• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T YOU LISTENED TO THE NEW PHAROAHE MONCH YET?
Goddamn it. Now I'll have to work a third album into that mix. It's going to be pretty tough to beat the transition from "War Nerve" to "Don't Waste Your Time"
I go back and forth, but I eventually decided on MoP, though I certainly love RtL as well. I don't think I'd begrudge anybody if they chose Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, or And Justice for All.Wang
this is incorrect.the black album is the best, and i don't care if it's overplayed. enter sandman is good. sad but true is great. holier than thou is awesome, esp guitar solo, unforgiven is very good, wherever i may roam is awesome, 6 and 7 kinda suck, nothing else matters is good, of wolf and man is awesome, god that failed is ok, my friend of misery is the best song on the album, and the last song kinda sucks. thats a pretty good proportion. with master....1 is good, 2 is good, 3 is eh, 4 is good, 5 sucks, 6 sucks, 7 is good, 8 sucks. and every single song is in E which is infuriating.by the way, what music am i listening to lately? other than porcupine tree's fear of a blank planet, which terrorizes faces, i recently got into a band called oceansize which is absolutely amazing. their album "everyone into position" is really remarkable. also "as far as the eye can see" by people in planes can't get out of my head. pretty simple music but incredibly solid and catchy.

I do a lot of DJing, so I always got the newest and wackiest mashups... The 3 I would say stand the test of time are DJ John, Party Ben, and Silence Xperiment. Seriously, I know it's a pain in the arse to track 'em down sometimes, but these 3 are truly worth it.

this is incorrect.the black album is the best, and i don't care if it's overplayed. enter sandman is good. sad but true is great. holier than thou is awesome, esp guitar solo, unforgiven is very good, wherever i may roam is awesome, 6 and 7 kinda suck, nothing else matters is good, of wolf and man is awesome, god that failed is ok, my friend of misery is the best song on the album, and the last song kinda sucks. thats a pretty good proportion. with master....1 is good, 2 is good, 3 is eh, 4 is good, 5 sucks, 6 sucks, 7 is good, 8 sucks. and every single song is in E which is infuriating.by the way, what music am i listening to lately? other than porcupine tree's fear of a blank planet, which terrorizes faces, i recently got into a band called oceansize which is absolutely amazing. their album "everyone into position" is really remarkable. also "as far as the eye can see" by people in planes can't get out of my head. pretty simple music but incredibly solid and catchy.
Speaking of Porcupine Tree, I saw them on their new tour without having heard the album yet, just like I did on the Deadwing tour. Suffice to say, while there were some similarities in the song structure, I was still pretty blown away. They played the whole Fear of a Blank Planet album, took a break and came back to play a bunch of older stuff. Fantastic band and vision. Steve Wilson is quite the autuer. That being said, he wouldn't be able to make it happen without the great band. Richard Barbieri FTW! And that drummer is a freakin' monster on the kit.

I hate when this thread gets buried. The last few weeks I've been listening to a lot of Spoon in anticipation for the Tuesday release of their new album, "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga." I assumed based on the track list and the album title that it was going to be terrible, but it is rather great. I've always been a pretty big Spoon fan, and I am absolutely not disappointed. On the contrary, I am surprisingly pleased. So far this is the worst paragraph I've written since the story I wrote in 4th grade about a parrot that solves mysteries.Wang

I hate when this thread gets buried. The last few weeks I've been listening to a lot of Spoon in anticipation for the Tuesday release of their new album, "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga." I assumed based on the track list and the album title that it was going to be terrible, but it is rather great. I've always been a pretty big Spoon fan, and I am absolutely not disappointed. On the contrary, I am surprisingly pleased. So far this is the worst paragraph I've written since the story I wrote in 4th grade about a parrot that solves mysteries.Wang
I have like nine Spoon albums, but never ever listened to one. What's the best?Also, here's one that carries some guilt: Jimmy Buffett. Fuck you, I like him.
The only albums I've listened to in the past 2 weeks are Pantera's 101 Proof, and Kelly Clarkson's My December. Seriously.
Still true.
Kill the Moonlight
Seconded, but there are a handful of top-notch releases. I've been listening to Beach House's album recently. I missed them before, but they're cool. Kinda shoegazeyish.Wang
Kill the Moonlight
Seconded, but there are a handful of top-notch releases. I've been listening to Beach House's album recently. I missed them before, but they're cool. Kinda shoegazeyish.Wang
I personally give the slight edge to Girls Can Tell.

the pitchfork festival was pretty cool. battles and jamie lidell won (if you've never heard of the latter, look him up. that guy can SING).

I personally give the slight edge to Girls Can Tell.
I think I like Kill the Moonlight, Series of Sneaks, and Girls Can Tell about the equally, but in the order listed previously. It's pretty close. I really like the new album. "You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb" is a pretty sweet song, and will surely be featured prominently in the next mix I make and hand out to sluts that want to seem cool.
I found a shirt that I think accurately describes how indy I am: minizoom.jpgWhen I saw that, I was like, "I'm EXACTLY that indy!"
I would never wear a shirt like that, because I'm afraid people wouldn't understand that I'm being ironic, and that I'm 100% making fun of myself because I'm so lame. The joke is "I am a tool." But it's pretty awesome anyway.Dutch, you've come a loooong way baby.How was the World Series?
the pitchfork festival was pretty cool. battles and jamie lidell won (if you've never heard of the latter, look him up. that guy can SING).
Battles RULES. I bet they're really fun to see live.Wang
I think I like Kill the Moonlight, Series of Sneaks, and Girls Can Tell about the equally, but in the order listed previously. It's pretty close. I really like the new album. "You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb" is a pretty sweet song, and will surely be featured prominently in the next mix I make and hand out to sluts that want to seem cool.I would never wear a shirt like that, because I'm afraid people wouldn't understand that I'm being ironic, and that I'm 100% making fun of myself because I'm so lame. The joke is "I am a tool." But it's pretty awesome anyway.Dutch, you've come a loooong way baby.How was the World Series?Battles RULES. I bet they're really fun to see live.Wang
It was great. I'll tell you some sweet stories (there's a hooker story) next time we're both on AIM. Also, I'm at the final table, seeing as how I'm actually Lee Watkinson.Yeah, I like to think I'm pretty hip, these days. I now carry a messenger bag with an Ubuntu bumper-sticker on it, and keep it stocked with well-worn novels about heroic mathematicians.
Battles RULES. I bet they're really fun to see live.Wang
word. i saw them in cleveland (don't ask what i was doing there, we all make mistakes) at a really small bar, and that was, like, SUPER amazing. the outdoor show was definitely really cool, but i think they're a small venue band. you lose a lot of the complexities of their stuff in a huge area.also, girls can tell ftw. just sayin.:club:
LOVE Jamie Lidell. I missed him when he was in town last, but I'm definitely going to be there for the next show, whenever that may be.
I think I like Kill the Moonlight, Series of Sneaks, and Girls Can Tell about the equally, but in the order listed previously. It's pretty close. I really like the new album. "You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb" is a pretty sweet song, and will surely be featured prominently in the next mix I make and hand out to sluts that want to seem cool.
I haven't listened to it yet, but I've heard nothing but stellar reviews. Maybe that'll be what I listen to today.

i’ve been on the roadi’ve been on vacationi’ve been travelling light to reach my final destinationnow i’m coming homeso tell the girls that i am back in townyou’d better tell them to bewarewell they may go or they might try to hidei follow on and i’ll be thereso tell the girls that i am back in townand if it’s true i do not knowthat every girl around had missed me sincei decided to goi could be your friendi could be your strangeri could be the one your mother said would be a dangernow it’s up to you