worst beat of my life

$1000 NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, July 19,Table Table xxxx (6 max) (No DP) (Real Money)Seat 2 is the buttonTotal number of players : 5Seat 1: IAMATOOLSHED ( $3413.25 )Seat 2: xxxxxxxx ( $1719 )Seat 4: ADDYFINK ( $196.75 )Seat 6: SMBKing ( $1131 )Seat 5: slotsip ( $1660.75 )ADDYFINK posts small blind [$5].slotsip posts big blind [$10].** Dealing down cards **Dealt to xxxxx [ 8d 7h ]SMBKing calls [$10].IAMATOOLSHED folds.xxxxxx calls [$10].ADDYFINK calls [$5].slotsip raises [$10].SMBKing calls [$10].xxxxxx calls [$10].ADDYFINK calls [$10].** Dealing Flop ** [ 5h, 9h, 6c ]ADDYFINK checks.slotsip bets [$65].SMBKing folds.xxxxxxx raises [$150].ADDYFINK folds.slotsip calls [$85].** Dealing Turn ** [ 8h ]slotsip bets [$500].xxxxxx is all-In.slotsip is all-In.** Dealing River ** [ Jh ]slotsip shows [ Ah, Qc ] a flush, ace high.xxxxx shows [ 8d, 7h ] a flush, jack high.xxxxx wins $58.25 from side pot #1 with a flush, jack high.slotsip wins $3359.50 from the main pot with a flush, ace high with ace kicker.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tough crowd aye? I got him to put in $1500 when he only was 17% to win the pot on the turn. I trapped him for all his money and he got lucky. I suck right? Cmon fellas, why don't you stop and think before you attack my post. No need for animosity.Incidently, he left the table with nothing. I just needed to vent a little before i broke him again.Make love not war guys! I hope you never recieve a beat like that, not the best feeling, but thats where we all make our money right? Off these clowns.Good luck to you all

tough crowd aye? I got him to put in $1500 when he only was 17% to win the pot on the turn.   I trapped him for all his money and he got lucky.  I suck right?  Cmon fellas, why don't you stop and think before you attack my post. No need for animosity.Incidently, he left the table with nothing. I just needed to vent a little before i broke him again.Make love not war guys! I hope you never recieve a beat like that, not the best feeling, but thats where we all make our money right? Off these clowns.Good luck to you all
That was a tough beat for sure, but what can ya do? Like you said, you had him for all the money, and he got lucky on the end. I like the call when the heart came on the turn, I might have put him on the made flush there. Tough one, but I'm sure you'll survive in the long run..And yeah, there is a special forum for these type of posts, but I'm the type to open the homepage and click on something. I enjoy a good story without having to search, meh i'm lazy. The other dudes can be tools sometimes, but for the most part it's all in good fun. Some good info to be learned here, welcome.

Others have said it, but it wasn't emphasized nearly enough. Even though you caught a dream flop, whatare you doing calling $10 with 7 8 offsuit?--Drum Infected---What happened to the gyrating girlies?? lol

--Drum Infected---What happened to the gyrating girlies?? lol
I guess it was too much for some FCP'ers standards, which I don't really understand because they weren't gyrating on a huge penslay.gif or sumthing of that sort.So I only can post the ladies on special occasions
--Drum Infected---What happened to the gyrating girlies?? lol
I guess it was too much for some FCP'ers standards, which I don't really understand because they weren't gyrating on a huge penslay.gif or sumthing of that sort.So I only can post the ladies on special occasions
special occasions as in when jayson isn't online

This is the worst beat of your life? Good gosh.Didn't Greg Raymer lose to a runner runner flush and possibly lost millions b/c someone made the same play. Cam on now.And yeah - 87o - good call

guys, it was 87o yes, but its a $5/$10 blind NL game and it is 6 max. The $10 is the size of the blind.You cant sit there waiting for AA or AK. Any 2 cards play and most of the times cards dont even matter. I was baiting this guy for an hour and i finally caught him , making him push with AQ.It's a differant game. Thanx for letting me know about the bad beat forum, i wasn't aware.Good luck to you all and i hope my next topic is 1 i enjoy a little more (losing 3500 pot is bad news hehe)

