daniel, and other pros here--please read this

Looking for feedback from the Man himself, and I know you don't enjoy strategy/play questions in your e-mail. Here goes:8 handed table. I wake up with QJ diamonds in BB. UTG is shortstacked and goes all in pre-flop for a total of 325 (blinds were 150-300).folds around to the button who smooth calls, SB calls, and I call (25 more to see the flop). Flop comes: 10d 8s Jc Gives me top pair, decent kicker. Button checks, SB checks, I check Turn: Ad on 2nd nut flush draw now. button fires out 300, SB calls, I call...all side pot now. River: Kd I make the royal (holy sh!t). SB check, I check, button fires out 300. SB folds, I re-raise another 400....he called. My question: KNOWING I had the nuts, was 400 too small of a value bet re-raise? How much would you have pushed into the middle in order to get paid off? I've been kicking myself since the play, thinking I could have gotten more from him. I also posted this in "tournament play" forum for others to provide input.ThanksMS

8 handed table. I wake up with QJ diamonds in BB.
I used to use this term, but now I only associate it with donks and bad beat stories. And now it pisses me off whenever I hear it.That is all
8 handed table. I wake up with QJ diamonds in BB.
I used to use this term, but now I only associate it with donks and bad beat stories. And now it censored me off whenever I hear it.That is all
Yeah, I'm about sick of waking up to hands like QJs. I wake up to AA, I can play QJs only moderately awake.Reraise was fine, with a player all in already, too big a reraise will scare the button off quickly.
Looking for feedback from the Man himself' date=' and I know you don't enjoy strategy/play questions in your e-mail. Here goes:8 handed table. [b']I wake up with QJ diamonds in BB.[/b] I love when people "wake up" with a hand. Where the hell have you been the past hour and a half? Ahhhh..therein lies the problem, grasshoppa.No disrespect to the OP, that has just always tickled me.
Looking for feedback from the Man himself, and I know you don't enjoy strategy/play questions in your e-mail, so I decided to be an asshole anyways and post it in the forum because I am an attention whore. Here goes:8 handed table. I wake up with QJ diamonds in BB. UTG is shortstacked and goes all in pre-flop for a total of 325 (blinds were 150-300).folds around to the button who smooth calls, SB calls, and I call (25 more to see the flop). Flop comes: 10d 8s Jc Gives me top pair, decent kicker. Button checks, SB checks, I check Turn: Ad on 2nd nut flush draw now. button fires out 300, SB calls, I call...all side pot now. River: Kd I make the royal (holy sh!t). SB check, I check, button fires out 300. SB folds, I re-raise another 400....he called. My question: KNOWING I had the nuts, was 400 too small of a value bet re-raise? How much would you have pushed into the middle in order to get paid off? I've been kicking myself since the play, thinking I could have gotten more from him. I also posted this in "tournament play" forum for others to provide input.ThanksMS
First, FYP.Second. Don't double post.Third. Why not bet the flop?Fourth. Yes it was too small. Fifth, I find it a crying shame that I can not drink beer at work.I know there's a lot of new guys here now, but some of this is very standard Net Etiquette. Don't double post. Don't post in the wrong forum. If someone doesn't want to respond to your question in mail, they are unlikely to want to respond to it in a public forums. Can I propose we create a new real newbie faq? Ray

The term "woke up w/ insert good hand" is used usually to refer to an opponent's hand in the blinds and usually when you are ona steal or forced to push. It sounds stupid when you use it to refer to your own hand.p.s. OP consider yourself lucky, I expected alot more flaming w/ this post.

1. Not betting on the flop was a mistake2. After the Turn, you were not on the 2nd nut flush draw, anyone with K anything :club: was on the 2nd nut draw3. I wish the button would have checked your check on the end...priceless to see you face when you check the royal only to not have anyone bet.

Appreciate all the flaming--you guys are priceless. It was my sincere hope that DN's forum wouldn't be infested with trigger-pulling whackjobs, but I guess they're everywhere on the web.Sorry about the double post--as I have been with FCP a year now, why should it matter? I was being sincere about the other pros that check in here occasionally, and was by no means being disrespectful to the members on the board by sarcastically calling you "pros."If a mod would like to delete my threads, then please do so. I can not beleive I am so turned off by this forum when I asked a legit poker question.EDIT--to those who offered real replies, I thank you.

My question: KNOWING I had the nuts, was 400 too small of a value bet re-raise? How much would you have pushed into the middle in order to get paid off? I've been kicking myself since the play, thinking I could have gotten more from him.
when I go to re-raise I always multiply times pi. You should have bet exactly 942 chips.
Appreciate all the flaming--you guys are priceless. It was my sincere hope that DN's forum wouldn't be infested with trigger-pulling whackjobs, but I guess they're everywhere on the web.Sorry about the double post--as I have been with FCP a year now, why should it matter? I was being sincere about the other pros that check in here occasionally, and was by no means being disrespectful to the members on the board by sarcastically calling you "pros."If a mod would like to delete my threads, then please do so. I can not beleive I am so turned off by this forum when I asked a legit poker question.EDIT--to those who offered real replies, I thank you.
If you have been here a year then you should know if you post something in the wrong place you will get flamed.
If you have been here a year then you should know if you post something in the wrong place you will get flamed.
Bingo.

When I look down at QJs, I still feel sort of drowsy most of the time. It's like drinking a cup of decaf.Rockets on the other hand, it's like I just ate a whole bottle of xenadrine and snorted 3 pounds of the columbian white gold.

1. Not betting on the flop was a mistake2. After the Turn, you were not on the 2nd nut flush draw, anyone with K anything :club: was on the 2nd nut draw3. I wish the button would have checked your check on the end...priceless to see you face when you check the royal only to not have anyone bet.
OK, I'll bite...After the turn, the OP was drawing to the second nut flush. With Ad 10d already on board the K <anything> of diamonds is drawing to the nut flush. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.I agree with point # 3 though...I don't like that check on the river...you were lucky and able to check raise him for some more chips, but if it were me, I would have value bet in that position and hoped for a call or raise.Just my input, hope it's worth something.

i didnt read the hand, but i noticed for the moment i looked at the post that the ace of diamonds hit the turn. any experienced PRO knows that when the ace of diamonds hits the turn you may as well rip out your arm and jam it in your eye.

I did both! Are you turned off by me while thanking me at the same time?!Obviously we could have been nicer, and if you sounded a bit more ignorant (not in a bad way) I probably would have been, but instead you seemed to be intent on deliberately breaking rules that should be obvious, and that's why you got the flames.1) You admitted you know Daniel does not answer poker questions in e-mail, then posted one in a forum like he would say 'Well, I hate doing it in e-mail but in a forum?! I love that!"2) You KNEW the strategy forum existed, in fact you posted it there, but then for no reason except your personal desire to inflict your post upon us in mutliple place, posted it in general.3) Why does being here a year mean that you can break rules? When I hit 40, can I shoot a man in cold blood because I've been here on earth long enough?Basically, you're an asshole, and therefore you are getting responses that match up with your attitude.Have a nice day.Ray

not betting flop: stupidnot betting turn: questionably stupid ( i like taking lead)checking river: FUUCKING retarded. i'll enjoy when your royal gets checked to showdown. other than that well played, and post in the strat section. lead out river with an amount persuant to how the player on the button has been playing, is he a calling station, or is he a tight little biitch. ok go play. cheers. r