Fcp Player Of The Year For 2010

Sparco is the only one in my mind.....that's chiefly because I don't have the underlying relationships on here as to know about what players are just killing nosebleed stake games, etc.
I don't want to get tooooo specific or anything, but I suppose it can't hurt too much to say that I made ~$215k online in ~57k hands before bonuses or anything. I'll give a little more detail if I'm nominated, but basically I played very low volume and ran very well at my highest stakes ($200/400 LHE.)
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to get tooooo specific or anything, but I suppose it can't hurt too much to say that I made ~$215k online in ~57k hands before bonuses or anything. I'll give a little more detail if I'm nominated, but basically I played very low volume and ran very well at my highest stakes ($200/400 LHE.)
Limit Holdem isn't real poker though.Edit: They just click buttons and hope they're good.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerPokerStars Limit Hold'em $1000/$2000 - 6 playersSB JesusLebtNOT: $40,000.00 BB Lanceryosuke: $96,606.00 UTG BABYHAN: $35,185.00 UTG+1 BRAZZMONKEY: $84,678.00 CO Himan33: $71,445.00 Button BUTCH ACIDY: $38,945.00 Preflop: (1.50 SB) (6 players)BABYHAN raises, BRAZZMONKEY 3-bets, 4 folds, BABYHAN callsFlop: (7.50 SB) :D:ts:4h (2 players)BABYHAN checks, BRAZZMONKEY bets, BABYHAN raises, BRAZZMONKEY callsTurn: (5.75 BB) :club: (2 players)BABYHAN bets, BRAZZMONKEY raises, BABYHAN callsRiver: (9.75 BB) :3h (2 players)BABYHAN checks, BRAZZMONKEY bets, BABYHAN callsBABYHAN showed :D:qh, and won ($23495) with a pair of FoursBRAZZMONKEY showed :jh:5c, and lost with a pair of FoursBABYHAN won $23495(Rake: $5)
I was going to suggest you Dink but I had a faint memory/thought that you'd already turned this down in the past. My bad.
It's not that I turned it down, I just thought Gibler was a better candidate last year. FWIW, I think Sparco is the best candidate this year and he will get my vote pretty much regardless of who is nominated. I don't mind being nominated, though.
Bob, I want in that game sooooo bad. If it was 500/1k, I'd probably take the shot. Maybe when I'm crushing 1k/2k in 2011, I'll vote for myself. :club:
I'll give you a thousand to help the cause :ts

Here's my take on things.The recongnition is for the Player of the Year for entire year of 2010. Gibler was pretty active at FCP for the first half of the year but hasn't posted that much over the last half of the year. Even when he hasn't been posting he's been lurking and reading still. I PM'd him a couple weeks ago and he still considers himself part of the FCP Community even when he hasn't been posting.That being said I think it's completely valid for somebody to factor in that somebody hasn't been that active recently when they make their vote.

