The Official Lethbridge Golden Seals Thread!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wow, you threw my own life motto right back at my face. well done.

News Release: February 7th, 2013   The Lethbridge Golden Seals have anounced 2 major trades in the last week.   Golden Seals acquire F Vincent Lecavalier from the Douchegators in exchange for Ales

I don't always reply to a post without quoting it, but when I do, I prefer it to be the first post on a new page.     /leastinterestingmanintheworld

I actually think, IF Cole is healthy, he might outpoint Iginla. Big if, and big might, but I think Cole could really suprise this year. And lol @ "arp the lottery".
The man's the Tim Taylor of hockey... no way he stays healthy.
The man's the Tim Taylor of hockey... no way he stays healthy.
Im not trying to make money off it, but I actually believe in him enough to bet it this year given the right odds. What I mean is, I think he is in the best shape he has been in in years, and has prepared his body for the rigours of the season. He could get hurt just like anyone else, but I dont think it will be things like his back/hip this year.(this might all be a lot of hope+prayer, but he really does look different this year)
What kind of odds would you be looking for on a Cole/Iginla bet (no GP min)?
no min gp? that really changes the odds for me. Im not that great on this stuff, but prob like 2-1 with a min gp of like 65.Without GP min., maybe 3.5-1?what were you thinking?

I'd do 3-1 with no GP min for either player.Nothing major, just for fun. say.. your $10 to my $30? Total points for the year including games already played (I haven't even checked who is ahead). If they tie, it's a push.

The Lethbridge Golden Seals are 7-0-1 in their last 8 games. In fact, since starting the season 0-2, the Seals' record is 14-1-1 in the last 16 games, good for first place in FCHL, 2 points ahead of The Newmarket Hurricanes, however the 'Canes have a game in hand.In other news, Seals newcomer Jarome Iginla had a 1 goal, 1 assist performance on Saturday night. Hopefully this marks a turn-around in Iginla's season, as he has struggled mightily so far.

Update:Jarome Iginla, since the Trade to the Golden Seals:7 GP, 7G, 2A, 9 points (8 pool points)Seals top prospect joey Hishon has 14g and 16A for 30 pts in 14 GP for the Owen sound attack of the OHL.

Update:Jarome Iginla, since the Trade to the Golden Seals:7 GP, 7G, 2A, 9 points (8 pool points)Seals top prospect joey Hishon has 14g and 16A for 30 pts in 14 GP for the Owen sound attack of the OHL.
Yeah...well Moneyshots prospect Travis Hamonic was just called up by the Islanders on an emergency basis. So TAKE THAT.
  • 2 weeks later...

NovemberLethbridge Golden Seals 4 vs. Shaftsbury Wheat Ales 3.5Lethbridge Golden Seals 7.5 vs. Ottawa Limidonks 2.0Lethbridge Golden Seals 4 vs. asdfjkl; 1 Lethbridge Golden Seals 0 vs. KC reserves 0 - tieLethbridge Golden Seals 4.5 vs. Tulane flyers 3.5Lethbridge Golden Seals 5.5 vs. ROFB 3.0Lethbridge Golden Seals 6 vs. Blindsides 1Lethbridge Golden Seals 5.0 vs. Shaftsbury Wheat Ales 2.0lethbridge Golden Seals 1 vs. Broadway 3Lethbridge Golden seals 1.5 vs. newmarket Hurricanes -0.5Lethbridge Golden seals 5.5 vs. Tulane Flyers 0Lethbridge Golden seals 2.5 vs. BlackDevilHawks 3Lethbridge Golden Seals 5.0 vs. Shaftsbury Wheat Ales 2.0GP: 13Record: 10-2-1Total GF: 52GF/G: 4Total GA: 23.5GA/G: 1.8 Overall Record: 20-5-1 (1st in division, 1st in league)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My first ever FCHL draft is now complete. I had a total of 10 picks. I will do an Adam style breakdown of my draft over the coming days:1. First round, 11th overall - Ryan Murphy Defensemandrafted round 1, 12th overall in 2011 by the Carolina hurricanes2010-2011 stats 62 GP - 26g, 53a, 79p Kitchener Rangers OHLI was thrilled to be able to grab Ryan Murphy with the 11th overall pick in the draft. In my eyes, for FCHL purposes, he was the best defensemen of the 2011 draft class, and clearly the best player available to me at the number 11 spot.2, First Round, 12th overall - Drew Shore Forwarddrafted round 2, 44th overall in 2009 by the Florida Panthers2010-2011 stats 40 GP 23g 23a 46p University of DenverOutside of the top 5-6 guys, I wasn't too enthralled with the forwards from the 2011 draft class. I started heavily researching guys who slipped through the cracks from pervious drafts, and have blown up since their draft year. i started to notice Drew Shore's name popping up on a lot of top prospect lists. Including #45 overall, I believe, on Hockey futures mid-season rankings. he was one of only 2 players that made the top 50 that were not already on an FCHL farm team. Hockey prospectus also ranked him the #4 prospect in a very strong florida prospect pool. I mulled over this pick a bit, and I almost certainly could have grabbed him later in the draft, but I basically had a list of all the guys I wanted, and I got almost all of them. I liked Shore better than anyone else available at that time, so I figured there is no sense picking somebody worse (imo), just to avoid drafting a guy higher than necessary.3. First round, 15th overall Dougie Hamilton DefenseDrafted first round, 9th overall by the Boston Bruins2010-2011 stats 67 GP 12g 46a 58p Niagara Ice Dogs OHLI didn't do a ton of research on DOugie. I know he was projected to go as high as top 5 by some people, and his offensive pedigree is stellar. He is a really big kid who skates well and has good vision, hands, and a heavy shot. Seemed like the clear BPA at the #15 spot.

