Fcp Summer 2016 Weight Loss Challenge

Sounds like a lot of work to be honest, I wouldn't even know how to do that. What's the macro count in a can of Guinness?

Had another good day on day 2. No snacking missteps. played another 18 holes. Drove again but the 60 km/h winds definitely added some strain to the walking that I did do, felt pretty tired/worn out after. Didn't eat dinner till almost 9 because of the golf, but it was a really healthy dinner of baked chicken breast, quinoa, and cauliflower. Also had 2 cans of Guinness on the golf course.

only 3,000 steps + whatever I walked on the golf course.

golf-brag: I was struggling with the wind and my swing on the front nine. Had a bit of a slice that the wind was just completely eating up and making 10x worse. Shot 49 on the front nine. Made a swing adjustment on the back nine and fixed the slice. shot 36 on the back nine.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

opening weight: 194.8 week 1: 192.0 week 2: 188.2 week 3: 186.0 week 4: 184.2 week 5: 180.4 week 6: 176.8 week 7: 177.8 week 8: 174.6 week 9: n/a week 10: 173.4

Opening weigh in: 278.6 Week 1: 277.1 Week 2: 272.3 Week 3: 268.7 Week 4: 263.9 Week 5/6: 265.1 Week 7: 262.0 Week 8: 260.5 Week 9: 257.6

Opening weigh in: 278.6 Week 1: 277.1 Week 2: 272.3 Week 3: 268.7 Week 4: 263.9 Week 5/6: 265.1 Week 7: 262.0

I'm not off to a great start as far as eating goes, especially dinners... but I picked up a digital food scale today. My sister had one when we lived together and I think it helped me a lot when I lost all that weight two summers ago.

So, I was able to calculate how many calories were in my standard lunch. Looks like it's about 800, and it's very filling. I could probably cut 100 out and have it as a snack later, but my yogurt is kind "dessert" replacement. (Also, switching to low-fat cheese would save me about 75 calories)

Sandwich is about 500, salad is about 200, though it depends heavily on the dressing used, of course, could be as low as about 125 or so. I figure about 100 calories in veggies, plus the dressing, which I switch up, but always the low-cal/low-fat version.

Sticking with mustard instead of chipotle mayo saves like a thousand calories per sandwich, obviously. May treat myself to that every once in a while, because I will need to switch it up eventually.

Anyways, the scale is nice to have. Helps to know exactly how much that cheese is adding to the sandwich, etc.

200 cals for breakfast, 800 cals for lunch, 1000 for dinner... 2000 calories a day will be a negative net for me, I think. Avoiding excessive snacking will be important. Realistically, I think 2500 is about my breakeven rate for calories before any supplemental exercise. I also just finished getting my bike fixed up, so I'll start biking to work as early as next week, depending on the weather. At the very least, I'm going to go for a ride downtown this weekend before the Pens game on Saturday.

I feel like I am doing ok so far, not eating perfectly but not snacking too terribly and have managed three gym sessions. Unfortunately I re-injured my ankle a month back and have a scan on Tuesday to see if surgery is required to fix it up - 3rd time in 15 months doing the same injury. As a result I'm doing weights primarily so although I'll lose fat, I may not lose so much weight.

In terms of weight loss, high intensity interval training is fantastic for those who can. Do 12x30 intense effort seconds of something that'll get your heart racing - high knees, skipping, star jumps, boxing - with a 45 second breather in between each one. It'll be really hard at first but after a week you'll find you are feeling much fitter and the weight will start dropping off.

I've been doing well so far. Been sticking to a consistent meal plan. around 1800-2000 calories per day, though I definitely don't calorie count. I think my break-even is around 2700.

Haven't done any heavy workouts (and probably never will), but I've done three 2km soccer-mom walks, pushing a stroller lol, and played 2 rounds of golf.

Haven't broken any of my rules, only "cheating" I've done is 6 cans of beer throughout the week. (2 each with my golf rounds, and 2 while watching that atrocity of a hockey game last night. I could have used 8 for the hockey game)

I'll probably lose 5+ lbs the first week mostly just water weight.

I'll be lucky not to gain a pound.

Bought a new bike late last summer so I ordered biking shorts, gloves, digital speedo. I have to give up running sadly as I kept getting injured and I'm still weeks off from being able to run do I think I'll become one of those douchy bikers ;)

After all that, all I got was...

Steve: "I'm going to become one of those douchy bikers"

Zach: "Nice!"

:)

nice to see the updates, well done guys.

I've been good so far, especially in terms of watching what I eat.

went and played basketball last night, and somehow managed to do it without really using my right arm too much. lol. This shoulder injury is incredibly frustrating, its looking like surgery is my only option, and its really bringing me down. I'm hoping to become one of those treadmill people in the meantime, but really, I get so bored on that thing, I really need some kind of motivation to keep on it.

anyone got any tips for a long video of mixed uptempo music on youtube, need something to keep me on the treadmill.

I'm off to a pretty good start so far. Been sticking to my meal and snack plans and haven't really strayed from either all week. I really thought it would be hard to stay away from all the junk food, but that doesn't really seem to be the case so far.

I'm probably just trying to convince myself of this to make the whole transition easier, but I feel like my body is already adjusting to being fueled by good foods versus the crap I normally eat. I can't really explain it except to say I have more energy and I feel like I am more alert/aware. Even if this is purely psychological, it is still awesome because it makes me even more motivated to keep going and see what kind of results I can get.

I'm definitely slacking on the exercise portion of my overall plan. I have went on a few walks in the evening, but have yet to do anything I would consider physically demanding. I eventually plan to start biking, jogging, and playing my usual amount of golf, but my schedule is pretty brutal right now trying to juggle work and school. I graduate in a few weeks though so its only temporary.

