Official Miami Heat 2010-2011 Thread

could not agree more. Comparing the 2 off nights offensively of Kobe+Lebron is apples+oranges. and my beef with that game didnt come after The Decision. Damn, kinda wish Colangelo had kept his mouth shut. Now the other team is gonna TRY!
I know you are joking but given the rosters in Cleveland and Toronto and the chip on the Heat's shoulder I could see Miami @ Cleveland and Miami @ toronto be running up the score ugly.
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan and Kobe do disagree because they are pathologically competitive. I don't expect most people to be wired like that. Outside of pro sports, guys like that are called assholes.
Or they could be called hard workers. The guys who show up to a real job, work their asses off, dont take nights off, and just generally bust their ass so their famillies can eat+live comfortably.Yeah, I ranted, but you brought up outside of pro sports as a way of defending an athelete not always giving it his all. Just cause he's not ultra-competitve doesnt mean he shouldnt always be giving it an honest effort.As for inside of pro sports, with that kinda of attitude, they are usually called champions.
I know you are joking but given the rosters in Cleveland and Toronto and the chip on the Heat's shoulder I could see Miami @ Cleveland and Miami @ toronto be running up the score ugly.
eh, I've seen ugly scores before, wont be the first time. What did Kobe score against us, 212?Who knowse, maybe someone on the Raptors will actually care enough to send a message to the other team, should they feel the score is being run up against them. I wouldnt count on it though, Raptors havent had any balls in years.
Or they could be called hard workers. The guys who show up to a real job, work their asses off, dont take nights off, and just generally bust their ass so their famillies can eat+live comfortably.Yeah, I ranted, but you brought up outside of pro sports as a way of defending an athelete not always giving it his all. Just cause he's not ultra-competitve doesnt mean he shouldnt always be giving it an honest effort.As for inside of pro sports, with that kinda of attitude, they are usually called champions.
Jordan used to bribe luggage handlers to send his bags off first so he could bet his teammates and win. For him, it went way beyond "being a hard worker." I think you vastly overestimate how many average people give it their all at their job day in day out. VASTLY.
I think you vastly overestimate how many average people give it their all at their job day in day out. VASTLY.
You seem to be arguing against a point he wasn't making.
Come on. Jordan built up slights for 7 years before he took out the rest of the NBA with great vengeance and furious anger. I could not be more excited for angry Lebron.
I think we all remember what happened when Goku got angry against Frieza.Oh yeah...th_lebron2.jpg
6-24 and 3-14 happens. He wasn't blasted for shooting poorly; he was killed for a serious lack of effort. There was a whole lot of standing around watching in that game.
Game seven of the 2006 lakers-suns series, kobe took 3 shots in the second half and scored 1 point. And now he's considered a jordan level "killer" who would never quit on his team. Sports fans have the memories of goldfish.
Game seven of the 2006 lakers-suns series, kobe took 3 shots in the second half and scored 1 point. And now he's considered a jordan level "killer" who would never quit on his team. Sports fans have the memories of goldfish.
That's because he was on fire, had like 25 and they were still down 15 at halftime. That and he was forced to bring the ball up because Smush Parker was on the team, and they were doubling him as soon as he crossed halfcourt.
That's because he was on fire, had like 25 and they were still down 15 at halftime. That and he was forced to bring the ball up because Smush Parker was on the team, and they were doubling him as soon as he crossed halfcourt.
Sounds like Lebron's entire time in Cleveland.....
God, the best part of that video is the crazy way takes charges, I've never seen anything like that before.
Yeah, who takes a charge on Karl Malone filling the lane on a fast break? Pretty sure I'm just letting him go by.I remember in high school doing a drill where we were learning how to take a charge and sell it. When it was my turn I got my chest into the guy and went down straight onto my back. Coach yells, "That's how you do it!" Of course, he didn't realize that I took the charge from a football player who just lowered his shoulder and ran me over; there was no selling it on my part.

back in the day I was the only one who defended Pippen during the last second shot Kukoc I'll sit out debaclesitting out was wrong but when I was in chicago they always said michaels the man he takes the last shot to be the man you have to take the last shotthen michael retired and they put all this pressure on Pippen to take over the reins - can you be Michael?he got so much shit early in his career for not being michaelhe was on a tv when he was a rookie and someone asked him _ Michael shoots free throws with his eyes closed why are you shooting 70%so then he has an MVP like season and after he is told over and over again to be the man - he doesn't get that respect back - they don't let him take the last shotif Michael had protested he would have gotten the ballto make it worse they didn't pay Pippen what he deserved because Krause was in love with the idea of Kukoc who couldn't hold scottie's jock on his best dayscottie was the key to the Bulls Michael always had a good game if Scottie did too they never lostplus his d on Magic to win that first title was sickI'm really sad to see that he's had financial troubles

I remember Pippen destroying Kukoc in the '92 Olympics the first time they played against each other. Held him to something like 4 points.Edit: 2-11, 4 points, 35 minutes.

I remember Pippen destroying Kukoc in the '92 Olympics the first time they played against each other. Held him to something like 4 points.Edit: 2-11, 4 points, 35 minutes.
he did both Michael and Scottie were super pumped to play him because they both hated Jerry Krause's obsession with him and it was their first shot at himthey destroyed himfunny cuz Jerry Krause's most genius move ever was discovering Pippen and obsessively trading up to draft him

Talk show here in Toronto, a football player for the Argos is asked if it was accurate that Bosh didnt get the proper attention here in Toronto as an American, that he might now he's back in the States. "Attention? Anything I ever heard about basketball here was all about him. If he thinks he'll get it in Miami, he's mistaken. There, he isnt Batman or Robin. He's Alfred." lmao!

Talk show here in Toronto, a football player for the Argos is asked if it was accurate that Bosh didnt get the proper attention here in Toronto as an American, that he might now he's back in the States. "Attention? Anything I ever heard about basketball here was all about him. If he thinks he'll get it in Miami, he's mistaken. There, he isnt Batman or Robin. He's Alfred." lmao!
I actually see him more as Batgirl.

I was going to say it's more like Superman, Batman, and Aquaman.But who cares? You're still in the Justice League. And you get to talk to whales and stuff. Wait, what are we talking about?Edit: Anyway, I don't think anyone can argue that Bosh hasn't received more attention these past two months than he has the rest of his career.

I was going to say it's more like Superman, Batman, and Aquaman.But who cares? You're still in the Justice League. And you get to talk to whales and stuff. Wait, what are we talking about?Edit: Anyway, I don't think anyone can argue that Bosh hasn't received more attention these past two months than he has the rest of his career.
sure, if attention is what your after, its awesome to 3rd wheel around the Wade+LeBron show. Getting attention in America isnt always synonymous with respect or talent though. Come to think of it, it rarely is.I just found the Alfred line funny, and I actually started playing out a SNL skit in my head of W+L ordering around CB like a gopher.Whatever makes Christopher happy. He deserves it after roughing it out here for all those years. Poor guy.

he needs to take a cue from the master and dye his head green cry a lot and threaten to blow his head off in his truck with a shotgunbefore that D Rod was just a nice role player

its amazing how bitter fans of loser franchises can be. toronto isnt shit in the nba. get over it.
Yeah, but they're THE BEST in hockey.... right?