New Challenge: Movin' On Up

guys are solid tonightFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($32.07)Hero (MP) ($25)CO ($7.15)Button ($36.08)SB ($25.27)BB ($65.56)Preflop: Hero is MP with 2 :club:, J :7s3 folds, Button bets $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB raises to $3, Button raises to $36.08 (All-In), 1 fold, BB calls $33.08Flop: ($72.91) 8 :club:, K :D, 7 :ts(2 players, 1 all-in)Turn: ($72.91) 5 :4h(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($72.91) A :D(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $72.91 | Rake: $3Results:Button had K :D, J :5c (one pair, Kings).BB had 5 :ts, 6 :3h (one pair, fives).Outcome: Button won $69.91Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($32.07)Hero (UTG) ($25)MP ($24.65)CO ($69.91)Button ($24.52)SB ($29.48)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8 :qh, 10 :4h2 folds, CO bets $0.75, Button raises to $3, SB calls $2.90, 1 fold, CO calls $2.25Flop: ($9.25) 8 :D, 2 :D, 4 :D(3 players)SB checks, CO checks, Button bets $7, SB raises to $26.48 (All-In), CO raises to $66.91 (All-In), Button calls $14.52 (All-In)Turn: ($83.73) K :jh(3 players, 3 all-in)River: ($83.73) 2 :qc(3 players, 3 all-in)Total pot: $83.73 | Rake: $3Results:Button had A :5c, Q :D (one pair, twos).SB had 9 :3d, J :3h (one pair, twos).CO had K :qh, 8 :jh (two pair, Kings and eights).Outcome: CO won $80.73

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

regz. what's funny is that it's a snap call because he should be c/betting any hand that hits this board and or has no SD value like 2x, and he shows up w/96? is that a handreading win or failFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($25)UTG ($78.69)MP ($26.37)CO ($39.03)Hero (Button) ($29.93)SB ($27)Preflop: Hero is Button with J :5c, A :3h2 folds, CO bets $0.85, Hero calls $0.85, 2 foldsFlop: ($2.05) 3 :qh, 4 :D, A :D(2 players)CO checks, Hero checksTurn: ($2.05) 5 :club:(2 players)CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50River: ($5.05) 8 :D(2 players)CO bets $3.75, Hero calls $3.75Total pot: $12.55 | Rake: $0.62Results:Hero had J :jh, A :D (one pair, Aces).CO had 9 :ts, 6 :4h (high card, Ace).Outcome: Hero won $11.93

Weird hand of the night.I've been going back and forth with villain for a while as he was the fish at the table (39/25)Flop: Standard Turn: Standard again against this player. Do we ever c/c the turn against a reg?River: I couldn't really think of many hands that would call a river bet that I'm ahead of other than QJ. Granted, he could bluff raise me, but I really don't know his frequencies for river bluffs, and I really didn't feel like bet/folding a hand with pretty good showdown value.. So I just took the conservative route and check/called.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 4 playersButton: $55.85 SB: $53.05 (Hero)BB: $64.15 UTG: $58.05 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with :ts:3h (4 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $2, BB calls $1.50Flop: ($4.00) :D:5c:club: (2 players)Hero bets $3, BB calls $3Turn: ($10.00) :D (2 players)Hero bets $6.50, BB calls $6.50River: ($23.00) :D (2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $14, Hero calls $14Hero showed :4h:qh, and

won ($49) with two pair, Kings and Sevens

BB showed :jh:D,

and lost with two pair, Sevens and Threes

Hero

won $49(Rake: $2)

trystero - 6max I would usually 3-bet pre. Any reason you didn't? Or is a 3-bet just bad there? Other than that I like the hand. Jon - I think I may fire $15-ish on the river. But I don't mind the conservative route.

KJ hand I did raise to $7, Villain re-raised to $15 and I mucked.TT hand villain muckedKQ hand I called and villain showed AJo. Odd line from him... Cold call 3 OOP than post oak turn and river..?

jon, that river is like the nutsRiver I like a c/c but a bet would also be fine. You only think you get paid off by QJ? What about all of the other Qx combos? This short-handed, with the history you no doubt have developed w/villian, you don't think Jx looks you up too?

