The Official Lethbridge Golden Seals Thread!

Dont work too hard because I don't think he does much for me anyway. I have decent forward depth, it's the D that is killing me. I am short on D many nights it looks like and the one's I have aren't that great.
let's talk about lydman. in another thread maybe.
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wow, you threw my own life motto right back at my face. well done.

News Release: February 7th, 2013   The Lethbridge Golden Seals have anounced 2 major trades in the last week.   Golden Seals acquire F Vincent Lecavalier from the Douchegators in exchange for Ales

I don't always reply to a post without quoting it, but when I do, I prefer it to be the first post on a new page.     /leastinterestingmanintheworld

why was no one this nice to me when conventional wisdom said I got raped for perron?
me NOT conventional wisdom.I liked your deal. I was the silver finished in that race for DP57.and that was after like 2/3yrs of on-off talks with Jay concerning him.
I know one FCHL GM who absolutely hates this trade but I don't mind it.
I forgot to quote this earlier. Interesting. Who? Tell me. NOW! :)I figured Arp would be mad at me for not shopping my parts around. :club:
I forgot to quote this earlier. Interesting. Who? Tell me. NOW! :)I figured Arp would be mad at me for not shopping my parts around. :club:
oh, it was me. I misunderstood the wording to mean you only got him through 11/12. like everyone else is saying, who cares, trade for the names you like seeing on your teamlydman for instance...
Historically in that range you're going to get a 2nd round caliber player that you have to pay $2 if and when you sign him (4 years into this league has anyone signed a prospect to an FCHL roster that came from the 10-15 spots? I don't believe so).
I just brought up Brassard and Hornqvist who i think were both taken around that point.My only gripe with the trade is that i made an offer for a guy which i thought was decent but now looks like shit. Drives up the trade price!
oh, it was me. I misunderstood the wording to mean you only got him through 11/12. like everyone else is saying, who cares, trade for the names you like seeing on your teamlydman for instance...
Yeah I am pretty lame when trading but not that lame. LOLLydman, eh. He is a defensman so that is worth something I guess.
hahaI worded it that way in hopes of getting this response.
Would you say that was more of a Set and Spike or a Give and Go?I miss high school volleyball.ps- I like that were f'ing up Dubey's thread.
Would you say that was more of a Set and Spike or a Give and Go?I miss high school volleyball.ps- I like that were f'ing up Dubey's thread.
Give and go. I sucked at volleyball.I think almost every single FCHL GM thread has a moment where things go haywire. Consider it part of his hazing.
Give and go. I sucked at volleyball.I think almost every single FCHL GM thread has a moment where things go haywire. Consider it part of his hazing.
I'll be honest, my favourite part of everyone's thread is when it goes haywire. Im proud to be a contributor to that non-conformity.

My HS volleyball coach must not have been a good recruiter, because my lanky ass never even got bugged to play on the high school team, and I certainly never volunteered. I wish I could say the same for the annoying basketball coach. "I can't shoot, I can't jump, I'm a slow runner, I'll choose hockey practice/game first every time and I hate basketball" didn't seem to persuade him.edit: damnit, now I'm contributing to the derail

Prospect updateLethbridge Top Prospect Joey hishon has 7 goals and 6 assists for 13 points in just 4 games played this year for the Owen Sound Attack of the OHL. He has missed significant time due to injury this year, but has 4 goals and 4 assists in his last two games since returning from injury. Lets hope he can stay healthy!

Breaking News!The Lethbridge Golden Seals and the Shaftsbury Wheat Ales have completed a blockbuster trade early Wednesday morning. After Weeks of discussions and rumours, the Golden Seals have acquired Superstar forward Daniel Sedin, as well as his salary for 2010/2011 and 2011/2012, in exchange for Blue Chip prospect Kyle Okposo. "We really feel that this gives us a solid chance at the FCHL title for the next two seasons." Said Dubey when reached for comment. "It was tough to let go of such a promising young player, but the oppurtunity to acquire a player like Sedin only comes along so often. Kyle Okposo's agent informed us that Kyle is very excited to be joining the Wheat Ales, who have a "very bright future". Daniel Sedin, on the other hand, was audibly upset when we reached him at his home this morning. "first, a free agent signing, and now a trade, and I'm still not playing with my brother, wtf is wrong with this league?"

