Wow, I don't even remember making this bet, but since it's still 50/50, I think I'll let it ride.
I'm surprised you didn't counter with $19.99. I don't like my side at all so gl me
  • Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just stupid. (no offense) Who are you, or anyone else, to say which is the correct way to play? Just because you value Russell's ability to completely alienate himself and make it impossible for him to win, doesn't mean he deserves to win.
tyI tried to be nice. :club:
Delved, I get it that you don't like Sandra, you have mentioned it probably in about 20 posts, but if you think she is a floater then I must be watching a completely different show.
Agree.
I can't believe Sandra didn't try to get Russell out. Her and Parvati must have really thought that Rupert was a threat to win the game, even moreso then Russell.
Rupert WAS a much bigger threat to win the game. He can win the jury a ton while Russell is the opposite. If they kept both heroes, one would for sure be there at the final four immunity. If they won there, they win the game. Now, Colby has to win back to back immunity to make it. Russell might take try to take Colby, though, because he doesn't seem to have a ton of jury strategy and likes shaking things up, so who knows.
I'm surprised you didn't counter with $19.99. I don't like my side at all so gl me
Actually I don't understand gambling at all. I thought you were suggesting that I pay you $14. I'll take your settlement of $14. Just apply it to my fantasy team please.
Rupert's even done it, he wrote Sandra's name down. lolAs for the people on the jury, it happens every season. People's feelings are always hurt. I'm not disagreeing with you, but you have to understand how much Russell has pissed off people and that has a great affect on how people vote. I forgot what season it was, but I remember Lex got real pissed at someone because he was stabbed in the back(they were actually good friends, forgot who it was).
He had no one else to vote for though, and they weren't really in any alliance. She just wanted to flip to them and she never did. And yeah that was Africa, Kim took Ethan instead of him at the Final 3. At that point there'd be a fairly good reason, lol.
Delved, I get it that you don't like Sandra, you have mentioned it probably in about 20 posts, but if you think she is a floater then I must be watching a completely different show.
I don't like her. She comes off as brash and she thinks she's better than everyone else. Some people do on this show, but the way she has I just cannot stand. And, "As long as it ain't me", how is that not a floater? She went with Rob until that fell apart, then went to Russell and got her to vote out people in the Villains so she could make it to the merge. She was going to join the Heroes side but instead kept floating around making sure the vote just wasn't on her. She could've been out at numerous times (which I think Russell's made a mistake not doing so, because I truly think she will win now if she makes the Final 3) but as it is, it is. She has floated almost the entire season though.
I don't like her. She comes off as brash and she thinks she's better than everyone else. Some people do on this show, but the way she has I just cannot stand. And, "As long as it ain't me", how is that not a floater? She went with Rob until that fell apart, then went to Russell and got her to vote out people in the Villains so she could make it to the merge. She was going to join the Heroes side but instead kept floating around making sure the vote just wasn't on her. She could've been out at numerous times (which I think Russell's made a mistake not doing so, because I truly think she will win now if she makes the Final 3) but as it is, it is. She has floated almost the entire season though.
Isn't is important that she continued 'making sure the vote just wasn't on her'? That seems like the whole point of the game.Also, how in the world can you LOVE Russell and HATE Sandra for the exact same reason? I'm not sure anyone on Earth is more brash and prideful than Russell. He can never keep an idol secret, because he wants to brag. He couldn't even keep his salary secret, for no other reason than to brag to Mick and Nat. His ego and pridefulness cost him 1 million so far... soon to be $2 million.

Because he simply plays the game way better than anyone else has played it. He will screw you over, he will do what it takes to get there.

