WTF? Results oriented thinking FTL
It works here tho fwiw
he earned the right to be a jerk?he's a sore loser and he made an ass out of himself during the reunion show...
You realize you're the only one saying that? He has every right to flaunt the BIGGEST piece of Survivor history. It's going to be a running gag for as long as the show is around.__________________Also, did any of you remember what Colby said? He was frustrated that they were so cooped up. He remembers the Survivors where he could go off and do anything he wanted and now they contain them around camp and such. It's the producers that are in control of them now instead of letting them roam free, which is what they used to do and that is what made the idols so much harder to find.
  • Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, did any of you remember what Colby said? He was frustrated that they were so cooped up. He remembers the Survivors where he could go off and do anything he wanted and now they contain them around camp and such. It's the producers that are in control of them now instead of letting them roam free, which is what they used to do and that is what made the idols so much harder to find.
I think this was a function of being in American Somoa. There just isn't a ton of real estate available so they had to be sequestered in a very limited space.

I love that Russell played the game of Survivor but I do agree that he is a sore loser. I think he should have won his first stint as that chick was a waste, but he had no shot winning this one and all he did last night was look like a crybaby. I think there is an argument for either Sandra or Parv winning. I personally loved the way Sandra played. She hung back but she said all the right things when she had too. The second to last Tribal where Jerry got voted out she answered Jeff's questions in a way that let the jury know what they needed to know and put her in the right light. I loved it and that was the moment I turned to my wife and said, "she just won this thing by saying that."I do think things need to change. The immunity idol is getting ridic. If it needs to be in the game then it needs to be just one per camp and once found and then used, that is it. Don't add more. I want to see one in Antarctica. But it will never happen for the simple fact that there will be no skin shown. :club:

It works here tho fwiwYou realize you're the only one saying that? He has every right to flaunt the BIGGEST piece of Survivor history. It's going to be a running gag for as long as the show is around.
i dont care if im the only one saying it, it doesnt change the fact that he was a jerk and a sore losser..."he has a right to be a jerk" lol you can say that about anyone...and FYI, he didnt even do anything special to trick the heroes into thinking there was an all girl alliance, the heroes just assumed and he was handed an idol...but he has a right to be a jerk, so let him be a jerk, him flaunting and trying to embarrass jt and rub it in his face is the EXACT reason russell will never win the game of survivor...he can play the game a 100 times with a 100 different people and he will never win...
The game has changed so much, I think the game needs to go back to actually requiring these people to survive. I mean, Jerri had a jacket. Don't give these tribes ANY rice or tools whatsoever, unless they earn it in a reward challenge, but make it minimal. Before it was like, if you provided for your tribe you would last. Now it's just about making alliances right away. Also they have to do away with hidden immunity idols or least minimize them and make them harder to find.
Great point. I know they allow the returning seasons some luxuries in order to entice them to return but... it's getting rediculous. Give them nothing and make them play for a bag of rice, machete, and fire instead of giving them all that and whoring out the rewards to Sears etc.So Parv and Danielle wanted to vote off Sandra. Russell made a mistake by taking her. She was totally hopeless there and did nothing to preserve her life, yet is the greatest survivor ever? Parv was out of her tribe from day one, but you can also make the case shes lucky Russell came right to her with the idol. At the same time, what did Russell do strategically to be given that idol? Who knows.Russell can probably never get deep into this game again, so another show would be awesome to watch him on. He's so awesome.
I love that Russell played the game of Survivor but I do agree that he is a sore loser. I think he should have won his first stint as that chick was a waste, but he had no shot winning this one and all he did last night was look like a crybaby. I think there is an argument for either Sandra or Parv winning. I personally loved the way Sandra played. She hung back but she said all the right things when she had too. The second to last Tribal where Jerry got voted out she answered Jeff's questions in a way that let the jury know what they needed to know and put her in the right light. I loved it and that was the moment I turned to my wife and said, "she just won this thing by saying that."I do think things need to change. The immunity idol is getting ridic. If it needs to be in the game then it needs to be just one per camp and once found and then used, that is it. Don't add more. I want to see one in Antarctica. But it will never happen for the simple fact that there will be no skin shown. :club:
Pretty much agree with all of this. I've noted all season who crap the hidden idols are now. I really really hope they bring back exile island next season (Although I have a feeling it'd doubtful). That was my favourite part of the game when they added it. I liked how how once you got the first clue, it would take you a couple hours going across the island to find the 2nd clue... then it would lead to a 3rd clue... etc. until finally you reach the end of the map and get the idol.
It works here tho fwiwYou realize you're the only one saying that? He has every right to flaunt the BIGGEST piece of Survivor history. It's going to be a running gag for as long as the show is around.
He's not the only that thinks that though. He was a sore loser and really came off as one.
I love that Russell played the game of Survivor but I do agree that he is a sore loser. I think he should have won his first stint as that chick was a waste, but he had no shot winning this one and all he did last night was look like a crybaby. I think there is an argument for either Sandra or Parv winning. I personally loved the way Sandra played. She hung back but she said all the right things when she had too. The second to last Tribal where Jerry got voted out she answered Jeff's questions in a way that let the jury know what they needed to know and put her in the right light. I loved it and that was the moment I turned to my wife and said, "she just won this thing by saying that."
I agree with all of this. Russell should have won his first one, but he had absolutely NO chance of winning this one.Delved, I understand you have a hard-on for Russell, but quit being so damn stubborn about why he didn't win. I don't really think he deserved to win this one, Parvati AND Sandra both played a hell of a game, whether you want to admit or not. Honestly, you sound just like him.
I don't think we've had anyone here win consistently. I like doing this because it's fun and it gives us something else to cheer/talk about.
Natalie $250.00 !!
PRIZE POOLTotal Prize Pool: $400 (20 x $20)1st Place: $2502nd/3rd: $75 (considered tied for 2nd)WINNERS$250 1st Place brvheart$75 2nd Place Tehtoe$75 3rd Place canuckickstanCONGRATS!!! :)Just shoot me your stars s/n again so I can payout
PearlPlayer -CalgaryThanks again Gov !

