Official Miami Heat 2010-2011 Thread

let me see if I can follow this logic:Haha, Bosh wont get more attention in Miami!----actually, he already has and it is the offseason.Well, if it's attention he wants I guess he will get it as the 3rd wheel! He might find out attention is not all it is cracked up to be!Enjoy going 25-57, bitches.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really sad to see that he's had financial troubles
Really? I heard he was always really careful with his money....
This is an old story, but I remember it like it was yesterday. I was bartending when Scottie Pippen and B.J. Armstrong came in with a small group of girls. Scottie opened up a tab and kept me jumping, buying drinks for everyone. I was staying on top of things since he had just signed a LARGE multi-year, multi-million dollar contract a few weeks earlier. Sadly, when I gave him the bill, I overheard his girlfriend say, "Aren't you going to tip him anything?" His response was, "I don't tip anyone, I'm saving my money." What an *******! B.J. gave me $100 on a $300 tab and told me not to take it personally. His nickname with people in the industry is "No Tippin' Pippen".
http://www.basketballforum.com/chicago-bul...pen-thread.html

wow, you guys take things so literally and are so quick to turn into judgements+derision. Then some wonder why the bball forum is dead and the hockey one is active. Just cause I found something funny that was mocking of Bosh doesnt me I cry myself to sleep at night wishing he had stayed. I dont hate the guy for making decisions or leaving the team, whatever. I like to poke fun at some of attitudes of star players, and I would do it even if he stayed in Toronto. If you wake up in the morning, and everything is fine because the professional sports team that plays in your city won their game last night, then all the more power to you. I love sports more than 99% of the public, but that doesnt mean I give every athelete a free ride just cause he plays for my team or live/die based on the success of that team or who decides to play for it. SuitedAces...did you just turn 17yesterday, is that right?

I think all the "basketball forum regulars" get along; it's just good-natured ribbing.Scottie Pippen: Known more for his on court defense than his off court business sense, former Chicago Bulls star Scottie Pippen lost $120 million in career earnings due to poor financial planning and bad business ideas.Suited changes his birthday all the time. Only total losers do that sort of thing.

