New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

only read is that he's a loose idiot and has called down w/TP (aces) before, not raisingFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($27.32)SB ($23.14)BB ($41.30)Hero (UTG) ($41.18)MP ($25)CO ($25.65)Preflop: Hero is UTG with K :club:, K :4hHero bets $0.75, 2 folds, Button calls $0.75, SB calls $0.65, 1 foldFlop: ($2.50) 2 :5c, 4 :3h, 6 :ts(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $1.75, Button raises to $6, 1 fold, Hero foldsTotal pot: $6 | Rake: $0.30Results:Button didn't showOutcome: Button won $5.70

I guess this is a cooler but I don't know. I guess I could play AA,JT,QT,KK the same way. Still think it is a stupid hand though
preflop im not a fan of either your 3 bet or his defend but i think both can be justified. Post tho its a cooler, no other way really for either of you to play your hands.
If we are planning on folding to a 4bet then we shouldn't be 3betting AQ. It is raising for information. Call the raise with AQ and 3bet something you wouldn't call with like A6 or 68s
If villain's calling range is wide (like KQ/QJ/55) and his 4-betting range narrow (as is the case w/most 25nl regs) then it makes perfect sense to 3-bet/fold AQ.
preflop im not a fan of either your 3 bet or his defend but i think both can be justified. Post tho its a cooler, no other way really for either of you to play your hands.
Can you go into more detail of why you don't like the 3ball ?
If villain's calling range is wide (like KQ/QJ/55) and his 4-betting range narrow (as is the case w/most 25nl regs) then it makes perfect sense to 3-bet/fold AQ.
Your right it does depend. Without reads though we shouldn't be turning AQ into a bluff (we 3bet they 4bet, we fold , we could do that with ATC)
Can you go into more detail of why you don't like the 3ball ?
I like turning hands just outside of our calling range into a bluff, which is what I believe you are doing here. But i prefer to do it with hands with a bit more playability. I guess K9s is ok, with a K blocker and the ability to make strong/nut flushes. I just like to do it with a hand like J9s or 68s or w/e. Hands with less RIO and can flop really well. Maybe its just a style thing. I don't think its a bad 3 bet, I just don't 3 bet that particular hand. I could be way off tho
So many regs watch training videos and know that when someone 3 bets you BBvSB, BTNvCO, BlindVBTN that they 4bet bluff really wide since 5betbluffing is uncommon. So shoving to exploit the wide bluff range or calling can be good plays. If we are planning on folding to a 4bet then we shouldn't be 3betting AQ. It is raising for information. Call the raise with AQ and 3bet something you wouldn't call with like A6 or 68s
No way, i ain't simply gonna call a spot i could easily 3-bet for value simply because he could 4-bet back at me. I believe your reasoning is flawed; why would we go through with a hand we 3-betted light unless we believe his range is just as wide when he 4-bets, which it obviously isn't.The 2 decisions we have to make after his raise and his 4-bets should be threated as such, 2 decisions.Until i have a good reason to believe that the individual is experienced enough to pull a 4-bet bluff, i'll assume they never bluff unless it's on an obvious board. They are mostly Loose Passive down there, so i'll value bet them to death and give them credits on their raises much more.
I'm in this camp.I think a lot of regs are exploitable bc they will call a 3b too light in the sb BvB.So our 3b is for value, crushes his 3b calling range and is crushed by his 4betting range... 3b/fold... it seems dirty but I like!!!
No way, i ain't simply gonna call a spot i could easily 3-bet for value simply because he could 4-bet back at me. I believe your reasoning is flawed; why would we go through with a hand we 3-betted light unless we believe his range is just as wide when he 4-bets, which it obviously isn't.The 2 decisions we have to make after his raise and his 4-bets should be threated as such, 2 decisions.Until i have a good reason to believe that the individual is experienced enough to pull a 4-bet bluff, i'll assume they never bluff unless it's on an obvious board. They are mostly Loose Passive down there, so i'll value bet them to death and give them credits on their raises much more.
