Fcp Player Of The Year For 2010

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My initial reaction was Gibler hands down because of his HUGE PCA score. It was a great sweat for the community. But then as I went through the thread Mr Sparco's named surfaced. His WSOP bracelet score was equally fantastic. And the fact that he's a very active member in the forums vaulted him to the top as well. A lot of people want to disqualify Gibler because he doesn't post as frequently as he once did. But there maybe reasons why he no longer posts that we are not aware of. Money changes people. And I'm not talking about Gibler. Just sayin. I'm not too familiar with the other possible choices but their accomplishments make them viable candidates as well. That being said, I think it's a two horse race. My choice was based on the most important factor - Their avatars. Wile E. Coyote > Kimmy Gibler

Sparco/Dink/TA13/Gibler for nominations.Also:Joke acct: JebronLamesFCP Female POY: DixiUsed to be serious poster now just trolls: TehtoeBest poster that never posts: NvrquitBest Spam Item : Air JordansWhat Ever Happened To? Award: Fornicator1

FCP Female POY: Dixi
its rivergirl ainecdixi close 2ndthen a bunch of those lovely ladies who post in otI think I'm forgetting someone but that person should still be ranked behind all these girls

Thanks for mention guys but Rose IS going to the PCA and I'm not. Mr Sparco gets my vote and Rose for her PCA package win and good late showing in the PSWL. Honestly don't know enough about the others to say.

I vote for Sparco, slightly over Dink/Gibler because of the bracelet. If anybody here wins a bracelet, that should really be an automatic, no? If Jesse still posted here, well then that would be a tough decision.
gg Outsider

lol at best Spam item

Sparco/Dink/TA13/Gibler for nominations.Also:Joke acct: JebronLamesFCP Female POY: DixiUsed to be serious poster now just trolls: TehtoeBest poster that never posts: NvrquitBest Spam Item : Air JordansWhat Ever Happened To? Award: Fornicator1

Thanks for all the kind words and nominations! Definitely some good suggestions so far; I think Gib and Dink should certainly be on the list.I'm not sure if "best year in poker" equals "biggest scores". If not, there are also a few players who started in the micros this year, have learned and improved tremendously, and are now on their way to owning the midstakes. That certainly constitutes a great year to me. KingJames and Stupidhead are the first two that come to mind.

Thanks for all the kind words and nominations! Definitely some good suggestions so far; I think Gib and Dink should certainly be on the list.I'm not sure if "best year in poker" equals "biggest scores". If not, there are also a few players who started in the micros this year, have learned and improved tremendously, and are now on their way to owning the midstakes. That certainly constitutes a great year to me. KingJames and Stupidhead are the first two that come to mind.
I like both of these for sure.
This is a great post. Maybe some changes are made to poty format?I think a lot can be said about giving kudos to player(s) like kj who are blazing the grinding trail and progressing with good results. As always tho, another good sparco post itt. When I say "not gib" I don't mean it with any disdain. If sparco didn't win a bracelet....yeah....world series bracelet, id have prolly said gib. its tough because the florida state title really was a monster cherry on a pretty epic year.....I take it back...i really don't know anymore.Then hearing of dink's nosebleed exploits....It is a really close race. That said this just shines well on fcp as a whole! I mean ffs....I've learned to chip a steady profit and play much smarter in the last two years. This is a good place :club:
This is a great post. Maybe some changes are made to poty format?I think a lot can be said about giving kudos to player(s) like kj who are blazing the grinding trail and progressing with good results. As always tho, another good sparco post itt. When I say "not gib" I don't mean it with any disdain. If sparco didn't win a bracelet....yeah....world series bracelet, id have prolly said gib. its tough because the florida state title really was a monster cherry on a pretty epic year.....I take it back...i really don't know anymore.Then hearing of dink's nosebleed exploits....It is a really close race. That said this just shines well on fcp as a whole! I mean ffs....I've learned to chip a steady profit and play much smarter in the last two years. This is a good place :club:
It would be nice to see a couple extra categories, almost like an FCP Year End Awards. Best Up-and-Coming Player, Best FCPer who lost their way, Best Overall Player, etc. Help bring to light some of the peeps who had huge years in their own right, for the limits they played. Until that were the case, Gib, Sparcco, and Dink are the clear 3, but in my mind Gib is the clear #1. WSOP bracelets are nice, but at the end of the day you play poker for money. Gib won a big time tourney with the PCA and 2.2 mil, and then won the tournament at the end of the year for 330k. That doesn't even count all the countless final tables he made throughout the year online. As everyone said he has fallen off a bit in his posting, but its not like he pulled a JC and just stopped posting completely when he reached a moderate level of success. He still comes on here and posts, he's super humble, and the results speak for themselves. Sparcco and Dink had great years, but Gib had the BEST year.
I especially looove what James and Fighter and company are doing in the Movin On Up thread; There is some gold to be found in there.
Did you post something of quality in between all of the beats/brags and variance posts????
I'm not sure if "best year in poker" equals "biggest scores". If not, there are also a few players who started in the micros this year, have learned and improved tremendously, and are now on their way to owning the midstakes. That certainly constitutes a great year to me. KingJames and Stupidhead are the first two that come to mind.
It is a really close race. That said this just shines well on fcp as a whole! I mean ffs....I've learned to chip a steady profit and play much smarter in the last two years. This is a good place :club:
Well, I think the bolded is true! As "slow" or "dead" as ppl want to call this place, there are a lot of us who recognize, accept and <3 FCP for what it is. I also really like MSP and some of the other posters, who aren't in with some of the "cliques" but contribute in a positive way and make FCP awesome.I appreciate those who have nominated me, but I think I have been sufficiently recognized through featured member. I really think POY should be for a high-stakes grinder or MTT scores.DinkDonkMrSpacroGibletBellaireDrew
I nominate KingJames
You're just a silly *****Also, if ppl argue that gib can't win as he doesn't post much anymore, does that mean Lurbz can't win 2010 Troll of the year bc he has really cut back his posting? He still gets my vote fwiw.
In the interest of full disclosure, I took a shot at 500/1k tonight and lost $21,760. Factor that into your decisions as you will. :club:
So you lost one pot?Even though I don't know what a lurbz is, I am surprised that it hasn't been nominated yet.