Official Miami Heat 2010-2011 Thread

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Twitter...
chip on his shoulder eh? well, maybe now he'll have enough incentive to play through adversity in the next semis he plays in.pssst, Lebron, I took a mental note of "Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7......."
Cool dude. Win something and then you can go grudge hunting.
Come on. Jordan built up slights for 7 years before he took out the rest of the NBA with great vengeance and furious anger. I could not be more excited for angry Lebron.
I could not be more excited for angry Lebron.
Yeah, I predicted that angry Lebron would destroy the Celtics in the playoffs after that little brouhaha in Boston in the regular season. That didn't work out so well for me.
Yeah, I predicted that angry Lebron would destroy the Celtics in the playoffs after that little brouhaha in Boston in the regular season. That didn't work out so well for me.
Well, we know what the Kryptonite is for an angry Lebron. the C's better pray that Bosh starts banging Gloria James.
Well, we know what the Kryptonite is for an angry Lebron. the C's better pray that Bosh starts banging Gloria James.
Heh. I thought it was interesting that Buzz Bissinger called her the biggest diva he's ever interviewed.Have we ever seen "angry Lebron" play?
Lebron has taken it on the chin all summer; he has never really been motivated before......definitely a guy who coasted on his talent. I think the Heat could be a scary DEFENSIVE team if Lebron is really motivated for a change. I know Wade will be motivated to beat Boston because the Celtics knocked them out last year and, more importantly, he is still pissed how Shaq left Miami like a bitch.Lebron's mom needs to stop being a tramp.I don't think we have ever really seen angry Lebron; if he does not come out of the blocks like a man possessed this year he does not have it in him.
Heh. I thought it was interesting that Buzz Bissinger called her the biggest diva he's ever interviewed.Have we ever seen "angry Lebron" play?
What I found more interesting was what Bissenger said about Lebron being the villain (I don't remember if it was on lebatard or the BS report) .He said that in high school he was HATED outside of his home court, that teams all over would boo him wildly, not just in ohio, but super teams in north carolina and all over where Lebron's team would travel to. and Lebron loved it, loved being the bad guy, I thought that was really interesting.
Lebron has taken it on the chin all summer; he has never really been motivated before......definitely a guy who coasted on his talent. I think the Heat could be a scary DEFENSIVE team if Lebron is really motivated for a change.
is this really accurate? I know Im coming off as a Lebron/Heat hater, but I actually respected his game (and effort) quite a bit until the last playoff game or two. I've always thought of him as a hard worker...maybe not Kobe-like, but not that big of a coaster either when compared to others. Was I that wrong?Its truly sad if in 7years of playing for Cleveland he was never really motivated.
is this really accurate? I know Im coming off as a Lebron/Heat hater, but I actually respected his game (and effort) quite a bit until the last playoff game or two. I've always thought of him as a hard worker...maybe not Kobe-like, but not that big of a coaster either when compared to others. Was I that wrong?Its truly sad if in 7years of playing for Cleveland he was never really motivated.
he's always played hardI'm still stumped by what happened in game 5 i think he was hurt and realized there was nothing he could do but he's not talking about itthe reason i think he was hurt look at game one when he had a couple open dunk and just laid it in instead of slamming it down like he normally does
I think even the quitting during the Boston series is overblown. I think he always gave his all during games. But, in the offseason, I highly doubt he works like Kobe. He is a monster and yet his defense has always been meh and he never bothered to even try to develop a post game because he is so damn talented he can be MVP level without it. I just think he could be even better if he ever got pissed off enough to work like Kobe does. I don't question his on-the-court work ethic during the Cleveland years at all but off-the-court I am skeptical he was not coasting on his talent. I guess I was not clear enough on that, my bad.

Until a couple years ago he was known as a guy who would coast through parts of the season.Except for game 5 against Boston, I don't think he's ever been questioned in the playoffs.

Until a couple years ago he was known as a guy who would coast through parts of the season.Except for game 5 against Boston, I don't think he's ever been questioned in the playoffs.
I think it is appropriate to coast a little during the regular season. You know like how the entire Celtics team did that last year.All this Game 5 crap is fallout from the decision. He had one bad game for the love of jeebus. He came right back and threw up a triple double in Game 6. The 2009-2010 Celtics >> 2009-2010 Cavs. End of story.
I think it is appropriate to coast a little during the regular season.
Jordan and Kobe disagree.
All this Game 5 crap is fallout from the decision.
JoeyJoJo disagrees.His disappearing act in game 5 was the biggest story in sports when it happened. And the "quitting" in game 6 was strictly about being down 7 with just over a minute left and conceding the game.
Jordan and Kobe disagree.JoeyJoJo disagrees.His disappearing act in game 5 was the biggest story in sports when it happened. And the "quitting" in game 6 was strictly about being down 7 with just over a minute left and conceding the game.
Yeah, for a day and then everyone moved on because it happens. Kobe went 6-24 in Game 7 and won a title because his teammates don't suck anus.Jordan and Kobe do disagree because they are pathologically competitive. I don't expect most people to be wired like that. Outside of pro sports, guys like that are called assholes.

I dont know. I think a lot of this stems from what people want Lebron to be. He isnt Jordan. He never will be. He doesnt have Jordan's childhood failures. He'll never have that burning desire to prove people wrong, and I dont think the bad press this summer will do it.

Yeah, for a day and then everyone moved on because it happens. Kobe went 6-24 in Game 7 and won a title because his teammates don't suck anus.
6-24 and 3-14 happens. He wasn't blasted for shooting poorly; he was killed for a serious lack of effort. There was a whole lot of standing around watching in that game. Getting back to the twitter thing...isn't it just the media that's been critical of him? What players or coaches have gone after him? Seems like Durant was the closest to saying something negative. I wouldn't be surprised if Durant had a grudge against Lebron for when Lebron said he could lead the league in scoring every year if he wanted to. I hope Durant drops 50 on him.Such a weird offseason. I love both Wade and Lebron and now all I'm rooting for is for them to lose.
6-24 and 3-14 happens. He wasn't blasted for shooting poorly; he was killed for a serious lack of effort. There was a whole lot of standing around watching in that game. Getting back to the twitter thing...isn't it just the media that's been critical of him? What players or coaches have gone after him? Seems like Durant was the closest to saying something negative. I wouldn't be surprised if Durant had a grudge against Lebron for when Lebron said he could lead the league in scoring every year if he wanted to. I hope Durant drops 50 on him.Such a weird offseason. I love both Wade and Lebron and now all I'm rooting for is for them to lose.
well a backup center named tolliver made a video mocking the decision. the Orlando GM went after him. His ex-owner went after him. Bosh's ex-gm went after him. So it's more of a front office trend criticizing the Heat I guess. Maybe he is just getting better at inventing slights a la MJ.
well a backup center named tolliver made a video mocking the decision. the Orlando GM went after him. His ex-owner went after him. Bosh's ex-gm went after him. So it's more of a front office trend criticizing the Heat I guess.
Oh man, look out Minnesota, Cleveland, and Toronto! (And Orlando.)
6-24 and 3-14 happens. He wasn't blasted for shooting poorly; he was killed for a serious lack of effort. There was a whole lot of standing around watching in that game.
could not agree more. Comparing the 2 off nights offensively of Kobe+Lebron is apples+oranges. and my beef with that game didnt come after The Decision. Damn, kinda wish Colangelo had kept his mouth shut. Now the other team is gonna TRY!