official kidpoker vs. dreamclown thread

Haven't looked through all of the posts yet but wanted to say this:  Dreamclown cannot beat me unless he adjusts his approach.  His view on the game is flawed and easily exploited.  If he continues to play me he will eventually lose everything that he has.  Not being mean, just being realistic.
Thats so awesome....
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it doesn't mean they are scared.  They WILL turn the offer down...because:1.  That represents too much of their bankroll2.  It takes them out of their element so they would lose any type of edge they might have had.
Umm, you've just defined scared as far as I'm concerned. If you only play under terms that you dictate, then not only are you not confident in your abilities, you are scared.

The fact that they have named a number ($400K) at which they will pull the plug is a telling sign and a lack of realistic confidence. It's one thing to be brash on a message board, but it's entirely different to lose in back-to-back-to-back sessions. We'll see how brash they are if DN takes them for some more hockey jersey money this afternoon. I suspect a drastic change in the way DC plays this next session. After reading all the criticism, I'm thinkin we might see a little more folding. In other words, he'll play it a little closer to the vest. People know when they have been outplayed. I think DC may be in too deep now and unfortunately for a young kid, it may cost him $400,000. That's a lesson that may benefit him in the long run. Hopefully DN can teach it to him quickly.

food for thought... there is not a single "regular" player on pokerroom that  plays DC hu. (besides Vthestampede, but he plays everyone at his 50-100). This is speaking of limits of 50-100 through 500-1000)Just about EVERY "regular" player on the site is interested in playing DN.  -Eugene
Here's a little more "food for thought"...Daniel is a celebrity. Perhaps that could have an influence on people wanting to sit at a table with him? Have you considered that possibility? Despite what your "crew" might think, noone gives a damn about DreamClown or knows who he is.
No, it doesn't mean they are scared.  They WILL turn the offer down...because:1.  That represents too much of their bankroll2.  It takes them out of their element so they would lose any type of edge they might have had.
Umm, you've just defined scared as far as I'm concerned. If you only play under terms that you dictate, then not only are you not confident in your abilities, you are scared.
No, I've defined "making a smart decision". Saying they are scared is pretty stupid.
Actually, he's defined "smart," which bullies sometimes misinterpet as scared. It's like when the 200lb toned bully pulls a knife and asks you if you're scared to fight when you're a 100lb guy with no weapon. Not fighting there is smart, not scared.You're mixing up emotion with logical response.Ray
Hey Ray...1. great minds think alike2. just made my first post on your site...i guess it's keller's site, but you know what i mean.  nice work.
You mean you weren't the "guest" account posting a bunch of threads abotu how "keller's girlfriend is ugly!"? :PThanks tho, not to just get a loyal group there and get them going. The site has a lot of promise, it just needs a push. :)Ray
Hey Ray...1. great minds think alike2. just made my first post on your site...i guess it's keller's site, but you know what i mean.  nice work.
You mean you weren't the "guest" account posting a bunch of threads abotu how "keller's girlfriend is ugly!"? :PThanks tho, not to just get a loyal group there and get them going. The site has a lot of promise, it just needs a push. :)Ray
oh yeah, I did check out the site. It looks great. Looks like a lot of hard work went into that so good luck with it.

Good job daniel! I was watching for like the first 30 minutes and it was around even and then I had to leave. It felt like leaving a pro sports game as it began and I was wondering the whole time what would happen. Fortunately I came on and see you blog =) GJ!

