Well the close of 2005 is rapidly approaching so I figured before I went out I would do some housekeeping with my stats and such. All in all not a bad year for me, I cleared a decent profit for the year. So considering this is the first year that I've played poker with any kind of serious regularity as well as moved up in stakes, I'll call 2005 a good year for me. Hope everyone else here at FCP had a good year as well. Whether you had an up year or a down year, here's a sincere wish for a profitable 2006 to all (well, almost all) of my fellow FCP'ers.Happy New Years!HankPS If ya had a good year, great year, or terrible year let us know here eh?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the close of 2005 is rapidly approaching so I figured before I went out I would do some housekeeping with my stats and such. All in all not a bad year for me, I cleared a decent profit for the year. So considering this is the first year that I've played poker with any kind of serious regularity as well as moved up in stakes, I'll call 2005 a good year for me. Hope everyone else here at FCP had a good year as well. Whether you had an up year or a down year, here's a sincere wish for a profitable 2006 to all (well, almost all) of my fellow FCP'ers.Happy New Years!HankPS If ya had a good year, great year, or terrible year let us know here eh?
cheers mate. u2

Technically, I was up about $1800 this year, but took about a grand or so for a vacation for me and my daughter at the end of summer before she went back to school. I'm now back to $1200 in my bankroll, and will rebuild it to hopefully be able to play 5/10 lhe consistantly by the end of 2006.To all FCP members---Have a Happy (and profitable) New Year!

I had a good year, and an incredible December for my standards. Overall I made $4300+ playing online poker. In December alone I was able to win two MTT's and made a profit of just over $2000 for the month. Hopefully my gl will continue and I will make even more in '06. Gl to everyone in 2006, Except against me :-)

I had a good year too. I turned 18 in September, so I only have 4 months of serious play both live and online. Before it was exculsively home games. Since September I have almost doubled the $400 stake I gave myself on my birthday to start off with, so that can't be a bad thing. I look forward to an even better year in 2006. Good luck to everyone.

i made about 3k despite donking off 350 in last 2 days only playing seriously since june , considering I started with $300 bankroll playing $5 sit n gos and .05 .10 nl im satisfited with that

i made about 3k despite donking off 350 in last 2 days only playing seriously since june , considering I started with $300 bankroll playing $5 sit n gos and .05 .10 nl im satisfited with that
Nice work!

This was my first year taking online poker serious and trying to learn the game. I kept pretty much daily records on my blog (insert Jeff's DNA has a blog? comment here). Bottom line was ....In 2005 I turned $50 into $3703 and after withdrawing $1370 for various things throughout the year I am left with $2333 in cash. I plan on taking $1000 of that out for my Vegas trip this February. I feel I improved my game tremendously, I got over a dozen free books (most autographed and personalized), played poker with a lot of ‘pros’, got a free IPOD along with alot of other free poker room related stuff, funded a trip to Atlantic City, made a lot of awesome new friends. Hope everyone had a good 2005 and has an awesome 2006

Well, I had a very good 2005, with excellent MTT results, I call it skill, many call it luck, whatever you prefer.At the end of 2004, PokerStars' RNG decimated my bankroll from $900 to about $150. I moved that $150 from PokerStars to FullTilt, grew my bankroll playing Sngs, and through MTTs as well. My first big rush happened in June, when I won a $50 and took 2nd in a $100 on FullTilt, running my $1800 bankroll to around $10000. This allowed me to diversify, and move some to Party and start playing Limit HE, for a consistent profit maker. In September, I had a 5th in the Friday Special for about $9k, and then won a $100 tourney around November. Since then, I have been bleeding money, although I feel great about my +$26000 or so total for the year. To all of you railbirds, thank you guys for supporting me (even when I don't know you're out there as I found out on Party the other night). Toward the latter end of the year I may play Satellite tournaments for WPT events that allow 18 year olds to play, looking to play some big ones, and maybe get on TV.In any case, 2006 should be a great year for both me and the rest of FCP, so happy new year everybody.