Even though I agree with you, we have to remember these are real people and Russell really fucked with them worse than he fucked with the people last season. He's gotten more people to really hate him this season. So don't be surprised that people don't vote for Russell. Russell has absolutely no people skills and a HUGE ego that gets him in trouble.
Exactly.Russell is my fav, but look at the current jury members.No way he gets a vote from Coach, Courtney, Danielle, or Rupert.
Is it possible that Colby's strategy is to portray himself as useless and not a threat so people keep him? He has been ridiculously horrible in challenges and is portraying himself as a weak player and giving the impression that he has little chance to win in the end? He could not advance with alliance votes so he needed another strategy. I am starting to be convinced by this and if he suddenly out of the blue picks it up in the final challenge than I think I might be onto something
A small chance this is possible, but I honestly think he just got old.
Rupert's death stare.... lolJerri actually looked kind of hot in the episode.
I agree - LOL at Rupert's stare.I also agree with Parvati - Danielle looked pretty hot at tribal.
As for the people on the jury, it happens every season. People's feelings are always hurt. I'm not disagreeing with you, but you have to understand how much Russell has pissed off people and that has a great affect on how people vote. I forgot what season it was, but I remember Lex got real pissed at someone because he was stabbed in the back(they were actually good friends, forgot who it was).
Yeah. Russell's problem is that he doesn't really put himself in a position to argue that he was just making these moves in the context of the game, playing how he had to play, etc., because he just comes off as being a really ruthless bad guy. If he was betraying people and lying, but doing it from some detached objective calculating mindset, he could pull it off -- but instead he's a vindictive hothead who plays with a lot emotion. So I don't think is easy for the jurors to see him as someone just playing the game and 'deserving'. You have to have a way to show your good, human side to get people's sympathy even though you are acting against their interests. I'm still rooting for him though.

Did anyone else just laugh at Russell for being such a sore loser? "OMG Jerri took the girls, what a stupid strategic move... cause she should've picked a guy......." what? yea that's it. Also, Colby you simply SUCK at everything this season. Lets throw bucket of water in brothers face and then bitch at him after every toss how little of a man he is. :icon_clap:Don't really know who I'm rooting for anymore. Russell has been out there too long and is just becoming a baby. I think Parv or Sandra will win the game.

Did anyone else just laugh at Russell for being such a sore loser? "OMG Jerri took the girls, what a stupid strategic move... cause she should've picked a guy......." what? yea that's it. Also, Colby you simply SUCK at everything this season. Lets throw bucket of water in brothers face and then bitch at him after every toss how little of a man he is. :icon_clap:Don't really know who I'm rooting for anymore. Russell has been out there too long and is just becoming a baby. I think Parv or Sandra will win the game.
I am rooting for Parv at this point. There is just something miserable about Sandra that I cannot stand.

I'm pretty sure the Colby reactions with his brother may have been one of the funniest things I've ever seen on Survivor. Every throw that he got madder made me literally laugh out loud.Rupert's death stare has to be a top 10 as well.My final 5 prediction5) Sandra4) Colby3) Russell2) Jerri1) ParvatiI can also see Colby going 5 and Sandra going 4. Can also see Jerri winning with Parvati in 2nd. Don't forsee a way that Colby or Russell wins this. Also, if Sandra somehow makes it to the final 3 by winning immunity I think she wins it.It should be known that any time I make predictions there is a 99.9% chance it will be completely wrong

He had no one else to vote for though, and they weren't really in any alliance. She just wanted to flip to them and she never did. And yeah that was Africa, Kim took Ethan instead of him at the Final 3. At that point there'd be a fairly good reason, lol.I don't like her. She comes off as brash and she thinks she's better than everyone else. Some people do on this show, but the way she has I just cannot stand. And, "As long as it ain't me", how is that not a floater? She went with Rob until that fell apart, then went to Russell and got her to vote out people in the Villains so she could make it to the merge. She was going to join the Heroes side but instead kept floating around making sure the vote just wasn't on her. She could've been out at numerous times (which I think Russell's made a mistake not doing so, because I truly think she will win now if she makes the Final 3) but as it is, it is. She has floated almost the entire season though.
Um, she seems to be acting totally natural for a Puerto Rican. Yeah, it's stereotypical, but I can say that. :club:
I'm pretty sure the Colby reactions with his brother may have been one of the funniest things I've ever seen on Survivor. Every throw that he got madder made me literally laugh out loud.Rupert's death stare has to be a top 10 as well.My final 5 prediction5) Sandra4) Colby3) Russell2) Jerri1) ParvatiI can also see Colby going 5 and Sandra going 4. Can also see Jerri winning with Parvati in 2nd. Don't forsee a way that Colby or Russell wins this. Also, if Sandra somehow makes it to the final 3 by winning immunity I think she wins it.It should be known that any time I make predictions there is a 99.9% chance it will be completely wrong
You think Jerri would get more jury votes than Parv? I just can't see that happening, Parvati saved Jerri with an idol that should be enough right there to have her win.Does anyone know if this season is a final 3 or a final 2? I'm guessing Final 3 because there's 5 ppl left in the finale.
You think Jerri would get more jury votes than Parv? I just can't see that happening, Parvati saved Jerri with an idol that should be enough right there to have her win.
The biggest thing going for Jerri and against Parv is the fact Parv has already won a million dollars.Jerri has not really pissed too many people off, stayed in the background yet made instrumental moves in the game.I think Parv deserves it over Jerri as she has played a much much much stronger and more strategic game, but I think the fact she has already won could/will hurt her.Again, I am usually wrong.
The biggest thing going for Jerri and against Parv is the fact Parv has already won a million dollars.Jerri has not really pissed too many people off, stayed in the background yet made instrumental moves in the game.I think Parv deserves it over Jerri as she has played a much much much stronger and more strategic game, but I think the fact she has already won could/will hurt her.Again, I am usually wrong.
I agree...you usually are. :icon_biggrin:Honestly though, I wonder if that is going to be that much of a factor, already having won a million.

