just read theory of poker (lc)

HOLY SH.T!I have about 5-6 previous books ranging from very good to meh.but after reading this book i can say that the phrase on the front of it is exactly right: " a proffesional poker player teaches you how to think like one" (or something like that)I've only read it once but i noticed an immediate difference to my game (mostly limit omaha high and limit hold em)If SSHE is gold then TOP is asian pus.sy (yea its that good)

HOLY SH.T!I have about 5-6 previous books ranging from very good to meh.but after reading this book i can say that the phrase on the front of it is exactly right: " a proffesional poker player teaches you how to think like one" (or something like that)I've only read it once but i noticed an immediate difference to my game (mostly limit omaha high and limit hold em)If SSHE is gold then TOP is asian pus.sy (yea its that good)
Haven't read it yet, but based on the analogy, I'm heading to Amazon right now.

It was the first poker book I read as well. I thought I understood the concepts, but after re-reading it 6 months later I found so many new things I didn't catch the first time. 4 years later I still read it every few months and I think its the greatest poker book ever written.

Also, my first book on poker. And, I totally agree that it must be re-read to understand the concepts presented. First time I read it I breezed through the book. It was my second and third reading that added tremendously to my game. I think it is time to re-read it again. Finally, there must be a good reason it has gone through 4 editions and 6 printings, and Fossilman said "I would not have the 2004 World Championship bracelet on my wrist."Fullhouse7

OK, I must admit I am a poker book junkie, and I have pick this book up a time or two while in the book store, but haven't really read anything in it, just a quick flip through, but there is always another book I buy for whatever reason.For those of you that have talked about how this book changed your game for the good, if I may ask, in what way?So far both of Harringtons book have changed/helped my game more than any other book, so would this game have the same type of effect?

Theory of Poker, unlike most books on the market now, is not a book that deals with only one poker game such as holdem or omaha.The book discusses general theories using examples from different games to illustrate.The overall theme of the book is that the principles outlined within can be applied to any poker game (within reason). It helps you to "think like a poker player" without restricting you to a skill subset that only applies to one game.Hope that makes sense. I'm currently reading the book now. It is not an easy read and definitely not for beginners.

Theory of Poker, unlike most books on the market now, is not a book that deals with only one poker game such as holdem or omaha.The book discusses general theories using examples from different games to illustrate.The overall theme of the book is that the principles outlined within can be applied to any poker game (within reason).  It helps you to "think like a poker player" without restricting you to a skill subset that only applies to one game.Hope that makes sense.  I'm currently reading the book now.  It is not an easy read and definitely not for beginners.
Thanks KK, when you get done would be interested in knowing a thing or two that you picked up from the book.
TOP is a great book period.Not just a great poker book.Wish 2+2 didn't publish everything with ass-ugly covers and big print.
Can you give some insight as to what you liked about it, or what ways it helped your game?

I'm actually in the middle of ToP and SS. Reading both at the same time. I'll have to re-read ToP a couple of times to understand, comprehend it and put in terminology best suited to me. other than that, Both, IMO, are great books.

• 4 weeks later...
TOP is a great book period.Not just a great poker book.Wish 2+2 didn't publish everything with ass-ugly covers and big print.
Can you give some insight as to what you liked about it, or what ways it helped your game?
What's the fun in asking everybody about the secrets? READ IT! You'll enjoy it. I thought you were a poker book junkie? Gives you a new perspective on things. Overall a must read. Not saying anything else.

top is a book you can own for 20 years and read it once a year and get something new out of it !!!it gives you the power to think as a player should !!!!but let me say its not an easy read , this book will put you to sleep real quick !!!!