Russell just really blows at the jury presentation. Does anyone else think that a solid speech at that point could reframe everything he has done and possibly win him the game? I have written my own Russell speech. If Russell said something like this does he get some votes at least? It’s up to you, the jury, to decide what this game is really about. The motto of the show is: Outwit, outplay, outlast. I think it is perhaps the greatest strategy came our culture has recently invented. I argue that the greatest strategist should be the winner of the game. I know that during the course of playing this game, my strategic interests have come above my personal relationships with you all. I ask you to believe that despite this, I respect you all, and under different circumstances we may have cultivated those personal relationships in different ways. Hopefully in the future, we can do just that, having shared this unique experience. But when best friends sit down for a game of poker, they should bluff when it is in their interest lest they disrespect the object of the game: to win. When we are engaged in a game of chess I cannot in good conscience spare your unprotected queen out of sympathy. To reward me for doing so would threaten the basis of the game. In our game, betrayal and deceit are tools with as much value as trust and honor. I have demonstrated through the last 39 days the ability to wield both weapons with skill. In some cases I have earned your trust, and honored it; in other cases I have betrayed you and lied. I don’t apologize for this just as I don’t apologize for showing you my unpaired hand when I am bluffing. It is clear that neither of my opponents have played this game with the same level of strategic insight that I have. Despite that, both have already won a million dollars before. They deserved those rewards, but this time I deserve mine. Further, to prove to you that I am capable of loyalty, I chose to take my oldest ally to the final judgment. Despite my label as a Villain, I have played this game with honor: a deep honor for the game.A vote for me is a vote for the Game. Show the world that the Sole Survivor really is he who outwits and outplays, not simply the person whom we like the most.

