Fcp Summer 2016 Weight Loss Challenge

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

opening weight: 194.8 week 1: 192.0 week 2: 188.2 week 3: 186.0 week 4: 184.2 week 5: 180.4 week 6: 176.8 week 7: 177.8 week 8: 174.6 week 9: n/a week 10: 173.4

Opening weigh in: 278.6 Week 1: 277.1 Week 2: 272.3 Week 3: 268.7 Week 4: 263.9 Week 5/6: 265.1 Week 7: 262.0 Week 8: 260.5 Week 9: 257.6

Opening weigh in: 278.6 Week 1: 277.1 Week 2: 272.3 Week 3: 268.7 Week 4: 263.9 Week 5/6: 265.1 Week 7: 262.0

My first attempt at riding to work was a fail.

I'm in such bad shape. This is sad.

I made it 1.2 km (into the wind!!! And maybe slightly uphill) before giving up and grabbing a bus, which took me to Eglinton station. That left me with an easy, mostly downhill coast of 2.5 km left to work at St. Clair.

Still, 3.7 km is better than 0 km.

We'll see if I can make it the whole way home. Should be a lot easier. Yonge is downhill basically the whole way to Bloor, then flat across the valley all the way home. Should be home in time for the Pens game, easily.

Going to try to ramp this up to a bike to and from work every day scenario by the time May rolls around, but may be a bike home only thing in the meantime.

Good effort to try it Zach. Takes a lot of will just to get on the bike in the morning, ride to work/take it on the bus.....when it can be a fairly easy commute if you want to be lazy. Keep it up bud.

That's kind of a problem with my new place. It's not possible to be closer to a subway stop. So I'm losing the like 2500 steps I was taking each day at the last place, just to and from transit.

Hopefully I can get this going right because I was never happier than when I could easily bike all over the city.

It'll come, it'll just take a little while. Need to fix my conditioning. Start slower, ramp up.

I weighed in at 204.9lb yesterday. Really didn't do much either! Had a scan this afternoon on an ankle injury which I've had for a while which has stopped me doing any cardio. Waiting to hear back on results but that's gonna be a big step in how much exercise I am able to do over the next few weeks.

How's everybody's week 2 going?

Pretty good start for me. Meals have all been going according to plan.

golfed 18 holes Monday. I was off work so my food schedule was a bit off, and I think I missed a snack or something. Definitely didn't eat enough and I got exhausted on the back nine.

Tuesday went for a nice long walk after work and messed around and shot the basketball around at a local outdoor court for 45 minutes. Nothing too strenuous but it was 27 degrees yesterday so worked up a good sweat.

I've been good at making myself a lunch every evening which is a huge help, and sticking to the shake for breakfast every morning.

Need 2 more good days as fri/sat/sun will be a write off as my guys poker trip to Banff commences.

Shitty. Had the best burger in Detroit last night. Plus some key lime pie. And cake. Luckily my mom came so that means only one bday dinner since she didn't think she would make it and take me out tonight. Going to try biking tonight. Going to rain the next 4 days.

Getting some actual exercise in.

Just taking the bus with my bike TO work, but biking the whole way home, as of yesterday anyways. The bus in the morning thing still includes about 2km of biking, so it's a nice little pick-me-up in the morning, at least.

Food-wise, eh... so/so.

I weighed myself this morning just to see where I was at before my bad weekend. down 1.4 for the week so far. Hopefully that's enough to survive the weekend and not have a + week.

The weekends are usually trouble for me. Last weekend was family bday dinner + social event with drinks on Saturday.

This Friday I'm in trouble....my high roller pool has a "fine" system where certain buyouts and fines go towards a year end dinner fund. Essentially, there's about $1400 for 13 guys this Friday, so you can imagine the amount of food+liquor. I'll try to blow my share on the high end stuff and not waste it on garlic bread. lol

oh, and nice work guys. Ive dropped a little too, and I play ball tonight, so that should help. The key will be if I get on the treadmill on the weekend to counter the eating+drinking.

another thing I have noticed that is good about the weekend though is the sleep. I think if we all could get the full amount of sleep we need, it would help a lot.

Just curious, what do people think is a good avg nights sleep? I only get about 6, maybe 7 a night, but I prob should be aiming for 8 Im guessing.

I find 8 to be my sweet spot. I rarely get it though.

For 13 straight nights I'm awake and tossing and turning at 4:00-4:30am. Takes me an hour to get back to sleep. Then up an hour later. It's killing me.

Stupid 10:30 games are killing my sleep schedule.

I try for 8, but I'm too much of a night owl to go to sleep at the right time.

this has always been my reality too, but Im just saying fck it and getting myself into bed. I'm frustrated at being too tired the next day.

last night i was dying to watch SJ-LA, Im really backing SJ, but I just said screw it, went to bed at 1130, read for about 30mins to get me sleepy, and passed out.

That gets me 7 at least.

Also, I had not read a book in a long time, last night decided to finally start 11/22/63 by King again. (started before but stopped early)

In perfect settings on a weekday, I'll go to bed aiming for 8, but by the time I actually get ready and put away my phone, etc, it's closer to 7. I'm the one who gets up with the kids though, so unless they are out of town, the reality is I'm typically getting 7 at best, but that includes getting up at least once or twice. On a good night, that's still 7 hours with only a couple short interruptions, though often it's more like 5-6, and since I'm on call for the kids, I don't sleep nearly as deeply as I do when I'm not responsible (with their grandparents or whatever).

When the second one was really struggling for sleep, I probably spent a year where I might have slept more than 2-3 hours a night once a week. Didn't really notice a difference to be honest - adrenaline takes over so much. Only when I went a few straight weeks with no catch-up did I notice my health would take a dip.

this has always been my reality too, but Im just saying fck it and getting myself into bed. I'm frustrated at being too tired the next day.

last night i was dying to watch SJ-LA, Im really backing SJ, but I just said screw it, went to bed at 1130, read for about 30mins to get me sleepy, and passed out.

That gets me 7 at least.

Also, I had not read a book in a long time, last night decided to finally start 11/22/63 by King again. (started before but stopped early)

Big part of my plan upon moving was to separate sleeping from screens.

Instead of living in one room with my computer (tv) and bed coexisting, I have an entire separate room dedicated to sleeping (apparently called a bedroom).

I got myself a nice lamp, and has a stack of books I want to read. I want to start getting into that.

I've been finding myself watching Shomi on my iPad instead, though. Need to stop that. Once I finish Mr. Robot, I'll stop. I've been on the last episode for about a week because I keep falling asleep with it, because I go to bed so late because of hockey!

• Like 1

Since Jin came we have not had a tv in the bedroom. I now read and it's impossible for me to get to sleep if I don't read at least a little. Plus it's nice if you can't sleep you can grab a book and it helps get you back to sleep.