States Chess Federation (USCF). All the other participants also had to agree to defer to Fischer, which they did. This unusual arrangement was the work of Ed Edmondson, then the Executive Director of the USCF.Fischer proceeded to win the Interzonal by a remarkable 3.5 points, finishing with seven consecutive wins (one by default). He continued his display of chess prowess in the Candidates matches, defeating his opponents with a lopsided series of results which still has not been equalled by the world's top players. Both Mark Taimanov (USSR) and Bent Larsen of Denmark, the second best non-Soviet player after Fischer himself, were crushed 6-0 (+6 -0 =0). Larsen later explained in a ChessBase interview that his one-sided loss was due in part to his condition during the match: "The organizers chose the wrong time for this match. I was languid with the heat and Fischer was better prepared for such exceptional circumstances... I saw chess pieces through a mist and, thus, my level of playing was not good." Critics, however, feel that Larsen is exaggerating, still bitter from his terrible loss.Only former World Champion Tigran Petrosian, Fischer's final opponent in the Candidates matches, made any impression against Fischer's skill and strength. Fischer won the first game to complete a remarkable streak of twenty consecutive wins, a feat which has been compared to throwing back-to-back no-hitters in baseball. Petrosian broke the streak by beating Fischer in the second game. After three draws, however, Fischer won the next four games to win the match by a comfortable score, 6.5-2.5 (+5 =3 -1). In 1971 Fischer had finally earned the right to challenge the World Champion, Boris Spassky, whom he had never beaten before.[edit]The Match of the CenturyMain article: Match of the Century Fischer's career-long stubbornness about match and tournament conditions was manifest in the run-up to his match with Spassky. Of the possible sites, Fischer preferred Yugoslavia while Spassky preferred Iceland. For a time it appeared that the dispute would be resolved with an unusual split schedule, putting some games in each location, but that arrangement fell through. At one point Fischer announced that he would not play the match. In answer to Fischer's objection that the prize fund was inadequate, London financier Jim Slater donated an addition of $125,000, bringing the prize fund to $250,000. Henry Kissinger telephoned Fischer, appealing to his patriotism in urging him to play. For whatever reason, Fischer eventually decided to go ahead.The match between Spassky and Fischer took place in Reykjavík, Iceland, from July through September, 1972. Fischer lost the first two games, the first on a blunder, the second by forfeit when he refused to play his game. It seemed that Fischer was going to forfeit the entire match until Spassky intervened surprisingly, and yielded to Fischer's demands to move the next game to a back room, away from the cameras. After this controversial incident, Fischer proceeded to win seven of the next 19 games, losing only one and drawing 11, for a final score of 12.5 - 8.5, to win against Spassky.[edit]World Champion (1972-1975)The outcome of the Match of the Century cemented two milestones in Fischer's career--the ambition of being the World Chess Champion, and being the highest rated player ever according to the Elo rating system (a rating of 2780 after the Spassky match, although he had been as high as 2785 in 1971).The win over Spassky was also considered something of a Cold War propaganda victory for the United States, confirming as it did that the strongest player in the world, in a sport dominated by the Soviets since World War II, was now an iconoclastic American who defeated the mighty Soviet chess establishment almost single-handedly.In the same interview with Len Zola, Bill Hughes asked Bobby Fischer about the money that he won in 1972 and what he had done with it. Fischer said that he had given the Worldwide Church of God $61,200 out of the $200,000 that he made that year. However, 1972 was also the key year in the climax of prophecies both broadcast and written by Herbert W. Armstrong and those prophecies had failed to come true. Meanwhile Garner Ted Armstrong was exposed as having engaged in a series of sex scandals and he was subsequently removed as the main speaker on The World Tomorrow program. Fischer became disillusioned with the organization and left it, subsequently publicly denouncing it.All of these events had a tremendous impact on Fischer, who felt betrayed and swindled by a church that kept the seventh day Sabbath, did not keep Easter or Christmas, but celebrated many of the days that are holy to Jews, while claiming that the Anglo-Saxon peoples constituted the Lost Ten Tribes of Israel. (However, unlike other groups who believed variations on this same theory, the Worldwide Church of God held that Jews were brothers within the same family of Israel.) This may have catalyzed Fischer's extreme anti-Semitism and beliefs in a worldwide conspiracy against him. Bobby Fischer on the cover of Life magazine[edit]Publicity of chess in the United StatesFischer's winning of the title brought both him and chess tremendous publicity in the United States. The U.S. public went wild over Fischer's victory against Spassky. Fischer became an instant celebrity whose name became known by people who knew nothing about chess. He received countless product endorsement offers, had his picture featured on the cover of Life magazine, and even made an appearance on national TV. Membership in the United States Chess Federation tripled, creating what is commonly called the "Fischer Boom" years. The last time chess had been so topical among the general American public had been when Paul Morphy returned to the U.S. after beating Europe's greatest masters. More recently, his name appeared in the title of the film Searching for Bobby Fischer, about a young chess prodigy. Fischer cited this film as a Jewish conspiracy's attempt to make money off his name, since he has received no royalties from it.Fischer authored two best-selling books on chess during this time: My 60 Memorable Games (ISBN 0671214837) and Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess (ISBN 0553263153).[edit]Fischer - Karpov 1975Fischer was scheduled to defend his title against his challenger Anatoly Karpov in 1975. Fischer had not played any tournament games since winning the title, and he laid down numerous conditions for the match. FIDE agreed to all of his demands but two, rejecting Fischer's demands on how the match would be won. Fischer claimed the usual system (24 games with the first player to get 12.5 points winning) encouraged the player in the lead to draw games, which was not good for chess in his opinion. Fischer instead wanted a match of an unlimited number of games, with the first player to score ten wins winning the match, draws not counting. Many detractors argued that this proposal was unrealistic and would turn the match into a test of stamina rather than skill. (For these critics, the aborted "first to six wins" Karpov-Kasparov match in 1984 would later serve as confirmation.) Most controversial of all Fischer's conditions however was his demand that, in the event of each player winning nine games, the champion (Fischer in this case) would retain his title. This meant that Fischer only needed to win nine games to retain the championship, while Karpov had to win by a score of ten to eight. Because FIDE would not change the rules to give Fischer more of an advantage than previous champions had enjoyed, Fischer resigned in a cable to FIDE president Max Euwe on June 27, 1974:"As I made clear in my telegram to the FIDE delegates, the match conditions I proposed were non-negotiable. Mr. Cramer informs me that the rules of the winner being the first player to win ten games, draws not counting, unlimited number of games and if nine wins to nine match is drawn with champion regaining title and prize fund split equally were rejected by the FIDE delegates. By so doing FIDE has decided against my participating in the 1975 world chess championship. I therefore resign my FIDE world chess champion title. Sincerely, Bobby Fischer."It is significant that in Fischer's cable, he emphasizes his resignation of the "FIDE" world chess champion title. This detail would later manifest itself in Fischer's remarks during his 1992 rematch with Spassky, in which Fischer claimed he was still world champion. These comments mirrored the growing unease in the rest of the chess world, where FIDE's management of the title was becoming increasingly questioned, ultimately culminating in Garry Kasparov and Nigel Short's split in 1993.Regardless, soon after his clash with FIDE, Fischer disappeared and did not play competitive chess for nearly twenty years. Rumors as to his whereabouts were common, with the general consensus being that Fischer changed his residence every once in a while.