Russell just really blows at the jury presentation. Does anyone else think that a solid speech at that point could reframe everything he has done and possibly win him the game? I have written my own Russell speech. If Russell said something like this does he get some votes at least? It’s up to you, the jury, to decide what this game is really about. The motto of the show is: Outwit, outplay, outlast. I think it is perhaps the greatest strategy came our culture has recently invented. I argue that the greatest strategist should be the winner of the game. I know that during the course of playing this game, my strategic interests have come above my personal relationships with you all. I ask you to believe that despite this, I respect you all, and under different circumstances we may have cultivated those personal relationships in different ways. Hopefully in the future, we can do just that, having shared this unique experience. But when best friends sit down for a game of poker, they should bluff when it is in their interest lest they disrespect the object of the game: to win. When we are engaged in a game of chess I cannot in good conscience spare your unprotected queen out of sympathy. To reward me for doing so would threaten the basis of the game. In our game, betrayal and deceit are tools with as much value as trust and honor. I have demonstrated through the last 39 days the ability to wield both weapons with skill. In some cases I have earned your trust, and honored it; in other cases I have betrayed you and lied. I don’t apologize for this just as I don’t apologize for showing you my unpaired hand when I am bluffing. It is clear that neither of my opponents have played this game with the same level of strategic insight that I have. Despite that, both have already won a million dollars before. They deserved those rewards, but this time I deserve mine. Further, to prove to you that I am capable of loyalty, I chose to take my oldest ally to the final judgment. Despite my label as a Villain, I have played this game with honor: a deep honor for the game.A vote for me is a vote for the Game. Show the world that the Sole Survivor really is he who outwits and outplays, not simply the person whom we like the most.
Definitely imo.Very well said.
I definitely believe that gets him a couple votes but I don't think he could come up with a speech like that.And I still believe that if it was down to him and Parv, I would give the edge to Parv in this season. I think she dragged him a little more along than he dragged her along. She wasn't a stupid girl like he was surrounded by last season.
Lots of text
Yes, I concur. It looked like he was headed that direction, but he didn't say enough and clearly looked like he didn't mean it much. Foolish behaviour. Hey, he could lie about that the way he lied about other things and, after the vote comes in, he could laugh about it all the way to the bank.
I think it is a great speech that would definitely get him a few votes, but I'm not sure he could say anything at all that would make him win.I think this is one really negative part about Ponderosa. All of the cast aways get together and bond and talk crap about everything that has been done in the game and it becomes a feeding/hating frenzy against someone like Russell. I agree with whoever said before, the jury should be individually sequestered and they should not be allowed to communicate until after the vote. There is way too much biast and influence that happens at Ponderosa imo.
PRIZE POOLTotal Prize Pool: $400 (20 x $20)1st Place: $2502nd/3rd: $75 (considered tied for 2nd)WINNERS$250 1st Place brvheart$75 2nd Place Tehtoe$75 3rd Place canuckickstanCONGRATS!!! :)Just shoot me your stars s/n again so I can payout
brvheart (Des Moines)
Yes, I concur. It looked like he was headed that direction, but he didn't say enough and clearly looked like he didn't mean it much. Foolish behaviour. Hey, he could lie about that the way he lied about other things and, after the vote comes in, he could laugh about it all the way to the bank.
He can't do it because he has to boast about everything. He can't find an idol without telling someone about it. He can't make a plan without telling someone about it. If he doesn't like you or thinks you are worthless he can't keep it to himself. He has no internal censor.
All 3 prizes have been shipped, please confirm :)Cheers
Got it, Thanks for running this again. I run good at these !~!

Anyone who says I have it all for Russell can seriously just piss off. I've given credit to the entire Final 3 and even admitted Sandra would probably win. Congrats. I still think Russell is the better player although his social game was incredibly lacking this season.

