The Official Lethbridge Golden Seals Thread!

I gave up probably too much, way too much if Beach turns into a Franzen but I have been waiting for Beach to come around for 3 seasons now and if he didn't get a shot this season then I think his value went down a bit. But I could be horribly wrong but I am okay with that. The picks are picks. I have never been one to hoard picks or give them much value since I am still well behind the curve in knowing prospects. This trade for me gives me a legit 40g guy (if he remains healthy, which I just jinxed myself for saying that) and he comes at .25 this year, next year, and the mist important year. He will also help me compete this year and beyond.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wow, you threw my own life motto right back at my face. well done.

News Release: February 7th, 2013   The Lethbridge Golden Seals have anounced 2 major trades in the last week.   Golden Seals acquire F Vincent Lecavalier from the Douchegators in exchange for Ales

I don't always reply to a post without quoting it, but when I do, I prefer it to be the first post on a new page.     /leastinterestingmanintheworld

I like this trade for Dubey. I think Franzen is way overvalued. Franzen is already 30 (seriously?) and has never scored 60 points in a season. He would be hard-pressed to be on a 40-goal pace, never mind stay healthy enough to score 40. Still, for a $0.25 that was an awfully nice deal.I think it is an evenish deal without Beach. I don't like Beach much, which Steve seems to agree with, but power forwards do generally take a little longer to develop.Veteran move by Dubey taking advantage of a Red Wings fan. We need to let Troy in this league so I can trade Savard!

I like this trade for Dubey. I think Franzen is way overvalued. Franzen is already 30 (seriously?) and has never scored 60 points in a season. He would be hard-pressed to be on a 40-goal pace, never mind stay healthy enough to score 40. Still, for a $0.25 that was an awfully nice deal.I think it is an evenish deal without Beach. I don't like Beach much, which Steve seems to agree with, but power forwards do generally take a little longer to develop.Veteran move by Dubey taking advantage of a Red Wings fan. We need to let Troy in this league so I can trade Savard!
Oh if is healthy he will get to 40.

Well the most he got was 34 in 71 games a couple seasons ago.And 72 games is the most games he's played since his rookie season, so your big "if he's healthy" is a long shot. He's already missed a game this year because of a concussion.I was also surprised to see he was turning 31 already. He's not going to get better at this point. He COULD score 40, but it would be a long shot, IMHO.

I know one FCHL GM who absolutely hates this trade but I don't mind it. If Steve is going for broke this year then it makes total sense that he should be flipping futures for right-nows. Maybe he could have done better for what he gave up (which is considerable) vs what he got (I don't think that much of Franzen as an elite-level fantasy forward) but you can't fault a guy for picking up an asset to add to a playoff caliber team. I'm not Kyle Beach's biggest fan either, I just don't see it with him. For my money he's on the Shawn Matthias train...puttering along in the minors and maybe he'll shake out as a 3rd liner with 2nd line upside. He's getting more and more buried in Chicago's farm system, that isn't doing him any favors either. The fact that he couldn't stick after the mass exodus in Chicago this offseason doesn't say anything positive for his readiness. The 1st round pick next year is intriguing but Steve added value to this year's team which should bump the pick back a bit to the 10-15 range IMO. Historically in that range you're going to get a 2nd round caliber player that you have to pay $2 if and when you sign him (4 years into this league has anyone signed a prospect to an FCHL roster that came from the 10-15 spots? I don't believe so). The late 4th rounder is obviously also meh, just an extra farm body, it'll all depend on how Dave does with the pick.Not a bad trade from either side IMO, Franzen's contract status elevates his FCHL value very considerably and pretty much makes up the difference between this being even and being completely lopsided.

I like this trade for both teams. I don't think Franzen will ever stay healthy enough to reach 40 goals, but I'm not a big fan of Beach either. He may well develop into the power forward some think he will, but I think he'll be more hit and bang than an actual point producer. Steve is trading then-potential for now-potential. Dubey is trading now-potential for then-potential. That seems to make sense for both teams based on where they seem to be in relation to the league...maybe I'm wrong here though.The value of the picks is relative. Steve doesn't value them as much based on the fact that he doesn't know prospects much (get on that, Steve!) and Dave, I'm assuming, does value them.Again, I like this trade for both teams!

I'm higher on Beach than any of you, clearly, but I didn't want Beach's possible upside to make or break this trade, as I think the value is there anyway.I do like beach a lot. I watched him play a lot in Lethbridge a few years ago, and thought he looked like a better NHL prospect than Zach Boychuk or Carter Ashton. He also scored 50 goals last year, which is no small feat in the WHL, even as a 19 year old.

