favorite quotes of fish after they give a bad beat

there are 21) AND THE ONE THING I HATE HEARING MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE"they were suited"2) and finally,well I'm getting really lucky, but damn I'm playing so well

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite phrase from a fish was you wouldnt be lyin to me now. What me lie, no I'm gonna truthfully tell tell ya what I'm a holdin in my hand. LOL.Well I sorta did. I said I had a flush, I didn't lie I just didnt tell the whole truth. Thats my worst fault I cant lie, but I can refrain from tellin everything. This kid was the reason they invented the phrase theres a sucker born every minute. LOL.

I said sorry to a guy in a tourney I was in three weeks ago.105 players, NL Hold'em.We're down to final 5 and I'm shortstacked.I go all in with Ah10s.Two callers.The flop comes up 9s4s2s.He goes all in and the other guy folds.He turns 9's.The river comes with A spades, giving me the flush.I apologized...he congratulated me.Three hands later he went all in and I called him - he had 10s5s, I had As9s.Flop comes up with an Ace.He hits running 10's to take the pot.I laughed.I still went on to win the tourney.Bad beats on the river need to be laughed at.

Multi-Table NL Tourney at Poker Stars.Blinds are 50-100. I'm UTG with pocket Ks. I raise to 400. All fold to the BB who calls.Flop comes J 9 5 rainbow. BB checks, I bet 800, he calls. Turn is a 4 (suits still not important). He moves all in with his last 700. I call.He has 2 6 offsuit and spikes a 3 on the river for a gutshot straight.He then types: I had to defend my Big Blind.

While playing live the past week I had 2 people tell me they stay til the river because that's when the set always comes!Also, one thing I thought was hilarious was when some kid rivered a boat against someone who flopped the A-high flush said, Send it over baby!! and looked around like he was going to quit his day job and play poker for a living.

Calling a bet on the river with the words: "I know you've got me beat, but I have to see it""One time" when calling a bet pre-flop with 3-4 off suit"I'm playing my rush - Live 6" (in 3-6 game)"Can I get a seat change? This seat has no luck""I always play 10-7 off suit. It's DN's favorite hand""I have the nuts", and then showing a losing hand"all-in never loses" (in limit games)"deuces never loses""That's my lucky dealer""change the deck please"

raise 6 times the button with jj and he calls with 10 7 suited, calls over half his stack on flopwith a gut shot straight draw that needs a jack, i hit the set he hits the straight and says "you have to play your strong draws!":shock:

"I'm sure you have me beat, but I'm gonna call you anyway."
I think that's one of my all time fav's. I play with a guy who's variation of it is this: Well, you've got me beat, but I don't care. Just last night he limped in, and I raised all-in with A-10 (not good, but I was short-stacked--was about a 5.5x raise of his limp). He called. His Q-3 won on the river with a 3. But hey, I'm happy he wins sometimes. Keeps him coming back for more :club:

this one just happened to me in a pokerstars SnG, pretty funny.I'm dealt AA in the SB. fold to the CO, who pushes all in, I re-raise all-in, BB folds.He shows: Q4 offsuitFlop: Q 6 7Turn: 4fish: BOOM BOOM BABYriver: 7me: boom boom babyfish: ****. suckout of the year.gotta love the delay between each card on pokerstars for an all-in race.

Another thing. There's another game I play in weekly, usually only 6-8 of us. This one kid makes the worst calls ever, but sucks out constantly. Here is the progression of one of his hands:Fish raises UTG2 Reraises3 All In4 CallsBefore calling, Fish says, "I can do this." Fish calls2 FoldsFish shows KJo3 shows AKo4 shows AAFish sucks out a straight on the river, then says, "Gimme those chips."Another hand, I go over the top of Fish with AQs pre flop, the guy next to me says, "Yep, I'm folding an ace," when there are still 3 others left to act behind him. All fold, Fish decides to call with QJo, and then sucks out a jack on the river. I'm getting up to leave the table when Fish says, "I only called because I knew there was 1 less ace in the deck." At that point I threw a drink at the kid that was sitting next to me and I then had to be restrained by my friends or I would have probably killed him. Ha!

usually uttered by one fish to another, but sometimes by me as well to encourage $hitty play: "way to hang in there"

Calling a bet on the river with the words: "I know you've got me beat, but I have to see it""One time" when calling a bet pre-flop with 3-4 off suit"I'm playing my rush - Live 6" (in 3-6 game)"Can I get a seat change? This seat has no luck""I always play 10-7 off suit. It's DN's favorite hand""I have the nuts", and then showing a losing hand"all-in never loses" (in limit games)"deuces never loses""That's my lucky dealer""change the deck please"
You must play at Lucky Chances. Lots of "live 6" in the 3/6. Happens less in the 6/12, but still happens. People are asking to change the deck nearly every frickin hand.And the most common thing said there is "all-in never loses".I love that place!