best poker magazine

with pokers popularity especially recently theres alot of new magazines out there. i still think cardplayer is far and away the best. does anyone think they have any competition? sometimes ill buy bluff and all in but i dont think they compare. anyone disagree?

with pokers popularity especially recently theres alot of new magazines out there. i still think cardplayer is far and away the best. does anyone think they have any competition? sometimes ill buy bluff and all in but i dont think they compare. anyone disagree?
Cardplayer is the only one worth a shit.

No way, cardplayer is still by far the best poker magazine. All the other magazines are only there to glorify the poker "young and rich" lifestyle as well as the "hot" young players instead of focusing on the game itself. They are like failed Maxim wannabes who switched gears do ride the poker craze; all attitude and no content.

Cardplayer is by far the best mag, however I bought Bluff at WalMart the other day, and it was still a fun read.
Yeah. As fun as any other tabloid, from what I hear.

I'm going to agree with everybody else and say that Cardplayer is far and away the best. But I want to add that people really ought to check out cardplayer.com... I feel like nobody is aware that they have the most recent issue up online within a week or two of its being distributed in hard copy and they have issues in the archive running back as far as 2001. I have friends who pay for the subscription and I'm not sure I understand why. I'm not trying to discourage people from subscribing... I just don't get it. I started a couple months ago with the most recent issue and am working my way back and I'm amazed at how much knowlege I've picked up.

I enjoy Bluff more personally. But honestly, they are two very different types of magazines. Cardplayer is mainly a strategy guide, where Bluff is a Poker Lifestyle magazine. I dont see why any poker player, enthusiast wouldnt be happy to read both, or for that matter all poker magazines.

I enjoy Bluff more personally. But honestly, they are two very different types of magazines. Cardplayer is mainly a strategy guide, where Bluff is a Poker Lifestyle magazine. I dont see why any poker player, enthusiast wouldnt be happy to read both, or for that matter all poker magazines.
I agree 100%I get both Bluff and Cardplayer. Bluff is a lot more entertaining and Cardplayer is a lot more informative.
I agree 100%I get both Bluff and Cardplayer. Bluff is a lot more entertaining and Cardplayer is a lot more informative which I think is the intent. Bluff is geared towards the mainstream public hence their famous people (that also play cards) on the covers, etc etc. Cardplayer is geared more towads the hardcore poker player hence mostly poker players on the cover.

BLUFF!!!!! :shock: Oh wait.....swthat's not what I meant.CARDPLAYER!!!!Bluff, really did publish a segment telling readers that Gus Hansen was broke because of the side games at the 2004 wsop.I read it with my own two eyes.. Just like this :shock:

Nobody likes Poker Player? I give them a partial vote because they ran my picture, and Card Player didn't. Card Player is still better, though, but Poker Player is a strong 2nd, much better than Bluff and All-in.Poker Digest used to be good, perhaps better than CP. That's why CP bought them and closed them down.I live in California, so I have no reason to even consider buying any of them, but lately you have to grab the mags quickly because the cardrooms have been running out.

• 3 weeks later...

If you want strategies and how to play this and how to play that then CP is for you. Bluff is by far the most entertaing magazine out. All In is total crap. I don't wanna read boring articles in a magazine, I'll stick to poker books for that.

Nobody likes Poker Player?  I give them a partial vote because they ran my picture, and Card Player didn't.  Card Player is still better, though, but Poker Player is a strong 2nd, much better than Bluff and All-in.Poker Digest used to be good, perhaps better than CP.  That's why CP bought them and closed them down.I live in California, so I have no reason to even consider buying any of them, but lately you have to grab the mags quickly because the cardrooms have been running out.
Poker Player a close second? That magazine is a joke