Crazy Finish to tonight's game.I went into the late game with a big lead and Seto + Parise vs. Thornton and langenbrunner.Thornton scores 3 goals and 2 assists to give Biatch a half-point lead, but Parise comes through with a late assist to tie it back up (OT win for me)Turns out, the difference in this game was 2 empty net goals. 1 against the Islanders earlier which cost Biatch a half point, and one for the Bolts, which gave Stamkos (my OT player) his third assist of the game.The Seals' winning streak now stands at 7, although I've been very fortunate in my last 2 games to come out with victories.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Trade for the Seals today.Golden Seals Trade:Kyle Turris (farm)2012 2nd round pick2013 2nd round pick$1.50 in 2012/2013 capBlindsides Trade:2011 1st round pickJarome Iginla ($14)$13.50 in 2010 capMy thoughts on the valuation:I put Ollie's 1st somewhere in the 3-8 range. I think If Turris were available in this year's draft, he'd probably go 1-3, depending on who had the top picks. So I think Turris has more value than Ollie's pick, but I'm not personally super high on Turris, and I'd just as soon have some 'home grown" talent that I draft myself. I also think Iginla is probably worth a bit more than the 2 second rounders, which should be closer to 3rd rounders. overall, the value is pretty close, with him maybe having a slight edge. I'm counting on Iginla to turn his season around. He should help replace some of Parise's production while he is injured, and hopefully give me the boost I need to win in the playoffs. If Iginla has a terrible season and I don't win the championship, Ollie wins this trade. The other possible downside to this trade is it puts me at the cap limit for this year, so I've basically made my final trade of the year. There's a chance that there will be a player(s) better than Iginla available for a similar price later in the season, and I won't be able to make a play for him, but that is the chance I am taking here.

Well, my upgrade/retool is complete. I doubt I'll be making any more roster moves for awhile.I inherited a very good team. Looking at the rosters when I first started, I figured to be a top 3 team for 2 years, and a decent foundation for 12/13, afterwhich most of my contracts are over. My farm team had some very good players, but it was low on numbers.My goal was to make my team better this year and next year without significantly mortgaging the future.Since I took over:Out:Kyle turrisKyle Okposo2011 2nd2012 2nd2013 2ndJohan Franzen ($0.25 $0.25 $0.25)Paul Martin ($2.25 $2.25)In:Daniel Sedin ($3.75 $4)Jarome Iginla ($14)Kimmo Timmonen ($1.75 $1.75)Alex Steen ($0.50 $0.50 $0.50)Royal Oak 1st rounder 2011Blindsides 1st rounder 2011Royal oak 4th rounder 2011Kyle Beach

I'm not sure about this deal. It isn't a bad one value-wise, just seems unnecessary to give up an elite prospect for someone who is what, your #4-5 forward? Mainly I don't like it for the same reason you give - with contracts winding down and you and Jay having such dominating teams, there will be teams selling cheap at the deadline. Someone like Turris could fetch pretty much anyone, and then some!

Well, the starting point for Turris was the first round pick, which has a decent chance to be a player of Turris' calibre. I didn't really see it as giving up Turris for Iginla. I saw it more like turris for the 1st, and Iginla for the two 2nds. Turris was worth more than the first, Iginla was worth more than the two 2nds, so it even'd out.I didn't want to trade Turris straight across for a roster player on a 1 or 2 year contract. I wanted to trade him in a deal that brought me back a pick that could potentially turn into an impact player, and get a player who can help my team win now as well. I don't know, maybe I just talked myself into this one. I still don't hate it though.

Naw, not terrible of course. Getting the first is big, as I think it is more valuable than two 2nds. Still, even though I'm not much of a Turris fan, he is definitely more valuable than Ollie's pick, even if it is just because others would overvalue him.Guess you really took my 'evidence' that his lack of a 22-goal rookie year meant he would never be a star :club: Mainly I'm just bitter because I think your moves put you in such a dominating position this year, and I think this is a step farther than necessary. I prefer to be beaten by someone very good, and if (in my mind) this was not an excellent move, it means I'm being beaten by someone slightly less awesome. In turn, this suggests I am less awesome.It still impresses me how thoroughly the Nell/Dubey combination has beaten me. We had the same strategy, the same opportunities. Look at the rosters now, and look at our farm teams. I mean, that is just absolute domination.

This was a deal that made a lot of sense for me on a few levels.My view was that I was moving my 1st this year for Turris. I figure my first will be in the 5-8 region unless i Arp the lottery should i not make the playoffs. I think if Turris was to reenter this draft, he still goes top 3, so that is a good swap.Iginla has a big salary and there are very few teams that could take him on, therefore i didn't feel i would get a 1st for him. To get 2 seconds was therefore the next best I could hope for and i managed to do that. Also, as i had just picked up 4 1st round prospects last year, i could afford to move my 1st out and not be too disadvantaged. Given that in the next 2 years I am likely to call up Couture, Turris, Anisimov, Bergfors, Carlson and Franson, it works out well that I can restock the farm with 2 picks when those guys get promoted.A key to this deal was me being able to get Eric Cole for cheap, as he was a guy that was expensive enough to get me over the min cap but whose contract runs out this year and who can still offer some production. Getting him and Kovalev for a combined 5th rounder should cover Iginla's production and not leave me worse off this year when i still intend to continue my playoff streak!