One thing going for Russell in this season is that he is playing with players who have ALL played the game. The problem in Samoa was that no one playing with him appreciated how he dominated the game. They took it personally. Everyone in H&V is more seasoned and understands what needs to be done to win. They MIGHT not take it as personally and appreciate what he did to dominate.

And Colby still sucks at everything.
And he's a douche
lol And he blames his brother.Then fails in the first 15 seconds on immunity challenge.
BEcause he's a douche
IDK, if you guys watched how the votes went, but Sandra didn't need the idol. Russell and Jerri voted for Rupert.
Last opp to play it, so why not play it regardless
He's playing for a million dollars. I'd stab people in the back if I knew it'd get me further into the game. People on the jury are obviously useless if they can't see that, because they did it themselves and would do it.. unless they're Rupert.
I agree that last season the jury was ****ing lame. How can you possibly have voted for Nat when Russell ran the game from start to finish. Pathetic display of game knowledge and poor sportsmanship.This season, however, Russell has done his absolute best to alienate everyone. As much as he has been the most active player, etc, I don't think he stands a chance at winning.
Less than literally anything else in this game I've never been able to understand Jury voting based on who "needs" the $. How can this POSSIBLY be a factor in deciding who wins the game?!?I'm not saying you're wrong. I just hate that it DOES become a factor.
I agree...you usually are. :icon_biggrin:Honestly though, I wonder if that is going to be that much of a factor, already having won a million.
Less than literally anything else in this game I've never been able to understand Jury voting based on who "needs" the $. How can this POSSIBLY be a factor in deciding who wins the game?!?I'm not saying you're wrong. I just hate that it DOES become a factor.
It has been a factor in nearly all of the previous seasons. You can almost always count on a question from some jury member regarding what they would do with the money if they won.It seems there is a strange transition period at the final 2 or 3 where people stop seeing the game and start seeing reality and the reality is they are giving someone a million dollars.I tend to believe the money will be less of a factor this particular season since all the players already have some form of notoriety or money.Guess we'll see.

Final 51.canuckickstan PICKS Russell3.Figger PICKS Colby6.brvheart PICKS Sandra14.vatche PICKS Jerri18.Tehtoe PICKS ParvatiEliminated2.untilted PICKS James4.SAM_Hard8 PICKS Rupert5.gobears PICKS Amanda7.Gallo PICKS Tyson8.sinc PICKS danielle9.troyomac PICKS Boston Rob10.Mercury69 PICKS Stephenie11.Ottawa Biatch/Serge PICKS JT12.Governator PICKS Cirie13.looshle PICKS coach15.hblask PICKS Tom16.dna4ever PICKS Courtney17.GWCGWC PICKS Sugar19.king_tanner PICKS Randy20.Naked_Cowboy PICKS Candice

One thing going for Russell in this season is that he is playing with players who have ALL played the game. The problem in Samoa was that no one playing with him appreciated how he dominated the game. They took it personally. Everyone in H&V is more seasoned and understands what needs to be done to win. They MIGHT not take it as personally and appreciate what he did to dominate.
Did you miss All-Stars? Every jury takes it personally. It doesn't matter if they've played before.
Did you miss All-Stars? Every jury takes it personally. It doesn't matter if they've played before.
I don't get why people don't understand this?