what music are you guys listening to?

Obv jealousy scrapper bikes are the next big thing. Im trading in my Civic and gonna pony up another couple grand to get one. . :club:
i dont have the mobney to do that but i applied to go on pimp my scrapper hopefully thatll go through
  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

Too much Dylan. Time Out of Mind is becoming one of my favorites, again.Out of curiosity, what's a typical Dylan opinion coming for the Pitchfork camp?
I have never listened to much Dylan, but the Pitchfork staff generally reviews all of his newe stuff INCREDIBLY favorably. Some of the live stuff that comes out consistently gets 9+ ratings, and the album "Modern Times" which came out a few years ago got an 8+. They'll occasionally reference Dylan's Revival and Time Out of Mind as a counterpoint when talking about other older artists that can't make good music as they age.
I have never listened to much Dylan, but the Pitchfork staff generally reviews all of his newe stuff INCREDIBLY favorably. Some of the live stuff that comes out consistently gets 9+ ratings, and the album "Modern Times" which came out a few years ago got an 8+. They'll occasionally reference Dylan's Revival and Time Out of Mind as a counterpoint when talking about other older artists that can't make good music as they age.
Actually, I seem to recall this in the review for the new Paul McCartney record.I'm a little surprised to learn they liked Modern Times. I thought it was completely awesome, but but seems a little...stagnant for their standards.
Actually, I seem to recall this in the review for the new Paul McCartney record.I'm a little surprised to learn they liked Modern Times. I thought it was completely awesome, but but seems a little...stagnant for their standards.
More than likely, they realize that panning Bob Dylan would be blasphemous and cement their reputation as being "trend-killers for the sake of being trend-killers."Wang
so does anybody on here like punk or ska at all??????
I'm fan of some punk an a bit of ska, The cat empire, the planet smashers, rancid are some favorites
I'm fan of some punk an a bit of ska, The cat empire, the planet smashers, rancid are some favorites
rancid is what pretty much what made me like ska and punk

I don't know if anybody listened to the under-the-radar "Rides the Subway" EP from Professor Murder that was released last year, but I've always really liked it, and I'm listening to it now. The song "Free Stress Test" has always struck me as pretty cool.www.myspace.com/pmurdermusicWang

I don't know if anybody listened to the under-the-radar "Rides the Subway" EP from Professor Murder that was released last year, but I've always really liked it, and I'm listening to it now. The song "Free Stress Test" has always struck me as pretty cool.www.myspace.com/pmurdermusicWang
I'm going to give them a listen per your recommendation.I've been listening to alot of mellow stuff lately and this follows that trend: Natalie Walker "Quicksand Thievery" http://www.myspace.com/nataliewalkermusic
I'm going to give them a listen per your recommendation.I've been listening to alot of mellow stuff lately and this follows that trend: Natalie Walker "Quicksand Thievery" http://www.myspace.com/nataliewalkermusic
Lemme know what you think. I'm sure pretty much nobody has ever heard of them, and I have no idea in which direction you lean musically.In my mind, your iPod only has old Jerky Boys calls on it. That's all you listen to, 100% of the time. When you're looking all serious and slowly sliding a stack of green chips forward on the felt, it's actually Jerky Boys on the headphones.Wang
Lemme know what you think. I'm sure pretty much nobody has ever heard of them, and I have no idea in which direction you lean musically.In my mind, your iPod only has old Jerky Boys calls on it. That's all you listen to, 100% of the time. When you're looking all serious and slowly sliding a stack of green chips forward on the felt, it's actually Jerky Boys on the headphones.Wang
I'm pretty open when it comes to music and I don't really engage in any form of musical snobbery. I'm not one of those guys who's playlist is whatever the Top 40 is for the week, I like a healthy mix of music that runs the gamut. I've actually really liked some of your musical suggestions in here and some have found their way onto my Ipod. I'm actually listening to the sounds of balls slapping vag and various moans so when I scoop the pot, I'm out of my seat air humping an invisible chick doggystyle. Sometimes I have one leg on the table for variation's sake. People never really get what motivates me to do this, but now you know.Wang- I'm really digging the instrumentals/beat of "Champion" and have looped that song several times. This is a group that I definitely have to be in the right mood for, but I do like their style.
I'm pretty open when it comes to music and I don't really engage in any form of musical snobbery. I'm not one of those guys who's playlist is whatever the Top 40 is for the week, I like a healthy mix of music that runs the gamut. I've actually really liked some of your musical suggestions in here and some have found their way onto my Ipod. I'm actually listening to the sounds of balls slapping vag and various moans so when I scoop the pot, I'm out of my seat air humping an invisible chick doggystyle. Sometimes I have one leg on the table for variation's sake. People never really get what motivates me to do this, but now you know.Wang- I'm really digging the instrumentals/beat of "Champion" and have looped that song several times. This is a group that I definitely have to be in the right mood for, but I do like their style.
Anything in particular you enjoyed? I'm the King of unsolicited musical advice. And as for music at the poker table, I listen to totally hilarious music on my iPod most of the time, hoping somebody will ask what I'm listening to so I can let them hear with a straight face. Wang

The National- Fake Empire (Live on Letterman)http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/forkcas...david-lettermanGood rendition of a good song. Anybody who hasn't listened to the guys, give this song a shot. I think the piano piece is really catchy, and the drum fill is pretty awesome, too.Wang

St. Vincent- Marry MeArt-rocker with a good voice and cool arrangements.
for such a tough guy, your softer side comes out in your music tastes, your just so cute :club:
for such a tough guy, your softer side comes out in your music tastes, your just so cute :club:
I was trying to figure out who would win in a street fight - Wang or myself - and the concluding I've come to is that before either of us could actually inflict anything close to pain or injury on the other, we would both unwittingly engage in fights actual people, and of course lose. Or, perhaps we'd sucked under by the tailwind of a passing Ford Astro long before either could land a meaningful blow. One or the other.
I was trying to figure out who would win in a street fight - Wang or myself - and the concluding I've come to is that before either of us could actually inflict anything close to pain or injury on the other, we would both unwittingly engage in fights actual people, and of course lose. Or, perhaps we'd sucked under by the tailwind of a passing Ford Astro long before either could land a meaningful blow. One or the other.
Something exactly like that. We'd manage to unwittingly (read: wittingly) offend some random passer-by, and he would proceed to pound on both our faggy asses. Except it probably wouldn't end up being as homoerotic as that sounds. I like to think that I'd probably have the edge, because I know you're Asian, and I don't think you're a martial arts master. In my experience, Asian kids that are not trained in the ways of ninja are usually just total wusses. I'm listening to the new Dizzee Rascal album now, and I really like it. Pussyole is a great single.Wang