what music are you guys listening to?

Glad you finally got around to the Grey Album, Dutch. I thought it was going to be so lame when all the retards I knew started listening to it and telling me how totally righteous it was, but a few parts actually gave me chills the first time I heard it. It's very cool.I'm finally getting around to listening to the second Menomena album. I don't know why, but I get the feeling that MK would find something to appreciate about the way some of these songs are constructed. Maybe not, though. Anyway, it's good. I especially enjoy the songs "Weird" "My My" and "Evil Bee." Regardless, I recommend that everyone listen to it, but probably a few times, because it's a little goofy.Wang

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

Went out and bought cds today for the first time in forever. I gotBill Evans live in Tokyo '73Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsies, live New Year's Eve 1969 double cdRadiohead - Kid AModern Lovers Live at the Longbranch '71-'72Rolling Stones - Beggars BanquetEric Dolphy - Far Cry with Booker Little

Went out and bought cds today for the first time in forever. I gotBill Evans live in Tokyo '73Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsies, live New Year's Eve 1969 double cdRadiohead - Kid AModern Lovers Live at the Longbranch '71-'72Rolling Stones - Beggars BanquetEric Dolphy - Far Cry with Booker Little
People still pay for those things?

Usually i hate any rap/urban/r&b music but just heard a song by Dizzee Rascal called Sirens and it's damn good (he's a english rapper btw)

Desecration Of The Heavenly Graceful - Incantation

R. Kelly's "Real Talk" is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. It equals, and at times surpasses, Trapped In The Closet.On a real note, I've been listening to a lot of Mr. Lif, The Coup and Immortal Technique lately. Fight the power.Also, still listening to Sufjan Stevens a lot. I'm finding that Michigan is my go-to "driving home late at night" album.And Hot Chip's "The Warning".I think that's everything. Real talk.
I'm addicted to Revolutionary Vol 2.If you're into rap and haven't listened to Immortal Technique, DO IT.PM me and i'll hook you up with some of his good ****.

I've been on a HUGE Sonic Youth kick since about a week ago. It was weird, because I randomly put in Daydream Nation for like the first time in 2 years the other day, and then a few days later Pitchfork is reviewing the Delux Reissue of the same album. Even when I'm not a Pitchfork Drone, I'm still somehow inexorably tied to them.Anyway, Dutch, you'd love Sonic Youth. I always forget about them, somehow, even though they rule mega hardWang

Chris Cornell - Carry On.Cornell's covering "Billy Jean" is so absurd it's awesome.
You heard the new Pharoahe Monch yet? The advance is available all over the internets. Or...so I hear. I certainly don't have it on my iPod or anything.
I've been on a HUGE Sonic Youth kick since about a week ago. It was weird, because I randomly put in Daydream Nation for like the first time in 2 years the other day, and then a few days later Pitchfork is reviewing the Delux Reissue of the same album. Even when I'm not a Pitchfork Drone, I'm still somehow inexorably tied to them.Anyway, Dutch, you'd love Sonic Youth. I always forget about them, somehow, even though they rule mega hardWang
I have a few of their albums, but I don't listen to them. I'll give them another play.
Anyone hear the new White Stripes album? I don't know if it's not good or if I'm just sick of The White Stripes.
I just opened this thread up to say that I just downloaded it, and was about to give it a listen. Today I'm on a Wolf Parade kick, so I'm listening to Apologies to the Queen Mary and Sunset Rubdown and all that.
I just opened this thread up to say that I just downloaded it, and was about to give it a listen. Today I'm on a Wolf Parade kick, so I'm listening to Apologies to the Queen Mary and Sunset Rubdown and all that.
Two of my favorite records.I just checked out the Pitchfork review of the WS album, and was a little surprised by the 8.0 rating. But I guess they're pretty hard to come to a consensus on, at all.
Chris Cornell - Carry On.Cornell's covering "Billy Jean" is so absurd it's awesome.
Just heard this today for the first time, As a fan of Soundgarden, TOTD, Audioslave, Euphoria Morning etc etc, It'd be pretty hard for me not to like it... The one I heard was the Live version and the acoustic guitar backing was horrible but chris sounded awesome as per usual.

Pet Sounds, by the beach boys.. with each passing year, I love this record more and more and more. Like, I used to have a cool kid derision for the Beach boys, thinking they were all fluff and no substance.. and a great amount of their work is fluff.. but it had much more substance than I ever imagined.. and Pet sounds is just a masterpiece..

That's the best song ever, right there.. (not a rick roll, pinky swear...) So beautiful and perfect.I'm also DLing the Sgt. Peppers/Pet sounds mash up, that I am super, duper pyscked to hear, as those are two of my top 10 favorite albums.

God, the mash up was so painful to listen to.. some of the songs were just.. terrible.. like.. they sounded like cd's skipping, it was impossible for me to listen to.. othersongs were cleaver, but.. like.. it twisted my mind too much.. pretty much, it was beatles music and beach boys vocal tracks, with blips and blurps of Beatles vocals and beach boys music.. it's was really, really bad, IMO. But made me want to listen to Sargent peppers again, so I think I will

This isn't the place to ask but this is good a place as ever. Where'd that 70's music video thread go to? The one that had 70's youtube music videos?