OK first postI have watched this whole dn vs dc thing the past week and find it entertaining....tosay the leastI like Dn alot but i am not about to wave his flag at every HU session he hasas i am sure there will be more to come. I watched Dn play w-x-a and tinfoilhat and i wasnt sure if he was outplayed orif the deck was slappin him....maybe a little bit of bothAfter tonight performance there is know doubt that Dn outplayed DcBoth players got their fair share of cards IMO... Dn had the experience to adjustto the Dc whereas the Dc did not.Yes the Dc slowed down with his hyper aggression once he had to re-loadbut i dont think that was a tactical strategy but a mere scared tactic or perhaps i should say he was in a postion of having to be defensive.....which goes againsthis style of attack ...attack...attack... and he allowed Dn to dictate the flow ofthe game. I think with Dc, who is probably not used to being down 40 - 50BB(just an assumption on my part) got out of his comfort zone and thatwas a lack of experienceWhat impressed me the most tonight was how Dn adapted to the game andhe showed up with his A game...which may have been lacking against w-x-aagain Im speculating as w-x-a was getting slapped in the face with cards.I was also impressed by the way Dc did manage to compose himself from being100 BB or more down and regain his focus....for anyone not in this postion very easyto self destruct. I give kudos to the Dc ...he seems to have a bucketful of talentbut also seems to need a bucketful of humility....which i hope he got tonight.Dc u were outplayed no 2 ways about it. Accept the humble pieI have to say that all this dick waving that goes on between FCP and NWPis silly...lets face it Dn was 22 once and im sure he thought he was goingto break any tom dick and harry who played poker....and im sure Dn would be the firstto acknowledge that at 22 years old raw talent just isnt enough....and if i was 22 yearsold with the talent of Dn or Dc......well i wouldnt be writing this stupid blog...peaceedit x-w-a
Excellent first post
I find it funny that Neverwin has already said that DN has a big edge over DC yet the NWP donks still aren't willing to believe it.Will be interesting to watch the heads up today either way.
I agree, but you have to take it with a grain of salt. He doesn't like DC and thinks he can tilt him by talking trash. I wouldn't trust everything you read from NW.
I find it funny that Neverwin has already said that DN has a big edge over DC yet the NWP donks still aren't willing to believe it.Will be interesting to watch the heads up today either way.
I agree, but you have to take it with a grain of salt. He doesn't like DC and thinks he can tilt him by talking trash. I wouldn't trust everything you read from NW.
I think the fact that DC tilts easily (either by trash talking or by going on a bad run) is pretty evident. I think he got extremely wreckless at times last night that put him down nearly 100k. He was able to pull it together at the end there to only end down 67k, but he was definitely a train wreck for a number of hands.I love the analogy between DC and Beal. I actually thought the way DC was playing was a fairly decent reenactment of how Beal played the pros. I've never really seen that strategy in work, so it was interesting to see. The absolute and complete lack of preflop folding by DC also amazes me.Meh, looking forward to plenty of sessions in the future.

Actually, DC was down over 100k 3 or 4 times. One time he came back to only be down around 35k. Pretty impressive comeback but then DN steamrolled him again. He caught some hands at the end to only lose 67k. Could've been much, much worse as he spent most of the session in the -85k or more range.

strange how no one mentioned the 54k win he had at 500-1k a half an hour after the DN match, busting out a much better player, basselem (or some simmilar spelling)and don't quote me directly on the AT LEAST 400k thing. I said that number to show that we're not quitting anytime soon, not to show where we draw a distinct line and stop playing him. -E

strange how no one mentioned the 54k win he had at 500-1k a half an hour after the DN match, busting out a much better player, basselem (or some simmilar spelling)
im gonna guess that may have something to do with the fact this is a DN forum and not a basselealalleleemwhateverhisnameis forum

Well done DN!! Way to take down them kids pants and whip their bottoms it was funny... Maybe next time you can whoop em bad enough they have to go back to mom and dad and get more money. Keep up the good work. have fun and gl

SO let me get this all straight, DC crushes DN in their first 2 encounters, gets crushed by xwa, gets crushed by myself, and had not had a single meaningful profitable session until last night, now after 1 winning session hes goes from being extremely humble to saying he will bust DC. DN is not that solid, YET, being the key word at hu online, if he had more money when I played I easily wouldve rolled him 100bb but he ran out of cash

one more thing, DN says all these internet players are like a legion of andy beals....correct me if im wrong but didnt he mow through all but a few of the very top pros without a problem

sorry dont keep up with my forum lingo, cant beleive i didnt know what a troll bot is. And these have been first threads in this forum, I usually just read them since Daniel joined the pokerroom network since thats my stomping grounds
You are a very good player IMO rez. You would be a significant favorite over Dreamclown IMO. I think we played twice and are about even, correct me if I'm wrong?
umm rez won't play me. keep dancing though, DN