guys, it was 87o yes, but its a $5/$10 blind NL game and it is 6 max.  The $10 is the size of the blind.You cant sit there waiting for AA or AK. Any 2 cards play and most of the times cards dont even matter. I was baiting this guy for an hour and i finally caught him , making him push with AQ.It's a differant game.  Thanx for letting me know about the bad beat forum, i wasn't aware.Good luck to you all and i hope my next topic is 1 i enjoy a little more (losing 3500 pot is bad news hehe)
87 is drawing hand. You still should not play it in your position.
guys, it was 87o yes, but its a $5/$10 blind NL game and it is 6 max.  The $10 is the size of the blind.You cant sit there waiting for AA or AK. Any 2 cards play and most of the times cards dont even matter. I was baiting this guy for an hour and i finally caught him , making him push with AQ.It's a differant game.  Thanx for letting me know about the bad beat forum, i wasn't aware.Good luck to you all and i hope my next topic is 1 i enjoy a little more (losing 3500 pot is bad news hehe)
87 is drawing hand. You still should not play it in your position.
thanks for pointing that out
guys, it was 87o yes, but its a $5/$10 blind NL game and it is 6 max.  The $10 is the size of the blind.
Oooooooooooooooh, is that what that means?? Wow, make this a sticky so we can all make sure we know that. :roll: sw
It's a differant game.
What's so different about it? Some fish plays 8-7 os from EP into a preflop raise. Hits a miricle flop...and some donkey can't get rid of AQ ( because they were soooooted ! ) and plays the overcards and hits runner runner.Sounds like every single hand online.If you think you can play or even analyze your play after the hand....just quit poker or read a book.Now you are forced into my bad beat story. 6 spots from tv in the 2004 WSOP $ 2,500 NL event. MY AA...his AQ...he 4 flushed the Queen. Sounds a little tougher tha 87os losing. :roll: Now save it and your "bad beats" that just expose that you can't play.

I've had worst beats, but never at 1000nl. I moved up from 400nl 2 months ago. So a 3500 pot was little harsh. Naturally i know it is part of the game and i have no problem dealing with that.And for the expert who believes that i can't play and that i am a fish, you are entitled to your opinion sir. I play at 1000nl on the party network if you feel it's an easy game for you. Mabye i can learn from you. Thanx for your thoughts.

I've had worst beats, but never at 1000nl. I moved up from 400nl 2 months ago. So a 3500 pot was little harsh. Naturally i know it is part of the game and i have no problem dealing with that.And for the expert who believes that i can't play and that i am a fish, you are entitled to your opinion sir. I play at 1000nl on the party network if you feel it's an easy game for you. Mabye i can learn from you. Thanx for your thoughts.
try getting 1 outered on the river in a 20-40 game with 30bb in the pot. that was an interesting week. 1 freaking out.

Sea Wasp: I wouldn't consider this to be such a bad beat. You were about a 3-2 dog preflop. Yeah you hit the flop nicely... but, had his A-Q been suited, you could have easily been drawing dead on the turn. If you are going to play unsuited connectors preflop (which is totally up to you), you should at least realize that even when you hit your hand, it's still very vulnerable.

Check it out fish. When you have the nerve to come on and post about the "worst beat of your life" and you started the hand by calling a preflop raise with 87 os...you brought it on yourself.We all have beats...everyday. The fact that you are playing 1000NL and crying about a 3,500 pot makes me think you made this all up anyway.I play low limit online...thats the advantage of having "The biggest Little City On Earth" right outside my door. So save it...and your "bad beats" where you don't call a $500 river bet with an 8 high flush...you raise all in !!! :club::D :lol:BTW: You only started the hand with a little over 1,700 anyway...not exactly a big beat if you really even are the XXXXX mentioned in the hand. Don't sound like you can deal with the stakes. :roll:

Check it out fish. When you have the nerve to come on and post about the "worst beat of your life" and you started the hand by calling a preflop raise with 87 os...you brought it on yourself.We all have beats...everyday. The fact that you are playing 1000NL and crying about a 3,500 pot makes me think you made this all up anyway.I play low limit online...thats the advantage of having "The biggest Little City On Earth" right outside my door. So save it...and your "bad beats" where you don't call a $500 river bet with an 8 high flush...you raise all in !!! :club:  :D  :D
7 high