Bob, I want in that game sooooo bad. If it was 500/1k, I'd probably take the shot. Maybe when I'm crushing 1k/2k in 2011, I'll vote for myself. :club:
Funny how times change. That game is being built around BABYHAN who 4 years ago was crushing the big limit games on Stars. The minute he sits out the game will break.
DinkDonk since he hasn't even been a featured member of the month. That annoys me so much.
That will change.You know I have a soft spot for limit holdem players. Every time that it's made sense for us to make him Featured Member it's been during one of his hiatuses from FCP and we basically don't make somebody Featured Member if they haven't been active just before that month has started.
huh? Gib prob puts in more volume than Sparco and pretty much makes a FT every week, he didn't just ship the PCA...
I stand by my analogy.Sick stats Dink. p.s. hope you didn't take my post negatively. I was just seriously saying I don't have those closer relationships to know how good or bad individual players are playing besides the big scores.
Here's my take on things.The recongnition is for the Player of the Year for entire year of 2010. Gibler was pretty active at FCP for the first half of the year but hasn't posted that much over the last half of the year. Even when he hasn't been posting he's been lurking and reading still. I PM'd him a couple weeks ago and he still considers himself part of the FCP Community even when he hasn't been posting.That being said I think it's completely valid for somebody to factor in that somebody hasn't been that active recently when they make their vote.
gibler is reading and posting a little , check out the PCA threadHe also returned my PM, and we plan to have lunch or dinner together at the PCA.The hardest part it's a 3 way race Gibler, Mr Sparco and Dink Donk. Money wise gibler takes it down AINECBracelet Marcel Dink Donk great all round, even for a limit player lolBut Posting should count for at least 30% and participating on the forum
That will change.You know I have a soft spot for limit holdem players. Every time that it's made sense for us to make him Featured Member it's been during one of his hiatuses from FCP and we basically don't make somebody Featured Member if they haven't been active just before that month has started.
Yeah, I hold no hard feelings on this one. I know that most months it just makes sense to pick someone who had particularly good results that month (often a tournament player) and many months I'm just not around. I don't take it as an insult, it's just that there isn't a whole lot of exposure for LHE and (through my own efforts) not a whole lot of exposure on me in particular.I do still consider myself part of the FCP community, though, and I hope that eventually we get some new LHE discussion going. It's just that most of the time, there isn't much for me to either offer or receive. I have hopes for a bit of a revival, though. I especially looove what James and Fighter and company are doing in the Movin On Up thread; There is some gold to be found in there.
I stand by my analogy.Sick stats Dink. p.s. hope you didn't take my post negatively. I was just seriously saying I don't have those closer relationships to know how good or bad individual players are playing besides the big scores.
Not at all. I think you're an excellent poster, actually. I know that the biggest thing going against any candidacy I could possibly claim is that I've made it so that not much is known about me. I know (nearly) everything about me, though, and I still would vote for Sparco and Gibler above myself. The undeserved level of love I'm getting as it is, is more than enough recognition.Also, I think Rose's take on this is very good. It's hard to say that any one person is the clear-cut winner, it just depends on which factors you value.
Bob, I want in that game sooooo bad. If it was 500/1k, I'd probably take the shot. Maybe when I'm crushing 1k/2k in 2011, I'll vote for myself. :D
I hope that eventually we get some new LHE discussion going.
I think you had better study and discuss things a lot more before playing in this game.feral_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsPokerStars Limit Hold'em $1000/$2000 - 8 playersSB JesusLebtNOT: $76,218.00 BB BABYHAN: $9,630.00 UTG St1ckman: $65,178.00 UTG+1 BRAZZMONKEY: $85,148.00 MP Himan33: $74,425.00 HJ BUTCH ACIDY: $74,910.00 CO Lanceryosuke: $46,980.00 Button jama-dharma: $20,243.00 Preflop: (1.50 SB) (8 players)5 folds, jama-dharma raises, JesusLebtNOT 3-bets, BABYHAN calls, jama-dharma 4-bets, JesusLebtNOT calls, BABYHAN callsFlop: (12.00 SB) :ts:club::qh (3 players)JesusLebtNOT checks, BABYHAN checks, jama-dharma bets, JesusLebtNOT calls, BABYHAN raises, jama-dharma 3-bets, JesusLebtNOT calls, BABYHAN callsTurn: (10.50 BB) :4h (3 players)JesusLebtNOT checks, BABYHAN bets, jama-dharma calls, JesusLebtNOT callsRiver: (13.50 BB) :3h (3 players)JesusLebtNOT checks, BABYHAN bets, jama-dharma calls, JesusLebtNOT callsJesusLebtNOT muckedBABYHAN showed :5c:jh, and won ($28885) with two pair, Fives and Foursjama-dharma muckedBABYHAN won $28885(Rake: $5)
I think you had better study and discuss things a lot more before playing in this game.feral_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsPokerStars Limit Hold'em $1000/$2000 - 8 playersSB JesusLebtNOT: $76,218.00 BB BABYHAN: $9,630.00 UTG St1ckman: $65,178.00 UTG+1 BRAZZMONKEY: $85,148.00 MP Himan33: $74,425.00 HJ BUTCH ACIDY: $74,910.00 CO Lanceryosuke: $46,980.00 Button jama-dharma: $20,243.00 Preflop: (1.50 SB) (8 players)5 folds, jama-dharma raises, JesusLebtNOT 3-bets, BABYHAN calls, jama-dharma 4-bets, JesusLebtNOT calls, BABYHAN callsFlop: (12.00 SB) :ts:club::qh (3 players)JesusLebtNOT checks, BABYHAN checks, jama-dharma bets, JesusLebtNOT calls, BABYHAN raises, jama-dharma 3-bets, JesusLebtNOT calls, BABYHAN callsTurn: (10.50 BB) :4h (3 players)JesusLebtNOT checks, BABYHAN bets, jama-dharma calls, JesusLebtNOT callsRiver: (13.50 BB) :3h (3 players)JesusLebtNOT checks, BABYHAN bets, jama-dharma calls, JesusLebtNOT callsJesusLebtNOT muckedBABYHAN showed :5c:jh, and won ($28885) with two pair, Fives and Foursjama-dharma muckedBABYHAN won $28885(Rake: $5)
Meh, looks pretty simple. Dharma has AQ, AK, AJ, or Axhh and is trying to iso BabyHan on the flop with a likely best hand. Jesus has like 22,33, or AK/AQ and knows he has equity vs. a drawy range from BabyHan (who's cold-calling range hits tons of draws on this board) and a very, very wide flop value-3-bet range from Dharma. Dharma knows he can't value-bet the turn vs. two guys so he c/c. On the river, Dharma tries to get Jesus to fold a weak made hand that's better than his and Jesus tries to make the superstar overcall. EZ GAME.

Oh baby! such lol min-bet kittens&weed itt

BellaireDrew
He could certainly be in the conversation. Grinder SSNL/MSNL HU and Rush games which are getting ridiculously tough. He also is super with giving advice and commenting on hands. Same as Donk4Life, who I'm not as familiar with but I am pretty sure he crushes and I know he is a cutie. They both are

I was coming in here to nominate DinkDonk and Mr Sparco.I am glad that my opinions match the opinions of the rest of the community.