gordon leaving celebrity poker

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiffany Williamson
ROTFLMFAO"Allright, and over to Anna Nicole Smith who has K :club: J :D, and...SHE FOLDS!?!? What an unorthodox play! I can't believe she lays down a hand that good for only 3 raises! These celebrities just don't know how to play the game!"
Seriously, they should just dump the show, and burn all copies of the tapes they have. It sucks.
Ya know, I'm finding Celebrity Poker harder and harder to watch as time goes by, but I have to admit that I learned a lot from watching it. The tips that Phil Gordon gives are priceless if you actually sit down and follow them. I'd say Celebrity poker has made me a much better SnG and shorthanded NL player than I was when I first started watching it, so it's not all bad.

I agree, sometimes it is really hard to watch the show. I am yelling at the TV... RAISE, FOLD, CHECK, ALL IN and they never seem to listed to me.But the cool thing is is that Phil Gordon is saying the same thing. I love watching him pierce his lips together and shake his head. You know he wants to say so much. There is a game that I play every few weeks. It is all beginners. They play like Celebrity Poker. They talk about how the players on the show are so good. I LOVE THAT GAME! Last time, I bought in for $40 and cashed out 2 and a half hours later with $211. I hope the quote is taken out of context... like maybe that will be his saddest day. Phil Gordon is well spoken and has a great TV persona. He seems approachable, which is what you need for a show with all beginners. If Phil does leave, you will need someone who is comedic and knowledgable at the same time. I think Daniel Negreanu would be the best choice even though the Canadian jokes would go away. Someone mentioned Phil Laak and though he is funny, he is not comedic. His jokes are physical antics and as a host, he was just OK in the Hollywood Home game.Mike Matusow has been growing on me lately (was it that dream... umm... :roll: ) but he is self-deprecation character which is the opposite of what a poker host should be. A good poker host will show and talk about the importance of confidence at that table.