Fcp Summer 2016 Weight Loss Challenge

I would "like" this, if Dave had spelled Guinness correctly.

Ever since Ireland trip, this is all I drink. And as far as calories, it is indeed one of the lightest beers, especially what you consider beer.

My fav beer by far and I have never really been a beer drinker.

That said, I wonder if maybe there should be a sidebet or just a pride bet of each one of us picking one thing that they will not consume until July. ie chocolate or beer or pasta....i dont know,

damn, I was actually 1 for 2, I spelled it right the second time.

I have developed a love for Guinness in the last few years. It is easily my favourite beer now, and always my first choice at a pub, or anywhere, if it is available. It's the only beer that I can drink that doesn't fill me up after a few of them, or make me feel bloated.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

opening weight: 194.8 week 1: 192.0 week 2: 188.2 week 3: 186.0 week 4: 184.2 week 5: 180.4 week 6: 176.8 week 7: 177.8 week 8: 174.6 week 9: n/a week 10: 173.4

Opening weigh in: 278.6 Week 1: 277.1 Week 2: 272.3 Week 3: 268.7 Week 4: 263.9 Week 5/6: 265.1 Week 7: 262.0 Week 8: 260.5 Week 9: 257.6

Opening weigh in: 278.6 Week 1: 277.1 Week 2: 272.3 Week 3: 268.7 Week 4: 263.9 Week 5/6: 265.1 Week 7: 262.0

That said, I wonder if maybe there should be a sidebet or just a pride bet of each one of us picking one thing that they will not consume until July. ie chocolate or beer or pasta....i dont know,

I'm in for this, just for pride. I'm not giving up beer in the summer, since it is an important part of my social life, and I enjoy it on the golf course too much, plus I go Alchohol free in January every year, so I already did my month of abstinence this year :) I'll think of something else though.

I haven't had a drink in 151 days. Can't believe that hasn't helped my weight. I must have turned to chocolate or something really hard.

• Like 2

I have developed a love for Guinness in the last few years. It is easily my favourite beer now, and always my first choice at a pub, or anywhere, if it is available. It's the only beer that I can drink that doesn't fill me up after a few of them, or make me feel bloated.

Same thing exactly for me.

I was never able to have more than 2 of any kind of beer without feeling way too bloated. I can have 2/3/4 Guinness and still nothing.....and then I dabble in Irish Whiskey for kicks. :)

Anybody ever tried to give up or cut back on bread? I've had a few people mention to me that they lost a ton of weight just from eliminating bread from their diet.

I'm trying to think what one thing I would give up. Can't be alcohol for the same reasons Dubey mentioned. I enjoy socially drinking with friends and it also plays an important role in networking and building relationships with my clients at work. I don't drink soda or anything like that. It would almost have to be sugary snacks, chips, or peanut butter.

When I lost a bunch of weight previously, I traded in sugary snacks for dark chocolate (I recommend Ghirardelli Intense Dark line) and peanut butter for almond/cashew butter. Both are more pricey than the unhealthier options, but taste great and are a fine substitute.

Salty snacks are probably the thing I should eliminate. Chips, crackers, etc. I'm thinking I can substitute almonds, cashews, and pretzels and probably save myself a lot of calories.

I'm nearly 0 on bread and wheat in general when I diet. If I didn't love it so much I would keep it up because I feel so much better even if I don't consider the weight loss.

Maxed out at 250

Good stuff Dale, we pretty much have the same body type, I max out at 240.

At 225 now, 200 is a pipe dream but 210 would be ideal.

• Like 1

Ok Guys, Looks like we have 8 in, and 6 for money. Let's just go $20 each. I think my motivation will come from having to post weekly updates here more so than the money anyway :)

Dubey

Arp

Wayne

Steve (did you confirm you are in for $?)

Josh

Ollie

Zach (not for $)

Pez (not for $)

Please post your starting weight on Monday (or whenever you can). I will post a link in the OP probably on Tuesday with a google docs spreadsheet that will track our progress. This should be fun, good luck everyone! If anyone else wants in, just make a post before Monday.

Official start date: Monday, April 11th

Official finish date: Monday, July 4th

• Like 1

ya so I binge ate all weekend... ended it off with a big ol greasy cheeseburger, fries, and a shake.

may have some left over pizza before bed, too.

then it's clean eatin' all the way to August!

gl all. I'll post my weigh in tomorrow am.

I ate poorly this weekend due to the Sportscard Expo occurring. I don't eat well and always get a hot dog for lunch during the 3 days. I then pig out at dinner. Chinese buffet on Saturday and Chicken/Ribs at Swiss Chalet tonight.

I feel skinny however but let's go.

Had burgers and beers on Friday and ate pizza yesterday and today. Been working on meal prep all afternoon. Ready to do this. I'll post my initial weigh-in tomorrow at some point.

I'm probably going to take a before picture, a weekly picture, and an end result picture. I'll post those at the end though.

• Like 1

Thursday - Holy Chuck burger with grilled cheese buns and fries for dinner, nachos and cheese at a networking event immediately after

Friday - Dangerous Dan's Big Pig burger, poutine, milkshake

Saturday - A&W for lunch, fancy doughnuts for a snack, Pizza Pizza for dinner (ate a full medium pizza + 8 jalepeno poppers)

Sunday - Kraft Dinner (Mac & Cheese for you Yanks) for lunch, Burger Stomper cheeseburger, fries, milkshake for dinner, and for a snack I'll eat the rest of my sister's pizza from yesterday.

Looking back on that... good god.

Monday - Deli turkey, cheddar, mustard, romaine on 12-grain wheat bread + romaine, raddichio, carrots, broccoli, red peppers, grape tomatoes, cucumber salad with a sun-dried tomato vinaigrette, and a vanilla Greek yogurt.

That's my standard lunch. Dinner is tbd, but I'll keep it under 1k calories. If I can stay around 1800-2000 calories, even without any exercise, I should lose some pounds.

No more buying cookies or chips for the house, because I just have no self control. I'll finish a package of cookies in one sitting. Same with chips and popcorn, etc. Not good for me. Going to get some fruit for snacking. Right now I have kiwis in the fridge. I can't get enough kiwis in my life. Why can't I find kiwi yogurt anymore? Used to love it when I was a kid.

Thursday - Holy Chuck burger with grilled cheese buns and fries for dinner, nachos and cheese at a networking event immediately after

Friday - Dangerous Dan's Big Pig burger, poutine, milkshake

Saturday - A&W for lunch, fancy doughnuts for a snack, Pizza Pizza for dinner (ate a full medium pizza + 8 jalepeno poppers)

Sunday - Kraft Dinner (Mac & Cheese for you Yanks) for lunch, Burger Stomper cheeseburger, fries, milkshake for dinner, and for a snack I'll eat the rest of my sister's pizza from yesterday.

4dpswbt2-1337230150.jpg