I'm always open to entrepreneurial opportunities and I got a letter in the mail about one those business "seminars" coming to town about getting into the vending machine business. This sort of business has caught my attention before.What do you guys think about it? Does anyone have experience with this?
You can make a lot of money in that business, but only if you have the right capital and are able to have a large amount of vending machines...this usually happens by signing a deal with a chain grocery store or such to have your vending machines in all of their stores. The profit margin on vending machines is awesome, particularly the ones that sell crappy stickers and stuff like that. If you are patient and willing to wait awhile to build your business, you can make money in this field.Have you ever thought about getting into the ATM business?
I'm kinda scared of the ATM business because this girl I work with was doing it and making money, but all of a sudden they shut them down and she ended up losing $2500 out of the deal.

I came down to the breakfast tablefelt like I could dieTried so hard but wasn't ableto look you in the eyeFor i'm feeling so much shameyes i have brought disgracei can tell i've soiled my good nameby the look upon your faceWell it seems last night you caught me spankin itNo use denyin it I was really crankin itWell Dry your eyes don't be so sadIf you could just forgive me and talk to me, dadtalk to me dadI didn't hear ya enter, no I didn't hear the doorwith my hand upon my member and my pants upon the floorNow burnt into your brain is an image you dispiselike blood and guts and starvin kids and Stevie Wonder's eyesWell it seems last night you caught me spankin itNo use denyin it I was really crankin itWell Dry your eyes don't be so sadbut I wouldn't use those tissuesThey've already been hadTalk to me dadThe look upon your face made my swollen gland diminishSo I said, "Could ya close the door? I really wanna finish"Now daddy I'm ashamed and I'd completely understandIf you never wanna hug again or even shake my handWell it seems last night you caught me spankin itNo use denyin it I was really crankin itWell Dry your eyes don't be so sadJust because it was your bedIt's not that badWhen I was only seventeen, you told me it was dirty, soit must be really creepy when your kid is pushin thirtyBut you cannot tell me dad that you have never had a whackAt the thing that hangs below your belt and bumps into your sackWell it seems last night you caught me spankin itNo use denyin it I was really crankin itWell Dry your eyes don't be so sadBut I wouldn't use those tissues they've already been-just because it was your bedit's not that-now daddy daddy please forgive me and talk to me dadtalk to me dad

nm...going to bed soon since I have class tomorrow in the morning. I wont be able to post until i get back from class..which is around 3-4pm monday-thursday :club: i'm thinking about switching my major again..i dont know what I want to do yet.