My first ever FCHL draft is now complete. I had a total of 10 picks. I will do an Adam style breakdown of my draft over the coming days:1. First round, 11th overall - Ryan Murphy Defensemandrafted round 1, 12th overall in 2011 by the Carolina hurricanes2010-2011 stats 62 GP - 26g, 53a, 79p Kitchener Rangers OHLI was thrilled to be able to grab Ryan Murphy with the 11th overall pick in the draft. In my eyes, for FCHL purposes, he was the best defensemen of the 2011 draft class, and clearly the best player available to me at the number 11 spot.2, First Round, 12th overall - Drew Shore Forwarddrafted round 2, 44th overall in 2009 by the Florida Panthers2010-2011 stats 40 GP 23g 23a 46p University of DenverOutside of the top 5-6 guys, I wasn't too enthralled with the forwards from the 2011 draft class. I started heavily researching guys who slipped through the cracks from pervious drafts, and have blown up since their draft year. i started to notice Drew Shore's name popping up on a lot of top prospect lists. Including #45 overall, I believe, on Hockey futures mid-season rankings. he was one of only 2 players that made the top 50 that were not already on an FCHL farm team. Hockey prospectus also ranked him the #4 prospect in a very strong florida prospect pool. I mulled over this pick a bit, and I almost certainly could have grabbed him later in the draft, but I basically had a list of all the guys I wanted, and I got almost all of them. I liked Shore better than anyone else available at that time, so I figured there is no sense picking somebody worse (imo), just to avoid drafting a guy higher than necessary.3. First round, 15th overall Dougie Hamilton DefenseDrafted first round, 9th overall by the Boston Bruins2010-2011 stats 67 GP 12g 46a 58p Niagara Ice Dogs OHLI didn't do a ton of research on DOugie. I know he was projected to go as high as top 5 by some people, and his offensive pedigree is stellar. He is a really big kid who skates well and has good vision, hands, and a heavy shot. Seemed like the clear BPA at the #15 spot.
Good picks...It will be bitter sweet for you with Dougie Hamilton. Everytime he does well we have to listen to the media bring up the Kessel trade.

Thanks Zach!4. Second round, 29th overall, Joe Morrow Defensedrafted first round, 23rd overall in 2011 by the Pittsburgh penguins2010-2011 stats 60 gp 9g 40a 49p Portand Winterhawks WHLJoe Morrow was in my eyes, the clear cut 4th best defenseman from the 2011 draft class, for FCHL purposes. I didn't really have him on my watch list originally, only because I honestly expected him to fly off the board early in the second round. As the second round progressed, and he stayed on the board, I added him to the top of my watch list, though I still expected him to go at some point before I picked. Needless to say, I was thrilled to grab him when I did. He's not a huge guy, but he definitely has NHL size for a PMD at 6'1 198 lbs. He skates fast and distributes the puck well. His point production has been excellent for 2 years now, and I am excited to add him to my farm5. second round, 30th overall, Martin Marincin Defensedrafted second round 46th overall in 2010 by the Edmonton Oilers2010-2011 stats 67 gp 14g 42a 56p Prince George Cougars WHLI first heard this kids name while watching Oil change, which was a behind the scenes look at the Edmonton OIlers. They followed their team at the draft, so I knew that the Oilers head scout really really wanted this guy at 31, but lost the argument, and by all accounts, they were shocked that he fell to them at #46. Playing in Slovakia in their U20 program, he didn't have a lot of predraft hype, and with a limited sample size to prove himself, I'm not surprised he didn't get drafted in the FCHL draft last year. In his first year in North America, he was very, very impressive, putting up almost a point per game on a below average Prince George squad. Being a 2010 draftee, he flew under the radar a little bit, and I honestly feel that if he'd played in North America the year before, he probably would have been a 1st round pick in the NHL, and FCHL drafts. With most GM's focusing on the 2011 draftees, I doubt he was on anybody else's list, but I couldn't risk letting him go any further than this spot, and I was really happy to grab him here.

I doubt he was on anybody else's list, but I couldn't risk letting him go any further than this spot, and I was really happy to grab him here.
I was considering him when I took Taylor Doherty...my non-2011 draft defenseman list was three names, Doherty, Marincin, McNabb. Got two of them!