i just did dumbest thing in the world....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I have actually never broken anything. I got that form of tilt out of my system before I started playing poker.I am a family legend for the number of TV remotes I have broken from watching Dolphins/Hurricanes football. 4 remotes broken in all. Plus I once broke my sister's car stereo when the Dolphins blew a game to the Patriots. Now I count to ten and then hurl the remote at pillows or something soft. (If you dont want to break your TV remote, dont throw it at a wall....word to the wise)

footloose2.JPGWhen I'm on tilt, I like to drive to an abandoned warehouse, crank up the cassette player on my VW Bug, and dance until I drop.   :club:  :D  :D  :D
i do this when i win a monster session, when i'm on tilt I do like Allinbluff.and punch hard surfaces
I knew that playing with such donks as 'theredpill99' and 'heel' I would definately take some horrible beats...in an attempt to save my monitor, my cats etc...i bought a tazer gun...what I do is simply play poker naked and when I feel the urge to tilt after losing with top boat to runner,runner to make quads..i attach the unit to my fruit basket and...ZAP...no further urge to tilt...after the 10 minute recovery period, I'm as good as new...aside from the burning sensation...is this wrong?See everyone tomorrow at the HardRock!!
My computer got disconnected in the middle of a hand. I went to quickly secure the cable which failed miserably. Then I went back around to my laptop and punched the screen. I destroyed my LCD monitor, its totally gone,broken into a million pieces, and now im typing on a different monitor. So beware when tilting , do not hit your LCD screen with a hard punch or it will be beyond destroyed......Any of you guys break anything on tilt, I'm such an idiot...
Ha, I did that twice back in the day when I first started playing online. After you play enough, you get numb to the bad beats and take it more in stride.That was also long before I read 'Zen and the Art of Poker' by Larry Phillips though as well. Great book for learning to control your emotions at the table.Patrick
My computer got disconnected in the middle of a hand. I went to quickly secure the cable which failed miserably. Then I went back around to my laptop and punched the screen. I destroyed my LCD monitor, its totally gone,broken into a million pieces, and now im typing on a different monitor. So beware when tilting , do not hit your LCD screen with a hard punch or it will be beyond destroyed......Any of you guys break anything on tilt, I'm such an idiot...
Ha, I did that twice back in the day when I first started playing online. After you play enough, you get numb to the bad beats and take it more in stride.That was also long before I read 'Zen and the Art of Poker' by Larry Phillips though as well. Great book for learning to control your emotions at the table.Patrick
You and your useful, content filled posts. You make me sick.Seriously though, I have semi-read that book, a very good read and very underappreciated. Good luck finding it though-only time I ever saw it was at a friend's house, where I read it during a homegame that I was the first one out of thanks to a 3 outer (should make sense as to why he got me his copy of the book :-)).
You and your useful, content filled posts. You make me sick.Seriously though, I have semi-read that book, a very good read and very underappreciated. Good luck finding it though-only time I ever saw it was at a friend's house, where I read it during a homegame that I was the first one out of thanks to a 3 outer (should make sense as to why he got me his copy of the book :-)).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/045228126...glance&n=283155Ha, I admit, I'm a Larry Phillips shill. He used to post a lot on RGP, but rarely does now. What a surprise, huh?And for the record, I never hit my laptop screen. I didn't want it near me anymore, so I 'pushed' it away. For some odd reason, it just happened to break...both times. I blame faulty manufacturing. :-)Patrick
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/045228126...ce&n=283155Ha, I admit, I'm a Larry Phillips shill.  He used to post a lot on RGP, but rarely does now.  What a surprise, huh?And for the record, I never hit my laptop screen.  I didn't want it near me anymore, so I 'pushed' it away.  For some odd reason, it just happened to break...both times.  I blame faulty manufacturing.  :-)Patrick
So is you pushing you laptop away from you the equivalent of Matusow not throwing his laptop in the pool, but taking it over and placing it in? :-)And thanks for the link, will definitely order my own copy of it (sorta something I had been meaning to do, but hadn't gotten around to).

I just listen to rap, that always soothes the soul.Akon and Young Jeezy...Tryin to take it easy..Act like your better than everyone else, you can stack paper and you always ball outrageous....ok i've got nothing. p.s. i think rap is retarded. Sounds good sometimes, but retarded all the same.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/045228126...ce&n=283155Ha, I admit, I'm a Larry Phillips shill.  He used to post a lot on RGP, but rarely does now.  What a surprise, huh?And for the record, I never hit my laptop screen.  I didn't want it near me anymore, so I 'pushed' it away.  For some odd reason, it just happened to break...both times.  I blame faulty manufacturing.  :-)Patrick
So is you pushing you laptop away from you the equivalent of Matusow not throwing his laptop in the pool, but taking it over and placing it in? :-)
Exactly. :-)I never read his other book, The Tao of Poker, but I've heard some good things about it. As someone that studies Buddhism (I wouldn't considered myself a Buddhist however), I'm obviously a bit partial to these sort of books.I'm also a bit interested to read 'Tournament Poker & The Art Of War ' by David Apostolico. It applies Sun Tsu's 'The Art of War' to poker tournaments, which is something I already did in a fashion, but I obviously haven't written a book on the subject.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/081840647...glance&n=283155Patrick
I stopped tilting entirely.  I actually stopped being angry at poker entirely.  The cards are the cards, they come and go.  They'll balance out, when you need them.  Just the way it goes.  Start meditating, it helps.  I know what you're thinking,"Meditate?  Why don't you go smoke another doobie, hippie!?".  A month ago, I wouldve said the same thing to me, but it really does help.  p.s.  I had this realization after punching a few walls.
Me too. I still tilt once every few months, but hardly as much as I used to. I was a chronic-tilter and meditation has serioulsy helped my game and my bankroll.

The worst thing that happened to me was pretty much curling into the fetal position and crying like a little girl.This was after loosing 900 bucks with quad kings to quad aces

The worst thing that happened to me was pretty much curling into the fetal position and crying like a little girl.This was after loosing 900 bucks with quad kings to quad aces

This isn't the dumbest thing in the world,THIS is the dumbest thing in the world.http://ap.grolier.com/cgi-bin-unauth/dated...assettype=0tdnp
I do wish you'd keep YOUR political opinions to yourself. This is not the venue.

Well you guys are in for a special treat. Once my friend gets here with new digital camera battery I will post a picture of my pansie laptop that couldn't take a strong right to the lcd.

I was writing an essay on my old laptop a few months ago when I decided I had enough and went for a few beers. I placed the laptop on the floor beside my couch and went to the local.I came home hours later and forgot that the bloddy thing was on the floor. Of course I steped on the bloody thing and broke it into two halfs of a Dell note book.Not only was the laptop gone, but so was a 15 page essay due in two days.

Sleep it off.Go to the pet store tomorrow and pet the bunnies.Get back into the game in a few days.
Hahaha. ROFL, literally I am on the floor. I seen a bunch of ur posts Smiddywap and they are freakin funny man. Keep posting.
Start meditating' date=' it helps. I know what you're thinking,"Meditate? Why don't you go smoke another doobie, hippie!?". A month ago, I wouldve said the same thing to me, but it really does help.quote']Actually.... I was getting a vision of Ghandi playing poker. You should change your avatar to a bald Indian dude......
Sleep it off.Go to the pet store tomorrow and pet the bunnies.Get back into the game in a few days.
Hahaha. ROFL, literally I am on the floor. I seen a bunch of ur posts Smiddywap and they are freakin funny man. Keep posting.
Next time I tilt I want to read one of Smiddys posts. Too funny.