I have to say I am also happy with my year in 2005, I started the year with no online bankroll, I got the 25 free from powerplayer and I have turned it into around 400, my plan for 2006 is going to be to keep doing well in university (one semister is in the books and the marks that I've gotten back so far have been really good) and to continue to grind it out and keep moving up stakes.

2005 was a great year for me.I didn't have a losing session from January through September.I started playing poker in October. I began with $50 and ballooned it up through skillful play in tourneys. Overall I was losing at the cash tables but that was because everyone else was really lucky. Toward the end of the month I went on tilt for three days and lost 20% of my bankroll, a huge amount considering the stakes I was playing at compared to my br.In November I bought my first poker book, a major step toward admitting I'm not the Jesus of poker. When I read that book I realized there's all kinds of math going on in the game which I had been more or less ignoring. In that month I also signed up at FCP and spent a good number of hours browsing the strat forums at work. I spent a lot of time learning that month and not as much time playing.December started with a nice tourney win. I followed that, and my newfound understanding of hold 'em, with a journey into other poker games. I mean, I somewhat understood one game, I must be set for all of them, right? Lost consistantly by doing that for about a week. Returned to the lhe cash tables and have been working at recovering what I lost in that one week ever since, I'm only a few dollars off now.Overall I'm up $3000 so far, I've taken nearly all of that out and invested it because I don't want to be playing higher stakes until I spend some more time learning the game. Looking forward to 2006!

2005 was a very good year for me. I ended the year about even playing online. In brick and morter I'm up just over a grand. Playing in home game tournaments I had an even better year (+1700.00). This was my first full year playing and I feel i've learned alot. Still having some trouble playing on line. I seem to do better when I can see the other players.Hope all went well for you and hope you have a great new year!!!

i only started keeping track of my deposits and cashouts when i first started posting here, so i only know how i did for the 2nd half of 2005. it has been very good to me, making 1400 at party poker, and then since i've made the switch to pokerstars, i've cashed out a profit of 1500, and still have 1200 in there for a bank roll. hope everyone else had a good year, and continues to play well!also a big thanks, because without you guys, i wouldn't be playing as well as i am.

I had a pretty interesting 2005, I'm pretty sure I lost at least a few hundred for the first half of the year up until my birthday came around in June when I turned 21. My family planned a trip for me to go to Vegas the day after my birthday, since I didn't have any money to gamble with except a few hundred I saved up from bussing tables, I ended up selling my brand new car stereo system, Pioneer CD player, 2 12" subs, and a 1000 watt amp all for $500. All for a dream to make a killing playing pokerI ended up playing in a $50 tournament over at the StarDust and to my suprise, I ended up going into the final 3 with over half of the tables chips, but like the dumb nice guy that I am, I chopped it with the other 2 and cashed out $700. That made my whole Vegas Trip right thereWhen I got back home, I put $150 into my online bankroll and had 16 straight winning sessions playing $50NL and $100NL. I made over $1200 within 2 weeks. Since then, I have come to find FCP, which I can honestly say has helped me tremendously to become the poker player I am today. Along with PokerTracker and some new books, I am now a way better player than I was 6 months ago. THANKS FCP!Since June 2005, I am up $2,300. Lost a lot learning how to play small stakes limit and hit a dry run in september/October, but I'm doing good now in the .05/.10 nl and .10/.25 nl games over at UB, turned $200 BR into a $600 BR in less than a month.

2005 was by far my best year. For the first time ever, I won money every month (only $3 one month, but it counts), won 1 decent sized tourney live and a small, private tourney live and a consistent winner at the $20/40 live. Online, I just play smaller stakes, up to $4/8 cash games and $20-50 tourneys, and won a little, but not a great year online by my standards. I play around twice a week live and frequent short sessions online and won an overall total of $37K. I just hope I can keep it up. While I certainly consider myself a good player, I suspect that this was a bit on the plus side of variance (am I the only one to admit that?). However, my goal for this year is to improve on that, and if the trend continues, perhaps I can quit my job one day. That is my ultimate goal, but will not happen until I am sure I am ready.I wish everyone a great new year, and hope you all improve on this year's results.