I'm down a few pounds already and from previous experience, I tend to lose weight quickly once I get going. Pretty excited to see what the scale says on Monday morning.

I can't really explain it except to say I have more energy and I feel like I am more alert/aware. Even if this is purely psychological, it is still awesome because it makes me even more motivated to keep going and see what kind of results I can get.

I feel this same way when I ween myself off breads(gluten)+dairy. I would not be surprised if someone told me someday that I should have a gluten and dairy free diet, both my digestion and mental state are greatly improved when I am off those things.

anybody else's body start falling apart at 31?

I'm assembling Ikea crap, lots of twisty motions involved, and all of a sudden my arm is just finished with it. Feels like tendonitis or something. Maybe mixed with sever cramping? But I think the former more likely because it didn't hurt, except when I rotated my forearm. Brutal. And I have like 5 more friggen things to build this weekend.

also last night, I moved a bunch of my old keys off my key ring, and added my new keys... hurt under my nail, and my entire thumb has been in pain all day.

wtf is happening to me

While I haven't had any serious injuries to date, 28 is the number where I really started to feel like I was an old man. That was the age where I went from being able to play pickup football, basketball, etc. to playing old man sports like golf, slow-pitch softball, etc. My knees, ankles, and feet just can't take the beating from high intensity sports anymore. When I get out of bed in the morning, it is a symphony of cracking and popping lol.

I will say that I am fortunate that I have never had any back issues. Not once have I ever had to go the chiropractor or suffered any kind of discomfort caused by back pain. Seems like people who injure their back never fully recover from it.

I "threw out my back" for the first time a few months ago. Just felt a twinge picking up my monster of a kid. Felt a little uncomfortable the rest of the night, woke up the next morning and could barely walk, it sucked. was basically out of commission for a week. I hope it doesn't become an issue for me in the future.

Other than that, my body seems to be ok for the most part, though I do very little in the way of "impact" working out. I played rec hockey for the first time in several years this year, and despite being horribly out of shape at the start, the aches and pains weren't too bad at all.

Walked 9,000 steps yesterday, just took a slightly longer route on my mom walk.

Having company over tonight for a steak dinner. My caloric intake will definitely be higher, but I think the meal will still be generally healthy.

Next weekend will be my first real road bump. It's a yearly poker weekend I do with some buddies in Banff. Basically a weekend of sitting around playing poker and drinking and eating unhealthy then we go out for dinner and the bar on Saturday night. I'm just going to limit the amount of really salty food I eat and drink exclusively Guinness instead of whisky/coke. My goal for week 2 is breakeven.

Just did an hour on the treadmill while watching the Raptors.

God I hate running on a treadmill. I can run for hours playing basketball/soccer, I have the stamina thankfully, but running on a treadmill bores me to death and want to get off in 10min. Its all about the exercise, I hate that I'm not "enjoying" it.

Going out tonight and will probably drink, so I wanted to try to alleviate the coming sugar intake.

Locked myself out of the house with no money or phone 10 minutes after Liz left for 4-5 hrs to take Jin o we to her parents. Rode my bike 12 miles to let her know. :/

This is so funny that I have no words to respond.

Didn't have the most amazing weekend. No Slip ups or unhealthy food, just lots of it.

Friday was good. Had a couple glasses of wine in the evening.

Saturday was good in the day. Had some friends over for dinner. Had about a 10 oz tenderloin steak, 5 scallops cooked in butter, some BBQ'd red pepper, ceasar salad, and potatoes. Nothing really bad but a lot of food. Also drank 3 guinness and 2 glasses of wine. These nights I'm just going to accept. I'm making good decisions in a lot of spots where I wasn't before, I'm not going to cut back on evenings like this. That was just a great night that enhances my life. Eating a chocolate bar and bag of chips at work does not enhance my life in any way, and that is what I'm cutting out.

Today was good for the most part. Went to my parents house for brunch. ate quite a bit more than I normally would at that time of the day. had a left over steak and pepper for dinner. Spent an hour and a half cleaning out my garage in the afternoon (never would have been motivated to do this in the past, honestly), spent a half hour shooting some hoops, just messing around, then went bowling in the evening. Nothing too strenuous, but a pretty active day.

I'm very interested in how my weigh in is going to go tomorrow morning.

Steps this week:

Monday: 6,024

tuesday: 2,994

wednesday: 6,215

Thursday: 3,060

Friday: 9,180

Saturday: 4,274

Sunday: 5,541

(does not include 36 holes of golf, or bowling or cleaning my garage today, since I did not have my phone with me for those things)

Gained .5 lbs

My steps

Mon 3122

Tues 2447

Wed 5307

Thu 3519

Fri 9510

Sat 2259 plus 12 mile bike ride w no Fitbit

Sun 7540

Weather got nice Friday. So activity should increase.

Eating is the issue. And don't know if I can rectify it. Lunch is difficult because it's my free 2 hours that I need to use to get errands done so I eat crap. I hate breakfast. If I eat anything it's toast. Maybe oatmeal if I feel adventurous. Dinner is a time I can eat better if I'm not at some event. Last week was two bday dinners and Jins gotcha day dinner.

This week I have 3 bday dinners. 2 for me and another for a friend. So dinners are going to be shit. Hopefully the bike riding will help and now the weather is nice more walks to the park and running around there with Jin.

I'll be lucky to lose 1 lbs

It has been hard for me to do anything since I have been running around with my head cut off at this time of year

More time to focus on this will occur in May