phil ivey in the wsop m.e.

im sure you all saw phil ivey bust out of the wsop me. he moved in dark. is it just me or did he completely blow up??? did the blinds make it neccesary for him to make a move like that??? what was the deal with that hand. i have no idea what he was thinking.[/size]

im sure you all saw phil ivey bust out of the wsop me. he moved in dark. is it just me or did he completely blow up??? did the blinds make it neccesary for him to make a move like that??? what was the deal with that hand. i have no idea what he was thinking.[/size]
They showed he had Jacks. Not sure what your talking about. It was a legitimate hand and he was shortstacked

They showed he had Jacks. Not sure what your talking about. It was a legitimate hand and he was shortstackedpre-flop they indicated that they did not see his cards which almost always means that the player didnt look. and also im pretty sure they said somehting about him moving in blind. also when he turned over jacks he kind of laughed like he was surprised to see a good hand

They showed he had Jacks. Not sure what your talking about. It was a legitimate hand and he was shortstackedpre-flop they indicated that they did not see his cards which almost always means that the player didnt look. and also im pretty sure they said somehting about him moving in blind. also when he turned over jacks he kind of laughed like he was surprised to see a good hand
I think the laugh was that he was dominated by kanters kings, not that he had a legit hand. Kanter had raised preflop, Im pretty sure Ivey isnt moving in dark there with under 30 players to go in the WSOP main event with 7.5 million for first.
ESPN misses the cards a lot, the fact that ESPN didn't know what his hand was preflop is hardly evidence that he moved in blind. Although Paul Phillips told a good story (I think it was on his website) about a tourney where Ivey was just running over the table (short-handed), raising every hand. After they folded, he kept looking at his cards before throwing them in the muck. Paul asked him why he kept looking at them after everyone folded, and he answered, "To see what the other one was."
LOL, you really think Phil Ivey was moving in blind with that much at stake in the WSOP main event. Come on, think before you make retarded posts like this. They don't always see the hole cards, but that doesnt' mean teh players dont see them.
I hope you dont play poker for real money
ya phil ivey completely blew up there. He tends to play worse the higher the stakes become... he's got a streak of donkey in him.
this statement was already laughable before this week but after Ivey's TWO wins in Monte Carlo, it's downright idiotic.
ya phil ivey completely blew up there. He tends to play worse the higher the stakes become... he's got a streak of donkey in him.
this statement was already laughable before this week but after Ivey's TWO wins in Monte Carlo, it's downright idiotic.
Here, let me do it for him.SW
You sir, are a complete retard. I do not feel bad in any way for saying that either. The fact that you could not detect any of the sarcasm ooooooozing out of that statement shows this to be true.

I think Ivey just had a momentary lapse of judgement. I did some digging on cardplayer and here are my findings.Here are the chip counts 10 hands before he goes out. Blinds are at 30,000/60,000, so he is obviously not in danger of being eliminated whatsoever.Date / Time: 2005-07-14 18:33:00 Player Amount Table Seat 1. Mike Matusow $7,050,000 117 1 Steve Dannenmann $6,000,000 118 1 Joseph Hachem $5,500,000 118 7 Tex Barch $5,500,000 129 4 5. Aaron Kanter $4,150,000 118 3 Andrew Black $4,000,000 118 8 Minh Ly $3,200,000 129 9 8. Phil Ivey $2,900,000 118 5Daniel Bergsdorf $2,400,000 129 6 10. Scott Lazar $2,300,000 118 9 Conor Tate $2,100,000 117 7 Shawn Sheikhan $1,900,000 117 3 Michael Kessler $1,500,000 117 2 Oskar Silow $1,100,000 129 7 Ayhan Alsancak $1,080,000 118 4 Bernard Lee $980,000 117 5 Tiffany Williamsen $850,000 117 8 Bryant King $800,000 129 5 Brad Kondracki $750,000 117 9 John McGrane $750,000 129 1 Johnny Howard $310,000 117 4 Then 10 hands later, cardplayer explains everyone in detail, Phil Ivey is eliminated. During this strech Phil Ivey actually wins 2 smaller pots. The only thing I can think of is that Ivey actually thought his 2 Jacks were ahead in the hand, or maybe that he wanted to race. It sounds crazy, and was in my opinion, but Phil Ivey had a brain fart, and DONKED HIS CHIPS OFF. I say this looking at the chip standings. If you'll notice, 8 of the Top 10 made it to the Final Table! Phil Ivey just screwed up big time, therei s just no other way to put it. I like Ivey a lot, and he is one of my favorite players, but the facts speak the painstaking truth here unfortunately.Hers the hand according to Cardplayer.com (Not a very good description of it, I might add.)Hand 59 - Ayhan Alsancak has the button in seat 5, and it looks like Kanter limps, Alsancak raises, Ivey calls, and the action after that is unclear. Before you know it Kanter and Ivey are both all in, with pocket kings (Kc-Ks) for Kanter, and pocket jacks (Jd-Jc) for Ivey. Ivey is the shorter stack, and needs to improve to stay alive in this tournament. The flop comes Kd-8d-4h, and Kanter takes a huge lead with a set of kings. Ivey needs to catch running jacks or running diamonds to stay alive. The turn card is the 10d, and Ivey can win with any diamond. The river card is the 3h, and Phil Ivey is eliminated in 20th place, earning $304,680.

Ivey's probably looking for a race against AK, AQ, AJs etc. or believes his jacks are a favourite. He's not looking to make it to the final table, he's looking to win the whole thing.

This move is horrendous, don't try to defend it. Race when your in 8th place. If you rad all of hands chip leaders don't race for pots. They just take them when have great hands. They have every hand off of his table.As you should notice a preflop race will not occur here with a chip leader because he doesn't have to race to continue and thrive.