Caught up, not too much I can add here.Disappointing result, but predictable, at least for Russell. I thought Parvati deserved it. At least Russell got fan favorite and made Sanrda's comment look stupid.I just thought Russell and Parvati controlled the game so well. Look at the big moves/votes/tribals from the game that swung momentum: - Russell giving Parvati an idol and convincing Tyson to change his vote, then he sends Tyson home. Sandra is on the wrong end of that one. - Russell and Parvati convincing Jerri to come along with Danielle and blindside Rob. After this, they're in complete control of the Villain side. - Parvati using both idols (one of which Russell gave her) to protect Sandra and Jerri and get JT out (with his own idol). - Sandra tries to make a move at 9 and get rid of Russell, but he blocks her by flipping Candace and voting out Amanda, retaining control of the game.Obv a bad move they made was keeping Sandra instead of Courtney. No way Courtney wins the game. Russell just found himself at the end with no one he could beat. I was a little surprised he voted out Jerri, but she might have actually gotten some votes (Coach, Colby, Rupert, maybe a couple more Heroes).I disagreed with the dumbest move ever vote - IMO it is easily Erik giving up immunity to Natalie and going home that night. They were down to like 4 or 5 at that point.And I kind of agree with DNA on the Ponderosa videos. Anyone who watched some of those knew Russell was not winning. So many of the final tribal's comments and questions are so stupid because a lot of them have decided as a committee who to vote for, or who not to vote for at least.Amazing Race, meh. But I'd LOVE to see Russell on Big Brother, though it might be tough with his reputation now.

Russell on The Real World... lolAnyone who watched knew Russell wasn't winning. These were a group of players who simply took backstabbing too seriously. That's a HUGE part of the game. Even my mom agreed he should've won last season and probably this season and she's usually the sympathetic one.

Russell just really blows at the jury presentation. Does anyone else think that a solid speech at that point could reframe everything he has done and possibly win him the game? I have written my own Russell speech. If Russell said something like this does he get some votes at least? It's up to you, the jury, to decide what this game is really about. The motto of the show is: Outwit, outplay, outlast. I think it is perhaps the greatest strategy came our culture has recently invented. I argue that the greatest strategist should be the winner of the game. I know that during the course of playing this game, my strategic interests have come above my personal relationships with you all. I ask you to believe that despite this, I respect you all, and under different circumstances we may have cultivated those personal relationships in different ways. Hopefully in the future, we can do just that, having shared this unique experience. But when best friends sit down for a game of poker, they should bluff when it is in their interest lest they disrespect the object of the game: to win. When we are engaged in a game of chess I cannot in good conscience spare your unprotected queen out of sympathy. To reward me for doing so would threaten the basis of the game. In our game, betrayal and deceit are tools with as much value as trust and honor. I have demonstrated through the last 39 days the ability to wield both weapons with skill. In some cases I have earned your trust, and honored it; in other cases I have betrayed you and lied. I don't apologize for this just as I don't apologize for showing you my unpaired hand when I am bluffing. It is clear that neither of my opponents have played this game with the same level of strategic insight that I have. Despite that, both have already won a million dollars before. They deserved those rewards, but this time I deserve mine. Further, to prove to you that I am capable of loyalty, I chose to take my oldest ally to the final judgment. Despite my label as a Villain, I have played this game with honor: a deep honor for the game.A vote for me is a vote for the Game. Show the world that the Sole Survivor really is he who outwits and outplays, not simply the person whom we like the most.
Yep, this is correct. I've thought every season that at least one player could make this speech and win, but instead they blow it.

I'm sort of disappointed with the ending here, I've never liked Sandra.Having said that, the fact that she is 2-0 is very impressive, and it makes me think there is a problem with the editing for television. I think what wins the game is something that doesn't play well on TV. The producers like blind-sides, dramatic twists, etc. What wins seems to be a combination of staying below the radar, making friends, and one or two good moves.I really think Russell doesn't get it. He doesn't understand why he didn't win, even though the rules are quite clear. He just expects people to respect him. I think the correct word is 'entitled'. That never wins.I thought for sure Parvati would win, and would probably rank her ahead of Russell, just because Russell has no chance of winning, ever.