dan's current blog is too excusey...

Seriously, I read it and it made it sound like he was making excuses for Hit and Running DC last night. Hit and Running at that level is really just another part of "that's poker." I don't think it requires someone explaining it in a blog, and Dan doing so kind of makes it sound like he is making excuses for not giving DC the opportunity to catch up/over take him. I know I don't think any less of Dan for quitting when he felt that DC was getting an edge (or regaining his confidence as Dan puts it), and I don't see why anyone else would. The whole idea of making money at this game is to maximize your edges while not letting the opponent maximize the others.*shrug* Guess I'm just a bit disappointed the blog was put that way. I don't think Dan really needs to explain anything to anyone about last night, and it seems a big weak that he did. :(Ray

I disagree, only because most people DON"T get that what I did was kosher. Frankly, it clearly is, but I wouldn't do that to someone I liked. I wanted to just clarify it because I DID read some negative comments about it... dude, I seriously do read this forum you know!

Does anyone else think it is hillarious the way Daniel is treating Dreamclown?I mean he is giving him a taste of his own medicine.He told Daneil he owed him nothing and Daniel has given the sameback in return x5!!! Twisted EvilI think part of his fathers personality is coming out, I remember inone blog he was talking about how you would never want to cross hisDad because he is one tough dude. Daniel's just manifest his don't crossme or else style in a more verbal rather than physical way.OK psych 101 musings are over. Wink(I posted this a few minutes ago in the right forum but am repeating it here)

I disagree, only because most people DON"T get that what I did was kosher.  Frankly, it clearly is, but I wouldn't do that to someone I liked.    I wanted to just clarify it because I DID read some negative comments about it... dude, I seriously do read this forum you know!
Damn, Dan go get some sleep.I know you read the forums. I also know you're ok with the occassional criticism. Obviously this was that and not a full on bash. :club:*shrug* Maybe because I watch it happen every day with Thomas and Shawn, I really think nothing of the hit and run concept. And I also agree that Thomas is in the same camp as you, where he normally won't ever do it to someone, but he isn't suprised in the least when it happen to him, because that's just how it goes at those levels. Shawn, probably as well, I just don't know 100% because I never talked to him about it.It may just be a perception thing. I just was really suprised to see the blog come out like that, because I actually watched both matches last night, and I didn't think a thing of it when you sat out. Probably just me. :/RayP.S. Digital Monkey - You're right, I should have posted it in the blog forum. My bad.P.P.S. Dude, excusey just rolls off the tongue... Excusey Excusey Excusey....:D

I don't really see how playing a couple almost 2 hour sessions could be a hit and run. To me a hit and run is when some jackass comes and sits...plays a few hands where he wins then takes off. That's a hit and run.Hey Daniel...I want to see you play some 7stud hi lo!

Hit and Running at that level is really just another part of "that's poker."  Ray
That's kind of the point. Daniel isn't yet acquainted with what's acceptable online. In his world, what he did to DC would be frowned upon, if not openly criticized. I don't think he's really justifying his actions to you or the forum, he's justifying them to himself. For the record, I think he's handling it perfectly. Dreamclown gave him all the justification he needed by being a jackass and not playing him until he rebought in their first encounter. Now Daniel can do whatever the hell he wants. In the end, I think DC took away the only edge he may have had over Daniel: Stamina. DC is used to 10 hour marathons online, while DN is just starting to play online seriously. This way he can get online, play his best poker for a couple hours, and then hit the road. Perfect scenario. I wonder how many losing sessions in a row it will take before DC gives up, or at least stops embarrasing himself by talking trash while getting stomped...BTW- I know there's another thread for this, DigitalMonkey. My apologies in advance!
I don't really see how playing a couple almost 2 hour sessions could be a hit and run.  To me a hit and run is when some jackass comes and sits...plays a few hands where he wins then takes off.  That's a hit and run.Hey Daniel...I want to see you play some 7stud hi lo!
Is that a challenge? Good Luck. :wink:
I wonder how many losing sessions in a row it will take before DC gives up, or at least stops embarrasing himself by talking trash while getting stomped...
Personally I'm waiting for the threads that say "You can't tell anything from only 3 sessions (or 4 depending on how you want to look at last night)! DC will still stomp Daniel!"About three months from now we'll see a thread that says "You can't tell anything from only 54 sessions! Daniel has just had a good run! Dreamclown will still smash Daniel's face, if only daniel will join his $.50/$1 HU Table!" :twisted: Ray

DN is just explaining to all of us why he is acting unusually bitter toward someone. And of course, it is justified. I wish I could get a piece of this dreamclown fool. Id rip him to pieces. Arent people not allowed to share acccounts also? Isnt it illegal to share accounts with someone?

DN is just explaining to all of us why he is acting unusually bitter toward someone. And of course, it is justified. I wish I could get a piece of this dreamclown fool. Id rip him to pieces. Arent people not allowed to share acccounts also? Isnt it illegal to share accounts with someone?
If by "illegal" you mean against the policy of online poker rooms, then yes, it is. The problem is proving it. I don't think it's an issue here.