wow, you guys take things so literally and are so quick to turn into judgements+derision. Then some wonder why the bball forum is dead and the hockey one is active. Just cause I found something funny that was mocking of Bosh doesnt me I cry myself to sleep at night wishing he had stayed. I dont hate the guy for making decisions or leaving the team, whatever. I like to poke fun at some of attitudes of star players, and I would do it even if he stayed in Toronto. If you wake up in the morning, and everything is fine because the professional sports team that plays in your city won their game last night, then all the more power to you. I love sports more than 99% of the public, but that doesnt mean I give every athelete a free ride just cause he plays for my team or live/die based on the success of that team or who decides to play for it. SuitedAces...did you just turn 17yesterday, is that right?
If you come make fun of a team in its thread, don't be surprised if they try and turn it around on you. And, I think it is less that we are giving him a free ride and more that you are actively trying to dog him.
I think all the "basketball forum regulars" get along; it's just good-natured ribbing.
thats cool. Sorry to be the irregular that crashed your party.I just recalled you mentioning that in the hockey forum that bball was pretty dead when compared with hockey.
thats cool. Sorry to be the irregular that crashed your party.I just recalled you mentioning that in the hockey forum that bball was pretty dead when compared with hockey.
I didn't mean it that way; I just meant that's how things are here, so you shouldn't take anything personally.Yeah, you hockey guys are weirdos.
If you come make fun of a team in its thread, don't be surprised if they try and turn it around on you. And, I think it is less that we are giving him a free ride and more that you are actively trying to dog him.
First line, your right. But I dont recall my mocking Bosh at any point being part of calling you guys personally "bitches" or saying something like "Miami aint shit".Im actually mocking Bosh+Heat and rarely if ever disrespect another posters opinion, however much I may disagree. The other stuff I try not to do, and I dont think I ever have.Second line....I think its a lot easier for both of us to do what we are doing based on our current locales.
I didn't mean it that way; I just meant that's how things are here, so you shouldn't take anything personally.
If it comes across that way, Im really not. Its fine, just part of this particular part of FCP I guess.
First line, your right. But I dont recall my mocking Bosh at any point being part of calling you guys personally "bitches" or saying something like "Miami aint shit".Im actually mocking Bosh+Heat and rarely if ever disrespect another posters opinion, however much I may disagree. The other stuff I try not to do, and I dont think I ever have.Second line....I think its a lot easier for both of us to do what we are doing based on our current locales.
if a humorous, non-serious tag-line like "bitches" offends you.......you might not be cut out for the internet. jjj, I like Bosh a lot but I would have preferred Amare and Wade over Wade and Bosh. However, with Lebron in the equation I prefer Bosh over Amare. I dont think Amare would be happy as the 3rd banana, I think Bosh will be fine with it.
jjj, I like Bosh a lot but I would have preferred Amare and Wade over Wade and Bosh. However, with Lebron in the equation I prefer Bosh over Amare. I dont think Amare would be happy as the 3rd banana, I think Bosh will be fine with it.
Amare probably doesn't realize he'd be third banana with Chris Paul and Melo too. Did you see Lebron getting heckled at the amusement park?Edit: link
if a humorous, non-serious tag-line like "bitches" offends you.......you might not be cut out for the internet.
Again, wasnt offended, just questioning your logic like I thought you were doing to me. I'll stay out of your thread, and let you get back to your circle jerk.
if a humorous, non-serious tag-line like "bitches" offends you.......you might not be cut out for the internet. jjj, I like Bosh a lot but I would have preferred Amare and Wade over Wade and Bosh. However, with Lebron in the equation I prefer Bosh over Amare. I dont think Amare would be happy as the 3rd banana, I think Bosh will be fine with it.
As much as I like to point out Bosh's flaws I think he's a better player than Amare is when you factor in the average effort level that Amare will bring plus who knows when Amare's leg is going to have to be amputated.I think Bosh has an ego that is far larger than you think and probably larger than Amare's is, Bosh is just a lot smarter about how it shows. I think Bosh's ego is more about being an attention whore than about on court play. It's pretty obvious from the You Tube videos he made and the silly DVD he put out about him getting a tattoo that he craves the attention. Not that there's anything wrong with that as long as it's not overwhelming.Bosh is getting what he wants which is the exposure in the US. The funny thing is that when it comes to local markets players in Toronto get covered more than any other team except for the Knicks. There are 4 Daily Papers, 3 National ( In Canada ) All Sports Networks along with local and National TV and Radio that cover the Raptors every day. There's a reason that the Raptors Forum at Real GM is the busiest, well part of it that the posters there are retards but they are passionate retards.I think it's going to be really interesting to see what Bosh does on the floor this year. I know what he's going to do off the court which is take advantage of all the opportunities to get his face out there and there's nothing wrong with that. On the court though he's used to the offense running through him and nobody ever getting on him about his effort or selfish play. If he plays the same way as he did in Toronto at times where he can be a real black hole on offense and a ball stopper I wonder how Wade is going to react. One thing to keep in mind if Bosh is playing well and the Heat are just killing everybody in the regular season is that Bosh has never played well in a big game. He played really badly when the Raptors did make the playoffs and in big regular season games against teams like The Celtics he would really struggle and the worst aspects of his playing personality would come out meaning that he would become ever more of a black hole and selfish and stubborn.The Heat circus is going to fun to be watch all year.
Amare probably doesn't realize he'd be third banana with Chris Paul and Melo too. Did you see Lebron getting heckled at the amusement park?Edit: link
Yeah. I won't begrudge Cleveland their anger anymore because what else do they have? That was pretty funny.Bob,I agree that Bosh is clearly an attention whore (though some of his youtube videos are pretty funny).
Yeah. I won't begrudge Cleveland their anger anymore because what else do they have? That was pretty funny.
What the hell happened on that third free throw?
Let me paint a picture for you: nothing but backboard.Wait, let me actually paint a picture for you:spz0g8.jpg
haha, nice.His elbow must still be bothering him.
I think it's going to be really interesting to see what Bosh does on the floor this year.
According to my NBA 2K10 simulation, by March Bosh will have started strong early in the season then get hurt before the Allstar break (which only votes in Lebron and Wade) and then average 15 pts and 5 rebounds.

I'm not sure Bosh is cut out for this whole getting attention thing."If you think about how many times somebody asks you, 'How are you,' that's how many times I was asked, 'Where you going?'" said Bosh, who was in Manhattan Wednesday to unveil his Got Milk! advertisement. "So it's like, well, in my case, I'm going to have fun with it. I'm going to play with people's emotions. I'm going to be high and low."And some Lebron comments:"I love our fans. Cleveland fans are awesome," he told GQ. "But I mean, even my family gets spoiled at times watching me doing things that I do, on and off the court."and:"And Clevelanders, because they were the bigger-city kids when we were growing up, looked down on us. ... So we didn't actually like Cleveland. We hated Cleveland growing up. There's a lot of people in Cleveland we still hate to this day."

it just keeps getting better:Erick Dampier will likely be a free man sometime before the regular season begins. He could make $13 million this coming season, but there is no salary protection in his contract. That means Charlotte can reduce their payroll significantly, or another team that trades for him can do the same, by waiving him.He'll probably attract a lot of attention by teams once he clears waivers and Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel thinks the Heat could have a great chance of signing Dampier.Winderman writes: "The Kwame Brown signing seemed to send a clear signal of the eventual intent. Enter the Heat, a team that currently features Joel Anthony, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Jamaal Magloire and Dexter Pittman at center. Dampier arguably is better than all four. ... Pat Riley would have one bargaining chip that no other contender could offer: 'How would you like to be the starting center for a potential NBA championship team?' Oh, 'And if this works out, we'll have a full mid-level exception available next summer.' "The Heat can only offer the league minimum and he may take a higher offer, but if he wants the best shot of winning a title he should seriously consider Miami.Agent Dan Fegan said his client hasn't ruled out returning to Charlotte if he's waived."It's not a closed deal from our perspective," Fegan told the Associated Press. "I understand what Rod Higgins is trying to do. I have a good relationship with Rod, and I'm sure we'll figure it out."Charlotte has about $2.2 million remaining from its mid-level exception.