I overpaid, no question. Stated it in the official trade post. But I was willing to. I already knew Dave wanted Beach. Right or wrong, I think Franzen will be what I am looking for. Last year was a bad knee that is fine now. This weekend he took a shot that would have probably resulted in a concussion for almost anyone else. He will be back Thursday and has been the one of the top players so far this year. Either way, chance I was willing to take. I think I have a team that can compete this year and next year and I think I just increased my chances. This also will hopefully help me in 12/13 where I am inching closer to the max $85.

Best part? You both obviously love following the players you got. I think before I had a clue who Dubey was, I thought he was Kyle Beach's brother! I recall him saying something so complimentary that sounded like the kind of love only a mother could bestow on someone. Way to not overpay rookie, but fyi, pims dont count in the FCHL.As for Steve....well, thats just a hard on waiting to happen. A goal scorer on the Wings? I think any trade involving Franzen coming to Steve that doesnt have him giving up organs or limbs is a win for his team. Im kinda suprised Dubey didnt ask for Steve's first child. (Biatch's biatch). Rookie mistake + sly veteran savvy.

Best part? You both obviously love following the players you got. I think before I had a clue who Dubey was, I thought he was Kyle Beach's brother! I recall him saying something so complimentary that sounded like the kind of love only a mother could bestow on someone. Way to not overpay rookie, but fyi, pims dont count in the FCHL.As for Steve....well, thats just a hard on waiting to happen. A goal scorer on the Wings? I think any trade involving Franzen coming to Steve that doesnt have him giving up organs or limbs is a win for his team. Im kinda suprised Dubey didnt ask for Steve's first child. (Biatch's biatch). Rookie mistake + sly veteran savvy.
hahaEdit: plus we need something to talk about in the FCHL!
Well the most he got was 34 in 71 games a couple seasons ago.And 72 games is the most games he's played since his rookie season, so your big "if he's healthy" is a long shot. He's already missed a game this year because of a concussion.I was also surprised to see he was turning 31 already. He's not going to get better at this point. He COULD score 40, but it would be a long shot, IMHO.
This was my thoughts, and at first glimpse, I thought it was an absolute steal for Dubey. Depending on what you think of Beach, it isn't a long way off. I think Steve had the deal valued right, since he knew he was giving up too much, but...well I'd overpay for Kessel at this point too.I love these deals where both people got who they were targeting.
I think before I had a clue who Dubey was, I thought he was Kyle Beach's brother! I recall him saying something so complimentary that sounded like the kind of love only a mother could bestow on someone.
LOL :club:

I don't think there's anything wrong with the deal, I just don't think you could count on Franzen to stay healthy for a full year, and score at a pace that allows him to get 40.He's talented, sure, but he's not going to get better at this point of his career. At his age, what you see is pretty much what you get. He's a very skilled guy who will score 30 goals and 60 points.He's a Wing, so I have no issues with slightly overpaying for him. I've done the same for Penguins.

30 60 will do me just fine. ;)I am been trying to think though, is he what one would consider injury prone? The knee injury was pretty bad but not something I would have said would label him as fragile. Missing one game after taking a big hit to the head doesn't seem to out of the ordinary to me either.Is there a site that lists players career injuries. I would be really interested. Playing 70+ games a season with Detroit is pretty common since they big boys get a lot of rest usually towards the end of the season. Nick played 76 games that season, others played mid 70's so 72 is not crazy. If he was injured it was probably for no more than 5 games I am assuming. I need to find info because when making the deal I was not thinking he was an injury prone player. I just always worry about injuries to all the players I pick up, lol.Edit: The only think I can find is that he was injured in October the last three years with knee injuries. But only last years was serious enough to miss 55 games. That is fine. I will just pray his knees hold till November! :club:

why was no one this nice to me when conventional wisdom said I got raped for perron?
this isn't about youAnd yes they are all being too nice, I EXPECTED and was PREPARED to take a lot of guff for this trade.

I don't know if I'd call him injury prone, but there's certainly a pattern here. His max is 72 games, which means he missed about 12% of his teams games. Maybe that comes from being rested down the stretch? That still impacts your team, specifically in the playoffs. If he's not playing 82 games, I don't really care why he isn't, you know?I don't know. It's not like 72 games is awful. Tons of guys are certainly more "injury prone", it's just that I was using it to argue against your claim that he'd score 40. :club:

I had not thought about this.dubey, please get me a game-worn paajarvi. thanks.steve, now that you've started off in this direction, you prob need to start moving some more pieces to make a contender. that's what I'd do. it starts with milan hejduk.

I had not thought about this.dubey, please get me a game-worn paajarvi. thanks.steve, now that you've started off in this direction, you prob need to start moving some more pieces to make a contender. that's what I'd do. it starts with milan hejduk.
lol, trouble with that is he is what $3? And you are at the cap floor so you can give me Hejduk but I can't sign him.
yeah he's $4.25. I'm working on it.
Dont work too hard because I don't think he does much for me anyway. I have decent forward depth, it's the D that is killing me. I am short on D many nights it looks like and the one's I have aren't that great.