• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil: "Well...I have the red Starburst now, and I'm not giving it up."This is great stuff.
I was about to post that.... :club::D Well, i'd say Hellmuth is kinda punchy at 2:45 am. Earlier he got caught oggling E-Dog's girlfriend, possibly hitting on Jen Harman. He has been constantly arguing about math whether its a 13 to 10 or 12 to 10. I hope Hellmuth does this every year, except when he actually makes the final table. To elaborate the conversation actually went like this:Phil: You left the red Starburst? My kids would’ve taken that one firstChris: I don’t know any better, I don’t eat these thingsPhil: Well...I have the red Starburst now, and I’m not giving it up.

have you guys noticed how many comments the pros have made regarding possible endorsements these guys want to leave the tourneys to the kids and do starburst commercials

100% Phil.He was running down the British Open leaderboard, then some guy wanted to ask him a question about how you used to be able to flip your hand up to get a read on a guy and Phil interrupts him, like:"Hold on a second. Sergio is 5 under, Bernhard Langer is 4 under, ooh Jose Maria Olzabal is 4 under. Okay, okay, what's your question? Back to poker."

Ok, Is anyone getting really tired? I have been listening for almost 12 hours now. Granted, I made the final table of the O 8/B freeroll at stars and finished 3rd, but now I am just sitting here listening. :shock: Just get it over with. :wall:

I have to hand it to Phil Hellmuth he's been great, dragging people to the mic and yapping all night long.He's gone up in my book, I think the image is all about marketing himself rather than him being a really idiot.

I have to hand it to Phil Hellmuth he's been great, dragging people to the mic and yapping all night long.He's gone up in my book, I think the image is all about marketing himself rather than him being a really idiot.
Phil is definitely all about the marketing. He certainly isn't stupid. I liked it when Joe Cassidy told the audiance that Phil really is a nice guy and Phil said "Hey, I've made a lot of money being the bad boy of poker, kid."

It would really be great if they could edit the audio coverage to correspond to the ESPN coverage (when they edit THAT). It would be really fun to hear what the pros were saying while we were able to see the hole cards.

that's the best idea ever. i actually had it earlier. daniel or somebody should really press for that from cardplayer, to sync up the commentary with the video of holecards. this would be much more interesting than the espn footage alone and millions of people watch that.