horse at wsop and advisory panel formed

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the article it said the event would consist of NL holdem, Omaha, Razz,....etc. Is that a misprint?? HORSE is usually all fixed limit.
I've never seen a Horse tournament with NLHE. Bob must not know, or has bad information.
In the article it said the event would consist of NL holdem, Omaha, Razz,....etc. Is that a misprint?? HORSE is usually all fixed limit.
I've never seen a Horse tournament with NLHE. Bob must not know, or has bad information.
They are going to want to broadcast this 50k event on tv.So most likely it will be mixed all the way but will be nlh at the final table.
I'd be surprised if it weren't on TV. Funny how they have never had a buy in over 10k, and they just go all the way to 50k.IMHO that tells me the ME will be going up in the years to come.
Actually they had a 10k pot limit omaha event last year which ended up turning into a smaller prizepool then the 5k event that ivey won.
I wonder how many people will actually enter the event. It will certainly be nice to see on TV, but I personally think it would be complete trash if the final table is just NL tho.
I can see it now: ESPN taking 8 min. out of the show to explain the rules of each game to the audience.You cant explain a mixed game tournament to the audience, it's too complex. It isnt to us, but it would be to them.
They are going to want to broadcast this 50k event on tv.So most likely it will be mixed all the way but will be nlh at the final table.
That's the same reason the WNBA championship game will also be switched to NLHE next season.
That's the same reason the WNBA championship game will also be switched to NLHE next season.
... can't... stop... laughing
I'd be surprised if it weren't on TV. Funny how they have never had a buy in over 10k, and they just go all the way to 50k.IMHO that tells me the ME will be going up in the years to come.
Actually they had a 10k pot limit omaha event last year which ended up turning into a smaller prizepool then the 5k event that ivey won.
unless i am mistaken, the 5k event that ivey won was a multiple rebuy event, so that would explain why it had a bigger prizepool than the 10k omaha event
Razz on TV...i can't wait
ESPN had razz in their coverage of the 2004 WSOP. I remember Lederer talking about how much he hated it, how it frustrated him and what a bad mood it put him in. It was pretty entertaining to me - I like razz a lot.

Good Evening everyone, this is Norman Chad and Im Lon McEachern. Tonight game was a HORSE tourney but youre to stupid to understand so we've made it NL hold'em, the caddilac of poker! 1121 players started off by playing a mixture of games, once again your to stupid to understand, and are now just playing No Limit. It should be an exciting night Norm. Well, lon, no it wont. Because I understand the more complex games these TV viewers are just to stupid to grasp.talk about lame. Im sure they will at least word it better.

Does anyone know have a general idea of how they set up the structure of the HORSE or SHOE tourneys?After rummaging through my contacts, I finally found a handful of players who play other things beside NLH live, and I'm trying to set up a SHOE or HORSE home game, to go with my normal NL game.Since the players I found aren't very experienced in other games, I think a tournament style game would be best, since they probably won't be reloading too often if I made it a cash game.

According to Pollack, Harrah’s goal in creating the panel is to have a clear communications process between players in which a wide-range of issues can be aired.The panel will soon add one nonprofessional player.Negreanu is optimistic that the move will be good for the WSOP and the players who play in its events.I nominate the 2005 Neg Open TOC:DNA4ever :!:

this is really exciting, and i agree with the posters who think this will be a better testement to the best poker player, which is why it should be the Main Event, and change the current main event to the "Hold'em Championship" or something like that.

Once the number of players in the ME is as high as the buy in, then you'll see a change to at least 25k.
I think it should be 50k to enter into the main event. I mean, we are trying to crown the BEST PLAYER in the world, not just average Joe from Australia who gets the luckiest. We need to cut the amount of players from 5600 to like 700.
I think it's safe to say that a 50k H.O.R.S.E tournament would effectively crown the best overall poker player in the world, with few arguments. Unless the online rooms ran crazy numbers of satellites into the event, it's very unlikely you would get more than 200 of the absolute cream-of-the-crop pros to pony up 50k. Anyone who made the final table would do so with the knowledge that they waded through the toughest field in history to get there.
Didn't Arieh win a H.O.R.S.E. bracelet? perhaps 2002?
it wasn't Arieh: Josh Arieh Atlanta, GA[ Results | Stats | Gallery ] 19-Sep-05 $ 9,700 Championship Event - No Limit Hold'em2005 Borgata Poker Open - WPT, Atlantic City 41st $ 12,489 13-Jun-05 $ 2,000 Pot Limit Omaha36th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2005, Las Vegas 1st $ 381,600 19-Sep-04 $ 10,000 No Limit Hold'em Final Day2004 Borgata Poker Open - WPT, Atlantic City 3rd $ 286,900 22-May-04 $ 10,000 World Championship Event35th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2004, Las Vegas 3rd $ 2,500,000 11-May-04 $ 5,000 Omaha Hi-Lo Split World Championship35th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2004, Las Vegas 16th $ 5,680 23-Apr-04 $ 2,000 No-Limit Hold'em35th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2004, Las Vegas 79th $ 2,300 18-Feb-04 $ 1,500 Seven Card Stud Hi/Lo2004 L.A. Poker Classic, Los Angeles 5th $ 7,290 09-Dec-03 $ 2,500 Omaha Hi/Lo2003 Bellagio Five-Diamond World Poker Classic, Las Vegas 2nd $ 52,986 18-Oct-03 $ 4,000 No Limit Hold'em Championship Final Day - WPT2003 Ultimatebet.com Poker Classic II, Palm Beach 11th $ 12,530 04-Aug-03 $ 300 No Limit Hold'emThe Third Jack Binion Mid-America Poker Classic, Tunica 18th $ 1,500 25-Jun-03 $ 1,000 Limit Hold'emFesta al Lago, Las Vegas 5th $ 6,242 Jun-03 $ 500 Limit Hold'emSouthern Classic Poker Tournament, Robinsonville 5th $ 4,920 10-Jan-03 $ 500 Limit Hold'emThe Fourth Annual Jack Binion World Poker Open, Tunica 4th $ 19,846 22-Apr-01 $ 1,500 Omaha Hi-Lo Split Eight or Better32nd World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2001, Las Vegas 23rd $ 2,670 09-Dec-00 $ 1,000 Omaha Hi-Lo Split2000 United States Poker Championship, Atlantic City 6th $ 3,915 08-Dec-00 $ 1,000 No Limit Hold'em2000 United States Poker Championship, Atlantic City 9th $ 1,872 04-Dec-00 $ 500 Omaha Hi-Lo Split2000 United States Poker Championship, Atlantic City 5th $ 3,375 28-Apr-00 $ 1,500 Pot Limit Omaha31st World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2000, Las Vegas 2nd $ 89,700 02-Apr-00 $ 500 Limit Hold'emThe First Annual Jack Binion World Poker Open, Tunica 6th $ 5,042 05-May-99 $ 3,000 Limit Hold'em30th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 1999, Las Vegas