Fcp Summer 2016 Weight Loss Challenge

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

opening weight: 194.8 week 1: 192.0 week 2: 188.2 week 3: 186.0 week 4: 184.2 week 5: 180.4 week 6: 176.8 week 7: 177.8 week 8: 174.6 week 9: n/a week 10: 173.4

Opening weigh in: 278.6 Week 1: 277.1 Week 2: 272.3 Week 3: 268.7 Week 4: 263.9 Week 5/6: 265.1 Week 7: 262.0 Week 8: 260.5 Week 9: 257.6

Opening weigh in: 278.6 Week 1: 277.1 Week 2: 272.3 Week 3: 268.7 Week 4: 263.9 Week 5/6: 265.1 Week 7: 262.0

177.5 lbs

Goal 168

In for pride as I'm still not fully mobile and probably won't be for another week. Being old sucks because it clearly takes longer to heal. Also didn't help stubbing my bad toes yesterday. :/

Um, my binge eating didn't take.

259.0. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My weight fluctuates so much through the day. When it said 270-something I weighed myself in the evening. Lol. I'll have to consistently weigh myself first thing in the am.

First day was good:

Shake for breakfast. Something called Shakeology which is some ridiculously expensive stuff my wife has, which apparently has all of your daily fruits + vegetable servings, plus a bunch of other good stuff. Certainly not as good as just making a smoothie with healthy ingredients, but it is very easy to do, which is important for me, as it increases the likelihood of making it a regular part of my routine. I'm doing 1 scoop of the powder mix with water and ice, a half banana, and a little bit of peanut butter (for protein and flavour, as it's kinda gross on it's own). All in a blender. It tastes pretty good with the banana/PB in there, and is actually really filling.

Carrot Sticks and trail Mix for morning snack.

18 holes of Golf (didn't walk though)

2 Cans of Guinness on the golf course

Rice crackers and Hummus for afternoon snack after golf

BBQ'd Pork Chops, Corn, and Green Salad for dinner.

2 KM walk after dinner. Total step count of 6,000 for the day, not including golf as I didn't have my phone in my pocket

No evening snacks - This was the hardest part. It was the only time I really wanted to eat something unhealthy. Partly due to habit, partly probably due to eating less than 2k calories in the day for the first time in a long time.

Also actually made myself a lunch before I went to bed, which I'm going to try to do every day.

Also actually made myself a lunch before I went to bed, which I'm going to try to do every day.

Yeah, this is a game changer. Been doing this for a month or two now.

Simply no chance I get up and do it in the am.

My secondary goal, which should help contribute to my primary goal is:

Zero refined sugars. No candy, ice cream, chocolate, pop, donuts etc.. and nothing from the vending machine at work for the full 3 months.

My initial weigh in today: 216.4lbs

That numbers a little "Zached" thanks to a trip to Miami on the extended weekend. Too much drinking and late night eating, and then gorging last night after a flight. I hate to eat before I fly, prefer to grab a meal after, and that was at 1am.

My goals are:

1. To get to 190lbs by June 3rd (Vegas)

2. To stay at 190lbs by July 4th

Ill be giving up until June 3rd:

- Sugar, White flour, most breads, pasta, pizza.

- Any pop or juice, diet or otherwise. I'm convinced diet drinks make you gain weight.

- severly restricting my alcohol consumption

Ive mentioned this before, but I love the idea of us sharing tips on what works for us, so Ill say it again:

Things that work for me are giving up the items I mentioned, PLUS...

-daily weigh in

-breakfast made of fruits, and proteins

-lunch is heavy protein of tuna, with mustard

-light dinner, no snacking

in time, I get very used to this routine. Good luck to all of you, I look forward to all of us being healthier, and living longer.

• Like 1

Personally, I like a weekly weigh-in. I end up looking forward to it on Monday morning, and it keeps me accountable on the weekend, and I like seeing a big chunk come off, rather than fractions of a lb per day.

• Like 1

Arp, do you just do Tuna in a can? I've never had it to be honest but I love fish, and I'm definitely looking for healthy meal alternatives for lunch time.

My go-to is usually just a multi-grain wrap with a bit of cheese, lunch meat, and mustard. Not particularly healthy by any stretch, but it's just what I have/know how to make that is a reasonable amount of food to eat at lunch.

Ya, can.

You arent "supposed" to eat a lot of tuna because of the mercury content, but its my staple for healthy and easy at work.

I buy these cans from Costco, its "Oceans" brand, Albacore flaked white tuna. Two cans a day, plus mustard when Im trying to lose weight, other times I will add mayo+ a few craisins, but thats a lot of fat+sugar so I mostly stay away.

My key to staying away from sugar and breads is to really stay off it completely, or as close as possible. A wrap here or there suddenly has me craving more at night. If I stay away morning+afternoon, I can easily have a healthy meal at night, and not be hungry at all after 7/8pm. I find thats a key for me too.

I suck. The last two days I've not had 10 minutes to myself. Yesterday I had McDonalds for lunch because after getting Jin fed and ready and taking him to school I had errands to run and had to eat while driving. Dinner I had Taco Bell but I got a lot less Than usual (3 hard tacos) because I had more errands to run after Liz got home. And she got home super late.

Then today I dropped Jin off then had to go to a parent/teacher conference for an hour then had to get meat for dinner and presents for Jin for his gotcha day and now sitting at school waiting for his bus. My lunch is mms and a Coke.

Amazing I'm not 200 lbs tbqh.

Sigh. Wonder what my step counts are. Let me check that.

3,122 steps yesterday

1881 today

Double sigh.

I suck. The last two days I've not had 10 minutes to myself. Yesterday I had McDonalds for lunch because after getting Jin fed and ready and taking him to school I had errands to run and had to eat while driving. Dinner I had Taco Bell but I got a lot less Than usual (3 hard tacos) because I had more errands to run after Liz got home. And she got home super late.

Then today I dropped Jin off then had to go to a parent/teacher conference for an hour then had to get meat for dinner and presents for Jin for his gotcha day and now sitting at school waiting for his bus. My lunch is mms and a Coke.

Amazing I'm not 200 lbs tbqh.

Sigh. Wonder what my step counts are. Let me check that.

3,122 steps yesterday

1881 today

Double sigh.

In my younger days I lived on Mcds, Taco Bell and coke.

My actual weight loss won't happen until I start biking every day again. It's going to be slow to get going. My work is at the top of a hill now. I need to figure out how to tackle that. I'll need to bring a change of clothes or something.

If you guys really are serious about losing weight, I'll tell you the secret in 3 words.

Count your macros.

A good ratio when losing weight might be 60P/30F/10C.

In other words, 60% of your caloric intake will be protein, 30 from fats (healthy kinds), and 10 from carbs. Want a Snickers? Go for it, as long as it fits within your macros.