how big is your bankroll

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

combined live and online br is about 10.5k right now. I will always hold a place in my heart for instant bankroll, without it I would have about 2k instead (only live games).
Explain about the instant bankroll, and what happened..........
16k, all big buy in MTT's
That's interesting. How much did you start with? Did you hit a major score. Talk about this a little bit. I think it might be educational. At least I'm interested.
me too :club:
Well, my story is more of a what not to do than a what to do but I'll tell it anyway. When i started with 100 dollars I had no clue about br management or anything of the like. I played a ten dollar MTT with a 100 dollar bankroll :roll: which i won for 700. Then i continued to play 10 and 20 dollar buyin MTT's with the 700. I had like 4 final tables in a week and my br was soon at 4000. Some cashes here and there, nothing big, but then I satelited into a 100 dollar MTT which I got third in for about 5000. So now the br is sitting at 9k and I played the super thursday on Partypoker which is a 150 dollar buy in MTT. Long story short after like 6-7 hours of play i got 5th for about 7k and here I am now. I'm in a big slump and am not even playing good poker anymore but at least I have a decent br to try to get back on track.
I like that story. I don't find it to be a cautionary tale at all. If $100 is going to make or break you, maybe it would be. But you took a pretty small investment, and turned it into something quite respectable. Nice job.
combined live and online br is about 10.5k right now. I will always hold a place in my heart for instant bankroll, without it I would have about 2k instead (only live games).
instantbankroll.com, they are apart of pokersourceonline. All you do is sign up a brand new account on Party. You cannot have a pre existing account though. After a few days they will send you a confirmation email with a phone number to call. During the phone call the person you are talking to will deposit $75 into your acccount. After you play 500 raked hands they will give you a bonus $25. After the 500 raked hands you can w/d the $$ as well.I did it about amoth ago and have tripled it playing $5+1 30 ppl sngs. There are MANY others who have done this promo and turned it into thousands. The only drawback is you cannot have an opened account which you have deposited money into at Party, and they only allow 100 new accounts per day, but I hear this isnt too big a problem anymore. I signed up shortly after midnight though to circumvent this.
instantbankroll.com, they are apart of pokersourceonline. All you do is sign up a brand new account on Party. You cannot have a pre existing account though. After a few days they will send you a confirmation email with a phone number to call. During the phone call the person you are talking to will deposit $75 into your acccount. After you play 500 raked hands they will give you a bonus $25. After the 500 raked hands you can w/d the $$ as well.I did it about amoth ago and have tripled it playing $5+1 30 ppl sngs. There are MANY others who have done this promo and turned it into thousands. The only drawback is you cannot have an opened account which you have deposited money into at Party, and they only allow 100 new accounts per day, but I hear this isnt too big a problem anymore. I signed up shortly after midnight though to circumvent this.
I figured that's what it was. Thanks. I don't qualify, but I'm glad that others have had success.
currently 10.5kalthough before this weekend it was a few thousand higher.
go donk some more away on pacific.
i am; you can find me at a 15/30 limit table right now raising under the gun with 78off.right now you can find that, well now i have kings and i'm gonna get paid but then i had 78 off. on the upside i am getting so much action it's silly. granted i an gonna have to kill the guy who just sucked out on my aces with k8 when he seemed to think 8 high flop deserved 3 way cap.ah, cest la vie

I seem to flow with Daniel's ebb and tide. When he's winning (2004 WSOP, and 2 WPT titles) I'm on fire and had it up to 8,000, playing $100+ buy-in mtt's only, live only. (ok, except for the 3 0r 4-hun I keep on PP for s & g's)But Daniel starts busting out early in every tourney (except the full tilt on fsn) and thats where I go......down to less than $1,000.Daniel, please get your tourney game back on, even though you hate all those $1000 nlhe wsop's.

-$250...just trying to come up with the software to change the minus to a plus sign..j/k, of course...I'm spread pretty thin with about $100 on 4 different sites...probably not the best idea, but still clearing some bonuses...mjgrinder - haven't seen you on FTP lately...do you still play there?