trystero - 6max I would usually 3-bet pre. Any reason you didn't? Or is a 3-bet just bad there? Other than that I like the hand.
id def flat if the blinds were fish.
Jon - I think I may fire $15-ish on the river. But I don't mind the conservative route.
I don't really think this is conservative to check-call... it's more just bad imo. Only draws that missed are straight draws and really no reason to be afraid of being blown off with a bet/fold except by the rare overvalued QJ. I think its just flat out a case of missed value, but LOL results and such
YhNKbV57zLnGJLK_XlWr.pngWhat these stats meansx7SHLA_ShtqhYl5i0Fr.pngvillain is a reg. He just sort of blends with the wall paper as he doesn't really do much.I don't know if he would 4bet AK here. My 3bet could be between 4-7 to him, can't be sure. feral_cow_icon.gifbeware the feral cow packs. they hunger.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 6 players BB: $69.90 (Hero)UTG: $50.00 UTG+1: $50.05 CO: $27.40 Button: $70.00 SB: $50.25 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with :5c:4h (6 players)UTG+1 raises to $1.75, 3 folds, Hero raises to $5, UTG+1 calls $3.25Flop: ($10.25) :club::ts:3h (3 players)Hero ???What's my plan?
YhNKbV57zLnGJLK_XlWr.pngWhat these stats meansx7SHLA_ShtqhYl5i0Fr.pngvillain is a reg. He just sort of blends with the wall paper as he doesn't really do much.I don't know if he would 4bet AK here. My 3bet could be between 4-7 to him, can't be sure. feral_cow_icon.gifbeware the feral cow packs. they hunger.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 6 players BB: $69.90 (Hero)UTG: $50.00 UTG+1: $50.05 CO: $27.40 Button: $70.00 SB: $50.25 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with :5c:4h (6 players)UTG+1 raises to $1.75, 3 folds, Hero raises to $5, UTG+1 calls $3.25Flop: ($10.25) :club::ts:3h (3 players)Hero ???What's my plan?
so we're against a nit. On the table I just think "nfd and set redraws, bet/call" but it may be best to check and see what he does. This kind of opponent won't give us a lot of action unless he's flopped a flush, a set of tens, or AxQd. He can also have AK, though I don't think he's going to go crazy with it, since he cannot have the NFD
Such an ew spot... check and proceed from there?I hate a c/r as i think it never gets better to foldc-c seems weakbet/3bet has same issues as c/r

raise/call flop orFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($38.17)UTG ($52.08)MP ($9.76)CO ($28.92)Hero (Button) ($25)SB ($19.40)Preflop: Hero is Button with Q :ts, Q :qh1 fold, MP calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero bets $1, SB calls $0.90, 2 foldsFlop: ($2.50) 5 :5c, 9 :4h, 6 :club:(2 players)SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50Turn: ($7.50) 10 :3h(2 players)SB bets $6, Hero raises to $21.50 (All-In)

you know you had a shitty 500 hand session when the biggest pot you lost was $5 but you were still down $20
shitty or nitty? :club:
I hear ya. This month has been pretty blah for me. Although it's been a great learning experience, because it's made me really focus on my game and reviewing hands after every session has also helped.
Past few months you look as if you've been rolling. What's your situation like in terms of moving up to 100nl even with this month?
shitty or nitty? smile.gif
Same thing, ain't it?

Been out of action for a few days thanks to system death, good time for an up swing crushing spree imo now the new system is all set up.

Past few months you look as if you've been rolling. What's your situation like in terms of moving up to 100nl even with this month?
Leaks and mistakes don't show up as well when you run good. No plans to move up just yet, even if I do go robusto or ship a decent mtt score this month. I just think I've got some more stuff to work on. Plus I'm trying to work in some more PLO into my schedule.

On Stars, pretty much anything up to like $20ish, but I think my average BI is around 11 or 12.I really like any rebuy or any rebuy/add on ones.Haven't played that much this month though, mostly ring games. Might play a few tonight, and then the miniFTOPS ME tomorrow.

I'd just bet/3bet get it in. The only flush he can have is QJdd and we have 11 outs against everything else (assuming he didn't decide to be a hero with AA). Checking sucks because we're forced to c/c as c/f and c/r just seem rly rly bad to me. And then every option on the turn sucks if we're not able to get to showdown for free after the flop.
watching the big game, I'm hoping that this analyst Joe Stapleton (I don't know him) is aware of how ridiculous his made-for-tv analysis is.He's commenting on one of the players: for the first 15 hands her VPIP was 6%, and she lost $4,000. In the past 25 hands her VPIP is 20%, and that's +$11k profit. Tells me she's gotten comfortable at these stakes and is willing to mix it up to win the moneys.OrIn her first 15 hands, card dead.25 hands, get better hands, hit flops, and win money.
Stapleton (with the help of Fricke) is still doing the best poker analysis ever done on TV. Like, other than Nejad, there aren't any other poker commentators that I actually like. Yes, they draw too many conclusions based on sample size, but they're much better than listening to Gabe Kaplan and Norman Chad advocate donkbetting.