i was just wondreing how many people on this site have aspirations to play professionally sometime in the future?
If by pro u mean Poker as an only source of income? then I will...I cant do anything else as long as Im in the US so I might as well make some money playing poker.

I plan to try going pro once I graduate college. I need to go to college, so that I can become rich without poker. Who knows what might happen with poker, and I can't really play much until I'm 21 anyways, so might as well go to college to kill time between when I graduate high school and turn 21.

I plan to try going pro once I graduate college. I need to go to college, so that I can become rich without poker. Who knows what might happen with poker, and I can't really play much until I'm 21 anyways, so might as well go to college to kill time between when I graduate high school and turn 21.
exactly what he said. 18 now and in first year of college. going to get degree in accounting so I don't have to rely on poker if things dont go well but after college i may try
i was just wondreing how many people on this site have aspirations to play professionally sometime in the future?
If by pro u mean Poker as an only source of income? then I will...I cant do anything else as long as Im in the US so I might as well make some money playing poker.
btw this is cuz Im here on a international student visa...not cuz Im here ilegally :club: ....just read it thought it sounded wierd :-)
Do u play on Party Poker with a simular username
I plan to try going pro once I graduate college. I need to go to college, so that I can become rich without poker.
Hope you have some kind of plan, because it can be nasty. For many job fields, a Bachelor's is just a minimum requirement.....
I plan to try going pro once I graduate college. I need to go to college, so that I can become rich without poker.
Hope you have some kind of plan, because it can be nasty. For many job fields, a Bachelor's is just a minimum requirement.....
Have to completely agree here. Also, for those getting specialized degrees like accounting and such, if you are not enrolled in a internship program and not trying to get a job with them right out of school, it will be a hard job to get once you leave and try to come back.A message to all of the college players. Finish school and then go to grad school, an MBA or PhD. is quickly becoming the next minimum education requirement for most companies and thinking you'll get "rich" by just getting a bachelors degree is a ridiculous thought. Your thoughts of going pro may be well grounded, but the chances of it happening in the terms of what you are probably thinking are one in a million. It is possibly to play and make a comfortable living of somewhere between $50 -$100K / year (also considering you'll have a few hundred thousand in you BR by then). After that I'm afraid things will become a little more difficult as the swings will really impact at the levels you have to be playing at.At any rate, go to school, get a job, build a roll and then try to take a shot.

Most pros will encourage you not to go pro. If any of you decide to take the step and make it a full tme job. I would strongly suggest reading Barry Greenstein's book. He explains a lot of the qualities one needs in order to be a successful player. Good Luck.

No, I plan on finishing my BME degree, goto law school, and get settled nicely. However, I will continue to pull in the extra monthly money from poker and laugh at my friends when they point out I inexplicably make an extra 10k than them every year.

Just make sure when you get your college degree, it's actually in something you will end up doing. I got my Bachelor's in Biblical Studies. Needless to say, I got a job out of college working in the political arena and then when I was through with that I started playing poker for a living. I'm glad I got a degree, but it's not being put to good use right now. Good thing my poker playing is paying off the student loan. :club:

Just make sure when you get your college degree, it's actually in something you will end up doing.  I got my Bachelor's in Biblical Studies.  Needless to say, I got a job out of college working in the political arena and then when I was through with that I started playing poker for a living.  I'm glad I got a degree, but it's not being put to good use right now.  Good thing my poker playing is paying off the student loan.   :club:
Actually, there is quite a large number of degree holders who never work in the field they get their degree in. I don't have the exact number, but last I read it was over 70%. It is usually only specialized degrees that requier you to work in that arena. I know more people with RTF degrees that are VPs, Management at computer companies and heads of social work groups than anyone who actually works within their degree field. It is just a piece of paper, but it is important to companies for some reason or another.
When the money's gone, it's time to move on.And until then, here I am.Pro?  Hell no.  DN is a pro, we are just catching foul balls.
Perfect postSir I comend you.

Most people I know my age who have jobs ended up in a field unrelated to what their major was .... I studied Psychology and Criminal Justice, and ended up in Health Care. It is very difficult to make a lot of money right outside of college. Most jobs you take will severely underpay you. I suggest gearing up for grad school if you are serious about making it in some industries.

Most pros will encourage you not to go pro. If any of you decide to take the step and make it a full tme job. I would strongly suggest reading Barry Greenstein's book. He explains a lot of the qualities one needs in order to be a successful player. Good Luck.
What are you doing posting in general. Stay in the strategy section. That is where you belong. Just joking with you.