BR = ~$250 i got $10 free from royal vegas in june and have been slowly workin my way up.i play $5.50 and $11 SNGs, and .50/1 LHE.im about to begin a bonus whoring spree so hopefully it will pop up.

I have about $2k right now playing live or online $3/$6, sometimes I'll take a stab at $4/$8 if the game is juicy enough to warrant playing above my roll.I'm pretty good about bankroll management. I never use money out of it to buy food, drinks, or gas for poker related expenses. If I do I replace it immediately. I do buy poker books with the money but I look at those as investments which will reap there own rewards with time.

-$250...just trying to come up with the software to change the minus to a plus sign..j/k, of course...I'm spread pretty thin with about $100 on 4 different sites...probably not the best idea, but still clearing some bonuses...mjgrinder - haven't seen you on FTP lately...do you still play there?
on hiatus with my basketball season starting, will only be playing saturday and sunday tournies if i'm lucky. doesn't matter cause I haven't cashed in years

Well, right now I've got $1600 in my PartyPoker account, but I've cashed out $1300 in the last week.I was losing until about three weeks ago when I decided to deposit $50 and try again. I can't stop playing over my head, so I've already moved up to playing $100 S+G and $400 NL in that time period. I even made some money playing $600 NL, but I decided that was too far over my head, so as of last night I'm done with that.I don't agree with whoever said that a world-class player would definitely lose all their money if they like to buy in for around 20% of their roll. I mean sure, they easily could, doing nothing wrong at all, but they could just as easily get a little luck, and keep going up, up, up.I think I just need to set myself stronger guidelines about when I can move up and take shots at bigger games. From now on, I'm not playing any S+Gs over $100 buy in or any cash games over NL $400 until I get my bankroll to at least $6000, and cashout another $3000.

Well, right now I've got $1600 in my PartyPoker account, but I've cashed out $1300 in the last week.I was losing until about three weeks ago when I decided to deposit $50 and try again. I can't stop playing over my head, so I've already moved up to playing $100 S+G and $400 NL in that time period. I even made some money playing $600 NL, but I decided that was too far over my head, so as of last night I'm done with that.I don't agree with whoever said that a world-class player would definitely lose all their money if they like to buy in for around 20% of their roll. I mean sure, they easily could, doing nothing wrong at all, but they could just as easily get a little luck, and keep going up, up, up.I think I just need to set myself stronger guidelines about when I can move up and take shots at bigger games. From now on, I'm not playing any S+Gs over $100 buy in or any cash games over NL $400 until I get my bankroll to at least $6000, and cashout another $3000.
A player certainly may not go broke playing above their bankroll, but they will go broke consistently playing above it.for instance, you could start with $100 and play $20 SNGs and if you went on a good run might get it up to $300 or 400 before you went broke. If you continued to play $20 you might not ever go broke (assuming winning play). But if you continued to increase your buy-ins and always bought in with 20% of your stack, you will eventually go on a bad run and go broke.Daniel

All right, that's fair enough. I was actually planning on setting myself strict guidelines when I restarted, trying to keep myself at least 200 big bets for limit games, and at least 800 big blinds for no limit games, and cashing out half of my winnings whenever I moved up a level.I did it for a while, but pretty soon I just kind of let loose. I tell myself I'll just "try" a higher limit game and play a few rounds of blinds, and then I end up putting in a five hour session. I don't really like to move down levels when I'm winning, so I'll stay where I'm at for now, but I'm definitely not going to move up for a while right now.Out of curiosity, (assuming winning play), what kid of bankroll do you think you need for NL cash games and S+Gs? I've seen plenty of suggestions for limit play, but not as much for those two. For the record, I've been cashing over 50% on my S+Gs, and getting more firsts than seconds or thirds over the last few weeks. Also, my NL style is pretty erratic, as I like to steal a lot of pots and build up a loose image with the hope of making a big score and doubling up at least once a session.

So I asked a buddy this question and his response, which I think is genius, "If you have to ask, yours needs to be bigger." I just chuckled and walked away, as I stake most games he plays in anyways, but I though the answer was Golden.JEFF