Against a non-reg, this reasoning makes sense. There's more value to the preflop 3bet because they're sticking around and will call oop with hands you crush. Against a reg, they'll 4bet and pick up the dead money most of the time, and as they narrow your calling/jamming range they'll widen their 4betting range and punish you more mercilessly. Or, they're going to fold and lose 2-4bb. You've gotten minimal value. Against these villains, you have more value through relative hand strength, position, and postflop skillz.EDIT: Plus, do the opposite of whatever James says.
I'm in this camp.I think a lot of regs are exploitable bc they will call a 3b too light in the sb BvB.So our 3b is for value, crushes his 3b calling range and is crushed by his 4betting range... 3b/fold... it seems dirty but I like!!!
Yes there are times that 3bet/folding with AQ is going to be the prudent play, but against any semi decent reg i would never 3bet/fold AQ. Also in a spot where 3bet/5bet shipping is break-even or maybe slightly -ev it helps balance our range. same goes with flatting AQ in pos here for the times we don't want to 3bet get it in, it helps balance.Edit: this is all assuming BvB or CO vs Btn type situations
EDIT: Plus, do the opposite of whatever James says.
hidi see it both ways and it's (like 99.9% of poker decisions) villain dependentXXEDDIE, are you using a hud? we neeeeeeeeeed stats and notes...My style of play, I would normally flat pre and play a smaller pot, in position vs his weakest range... I'm also just a fit/fold nit :club:
this is 25nl guysthe closest you get to a 4bb is sitting with one of them. like ARTHUR. or JAMES.
That's fine, then most villains you run across are going to be the type where 3bet/folding may be the best play. But I urge you not to go "oh its 25nl no one is capable of 4bbing". You need to make sure you know how to adjust against all types of villains and to be able to pick out what type of player each villain is.
I like turning hands just outside of our calling range into a bluff, which is what I believe you are doing here. But i prefer to do it with hands with a bit more playability. I guess K9s is ok, with a K blocker and the ability to make strong/nut flushes. I just like to do it with a hand like J9s or 68s or w/e. Hands with less RIO and can flop really well. Maybe its just a style thing. I don't think its a bad 3 bet, I just don't 3 bet that particular hand. I could be way off tho
Yeah RIO are definitely a problem w pairs. Does having a stronger flush draw make up for it; I have no idea. Seems like a style thing. Could be something more to it though so ill think about it for sure. Thanks for input
this is 25nl guysthe closest you get to a 4bb is sitting with one of them. like ARTHUR. or JAMES.
LOL that's a golden line
Played some lollive 200nl tonight.made a pretty sick/decent/horrible call w/A4 on 845J9
more details, and we'll be the judge of sick/decent/horribleDrew and I had conflicting views on this hand: I feel like a small raise and cheap bluff. Drew said he tought jamming was best as we maximize our fold equity and stay away from a tough turn spot if he flats (we get to bink a J on the turn vs his set of tens and stuff)... (I am paraphrasing what drew said... he can clarify if I'm way off)any thoughts?? what about a size in the middle like $9.5 or so...Villain is a TAG reg, 25/24/5AF, 9%3b, 60% fold to 3b. cbets 75% and folds to cbet of 33% (150 hand sample; winning over those hands on my hud, -2.5BB/100 loser at 40k hands of 50nl 6max)feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersCO fastliketiger: $25.00 Button AndreiS5: $37.23 SB skandi1959: $28.14 BB Hero: $25.03 UTG meatrake: $25.00 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with Kc.gifAd.gif (5 players)2 folds, AndreiS5 raises to $0.75, skandi1959 folds, Hero raises to $2.75, AndreiS5 calls $2Flop: ($5.60) Qd.gifTh.gif5s.gif (2 players)Hero bets $1.50, AndreiS5 raises to $4.25, Hero raises to $7.25,
lol at Drew thinking he knows poker
You disappear forever but reappear just to make fun of me, FMFL :club:
standard
WAT?Going to take a day off from the LOL online poker grind and going to grind some LOL live poker. Lets just hope i don't swing as much as I have been the last few days.
Are you doing that with AA and KK in that spot? What about sets?
yeah, I prob flat AA KK and sets. and c/c or crai turns... depending on cards/sizingI could 3b small like I did with AA KK to induce, bc when he raises the rootbeer I think he's got more air than value hands, so my in-game thoughts were to re-bluff bc I haz Ahigh oop