I was reading "DN vs. DC" on 2+2 and found it funny when people were saying "Daniel should have played him longer" and "Daniel should set a time limit to play" and "it wasn't right the way Daniel left the table"....LMFAO...what DC did to DN in the first 2 matches was inexcusable and IMHO Daniel showed him ALOT more class than I would have!!To let him reload and then gain most of his losings back is waaaay more than I would have done...just to teach him a lesson I would have left when he was down $40 some thou and trying to reload...then next time setting up a timed game or some other way to figure the "correct way" to end a session!Which leads me to a question...what is the "correct" way to end a session??Obviously you don't just stop when you are close to even just so no-ones pissed off, but the point IS to take all of someone elses money...so what is the proper routine here??? Is there one??

Hey DN,I would do the same thing to this clown and not show him any respect at all, the only difference would be if i was up 40K or 50K and he reloads I would leave! Giving him very little chance to make anything back at all!It wouldn't be long for him to go broke if you went about it that way!Keep the owning him with your play and your words!

Personally I'm waiting for the threads that say "You can't tell anything from only 3 sessions (or 4 depending on how you want to look at last night)! DC will still stomp Daniel!"
**********************************************Here's a start...from 2+2ELGCC stranger Reged: 12/29/05 Posts: 7 Re: Dreamclown v Daniel Negreanu 12/30/05 02:36 AM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply dont worry we have enough $ to play these stakes. If we had only a mil we would probably not play 500-1kAlso, we do not share bankrolls, we just take 4ths of the action when it's 500-1000 and sometimes take pieces on the 3-6 game on ub.-EIf we thought we had a .5bb/hr advantage on DN we would not play him. The advantage is much much higher. Just give it some time OR THIS ONE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>prana member Reged: 05/18/05 Posts: 195 Re: Dreamclown v Daniel Negreanu 12/30/05 03:32 AM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply At first I thought I was just cheering for DC because DN always has come across to me as the stereotypical person in high school that talked as much smack as they could yet never backed it. Ex. The guys in your school that seemed gay, used that to hit on girls and cockblocked everyone else but acted like a little girl when confronted. Now this may or may not be true but it's my impression so far. I may be wrong as I have NEVER met or hung out with DN but he just seems to have an aura of shadiness around him. Regardless of whether or not DN was close to me as in being my relative or something, I am rooting for DC because of a few facts. 1. Noone other than you fellow 2+2 jedis give any credence to variance in this battle. I have lost more BB's against obviously worse players in as many hands and came back to have said roommates pay rent for multiple months. I honestly think DN is getting outplayed. 2. I give this/these guys/persons much respect for taking a few losses(actually not at all big in BB terms but huge in actual $$$ at least compared to my current budget which effects mind state) and continued to ascertain that they have an advantage. It takes steel cojones because he is not putting up a hundred or two or even a grand. These guys are confident enough to be sitting still at the table with 50,000 waiting for challengers. [/b][/i]
Personally I'm waiting for the threads that say "You can't tell anything from only 3 sessions (or 4 depending on how you want to look at last night)! DC will still stomp Daniel!"
**********************************************Here's a start...from 2+2ELGCC stranger Reged: 12/29/05 Posts: 7 Re: Dreamclown v Daniel Negreanu 12/30/05 02:36 AM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply dont worry we have enough $ to play these stakes. If we had only a mil we would probably not play 500-1kAlso, we do not share bankrolls, we just take 4ths of the action when it's 500-1000 and sometimes take pieces on the 3-6 game on ub.-EIf we thought we had a .5bb/hr advantage on DN we would not play him. The advantage is much much higher. Just give it some time [/b][/i]
I WANT TO SEE THESE CREEPS BURN!THE UTTER ARROGANCE FROM THESE WORDS."don't worry we have enough $ to play these stakes. If we had only a mil we would probably not play 500-1k""If we thought we had a .5bb/hr advantage on DN we would not play him. The advantage is much much higher. Just give it some time "I HOPE THEY LOSE EVERYTHING! :roll: :roll: :roll: :club: :x :x :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:
I disagree, only because most people DON"T get that what I did was kosher.  Frankly, it clearly is, but I wouldn't do that to someone I liked.    I wanted to just clarify it because I DID read some negative comments about it... dude, I seriously do read this forum you know!
I sooooo knew he was going to do that and the reasons why. It was planned, not a hit N run and cover up. When DN sat out the first time when he hit N run-ned him I was literally crying I was laughing so hard cause I knew exactly what he was doing. THEN he busts out the "you have no idea who you are playing psychological warfare with"NH - DN(call me a fan boy but I thought this was hilarious)

Personally, I think it's a combination of two things:1. Dreamclown getting his own tactics thrown back in his face. 2. DN playing mind games to further tilt the kid(s) into throwing his/their money away. There's no etiquette involved in online poker, DN is one of the few cases where you know exactly who you're playing against anyway. Anyone who thinks DC was treated unfairly is kidding themselves, you can't refuse to play anymore once you have a solid win booked and then cry about it when it happens to you.