doyle brunson makes bid to buy the wpt...

Great news! The WPT needs a new direction, new hosts (even though that won't happen), and a makeover. The tables are lame as hell with all the flashing lights and shit, why can't they just broadcast from a card room? I suppose some people might think that the atmosphere adds to the drama or whatnot but I don't like it anymore. Since Shauna left I might start watching it again, she was absolutely clueless and it was beyond obvious. Hopefully they'll get someone who knows a little more about the game, if they have already I don't know about it. If Doyle does get the WPT I hope he mixes things up a bit. :club:

Check out the link:http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/050708/leisure_wor...poker.html?.v=1Now an interesting question.....would being the owner of the tour disqualify him from playing events on the tour?
i dont think it would. he would just have to get himself his own beer if he won lol.

Doyle wouldn't be disqualified from play, he's just the head of a group that is making an attempt at a takeover (probably hostile), so I'm pretty sure that while he'll be the major shareholder, he's going to own less than 51% of the stock.

What strategic changes do you imagine he can make to make it more valuable? I'm sure he'd let players sport their sponsors (i.e. Doyle'sRoom.net etc.) Does anyone think that it might be WPT launching it's own poker site that has Doyle and his backers thinking the stock is discounted?

Too bad he didn't invest four years ago when Lyle Berman approached him to be an initial investor before launching the WPT. The main value here for Doyle is the WPT's new poker website to tie in with Doyle's Room, although you can only play real money on the WPT site if your computer is located outside the USA. Huge European market though.

Ok I just checked the stock price it is up 58.88% from yesterdays close. They have stopped trading on the stock today. At least as of 1:00. That is unbelievably tough to do.

Great news! The WPT needs a new direction. :club:[/quoteBe prepared for Arena Poker.
u have chosen a pretty good book for ur avatar. not.
well you're the 2nd person on here that said that, so I have to assume the book blows. I like the title and I chose it for MY avatar, I don't get anal over some of the avatars that suck on here, it's the user's choice.anyway, you must have wasted your money on the book too as did the other guy who told me the book sucked. that's a shame.
Ok I just checked the stock price it is up 58.88% from yesterdays close. They have stopped trading on the stock today. At least as of 1:00. That is unbelievably tough to do.
yea it is a great increase if you owned it pre madness. halted so they can verify if the validity. day traders might lose their shirts if no deal happens or the details are wrong. this stock can get pretty ugly fast.
well you're the 2nd person on here that said that, so I have to assume the book blows. I like the title and I chose it for MY avatar, I don't get anal over some of the avatars that suck on here, it's the user's choice.anyway, you must have wasted your money on the book too as did the other guy who told me the book sucked. that's a shame.
It's a steaming pile of crap not fit for retarded monkeys.Nothing wrong with your avatar, but if you haven't bought the book, I wouldn't suggest it. You've already read the title--there's nothing more to learn within. :club:
yea it is a great increase if you owned it pre madness. halted so they can verify if the validity. day traders might lose their shirts if no deal happens or the details are wrong. this stock can get pretty ugly fast.
I'm guessing since they halted trade today, they won't reopen trade on it till tomorrow?

I'm not a terribly stock-minded person, but is it normal practice to offer double the value of the company when attempting to buy it? Anyone else thinking that this move might be motivated by more than money? Other reasons may include:1. D.B.'s well-documented dissatisfaction with the management of the WSOP over the last number of years. Perhaps he wants to solidify another institution as the most significant one, which leads to...2. His interest being as big a part of the "new era" of tournament poker as he was during the formative years.Or maybe it really IS just about money....I wonder who the other investors are. Perhaps "The Corporation" from the Andy Beal games is making another move...maybe they can play Beal heads-up for their respective companies...heh heh.

no they just have to close the spread, it should reopen if it hasn't already.....expect it to open up lot higher....
Ok, I have some stocks and know a bit. (I don't have this one) close the spread? or speed? Please explain.I'm also guessing it will continue to run and if anyone had bought in around 10 they should sell some of it off to make a nice little profit IMO.