New Challenge: Movin' On Up

guess it could be a really sexy spot to semi bluff jam turn with like a flush draw or something (bc his range is super wide and we only have XXhigh if we're naked flush draw)
Yeah, my thinking. Figured much of his range was Ax hands and I was ready to fire the turn. Small turn bet was weird.Watched about half that vid. I hate flatting an UTG raise with ATs. As played it looks like he could easily have had AQ/AJ. Also, do you always 3bet so big? I virtually never 3bet more than pot unless against some huge fish who will call anyway. Usually 1-2bb less than pot.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Was QT two pair? AQTdd board or AQJ??Also, would you mind elaborating more on your play with JJ? I've been thinking more about whether I call with 8x. Re: 44... Results, brah. I induced, you spazzzz, I held, pokerz is easy. :club:
QT was bottom two. JJ the board was Q82 rainbow, I expect you to call with Ace high a fair amount and never fold pairs. It is so dry and I had been trying to bet everything. Turn is a King which is a "good scare card", river is a nothing 5. I think the river bet is a bit too loose considering you would 3bet TT and 99 and alot of 77-33 pre flop. If you were not 3betting most pairs pre flop then I think the river is a good bet.Also If I value bet this thin, then you can't call as light in future which means I can bluff even more.
ya it was fun too.James kept outplaying me tho.
I ran hotI just got my teeth kicked in at a lolive home game... Dude limp calls J6hh BvB preflop. I have the AcKhHe checks dark on all three streets on AT4hhh9s7d and I barrel off and lolzsighover it

when ur sleepy.. u dont exactly betsize right.. but when they are bad enough.. it doesnt matter.feral_cow_icon.gifv1.24Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 9 playersUTG+1 Bizon200k: $12.58 MP katytexan74: $8.60 MP2 xenoss: $8.80 HJ mfan: $10.36 CO darlingm: $10.72 Button Silentninja1989: $15.41 SB Philhimself9: $55.46 BB Hero: $14.99 UTG BroncoHos: $1.95 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with :jh: :D: (9 players)BroncoHos raises to $0.30, 5 folds, Silentninja1989 calls $0.30, Philhimself9 folds, Hero raises to $1.70, BroncoHos raises to $1.95, and is all in, Silentninja1989 calls $1.65, Hero calls $0.25Flop: ($5.90) :3h: :club:: :qh: (3 players)Hero bets $2.35, Silentninja1989 calls $2.35Turn: ($10.60) :ts: (3 players)Hero bets $10.69, and is all in, Silentninja1989 calls $10.69River: ($31.98) :club:: (3 players)Silentninja1989 showed :5c: :4h:, and lost with two pair, Fives and FoursHero showed :D: :D:, and won ($29.98) with two pair, Aces and FoursBroncoHos showed :D: :ts:, and lost with a pair of FoursHero won $29.98(Rake: $2)

this one made me laugh.feral_cow_icon.gifv1.24Converted by a herd of feral cowsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersSB Hero: $14.22 BB ACHTU2NG: $16.19 UTG rdh05002: $19.99 UTG+1 quinnmo20: $9.43 CO IwnbMeganFox: $10.38 Button Eddie15021983: $11.00 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with :D: :5c: (6 players)4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, ACHTU2NG calls $0.30Flop: ($0.80) :ts: :5c: :qh: (2 players)Hero bets $0.60, ACHTU2NG calls $0.60Turn: ($2.00) :D: (2 players)Hero bets $1.50, ACHTU2NG calls $1.50River: ($5.00) :ts: (2 players)Hero bets $4, ACHTU2NG calls $4Hero showed :D: :3h:, and won ($12.14) with two pair, Kings and ThreesACHTU2NG mucked :jh: :club::Hero won $12.14(Rake: $0.86)ok here is a legit one.feral_cow_icon.gifv1.24Cows play poker with cow chipsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersUTG neas78: $4.86 UTG+1 MikePorto: $16.07 CO maddix36: $6.96 Button YDid I SuckOut: $31.15 SB Hero: $10.00 BB RazeDeezNutz: $33.88 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with :D: :qh: (6 players)neas78 folds, MikePorto raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.20, RazeDeezNutz folds, MikePorto calls $0.90Flop: ($2.50) :4h: :3h: :club:: (2 players)Hero bets $1.60, MikePorto calls $1.60Turn: ($5.70) :jh: (2 players)Hero bets $3.20, MikePorto calls $3.20River: ($12.10) :4h: (2 players)i set this up for an easy 1/3 psb river shove. does the river affect that in anyway.. jam still? c/c? i think c/f is out of the question tho.

droberts: I think with an overpair on a board like J93dd you can get away with a bigger flop bet. He wont fold a jack for hardly anything on the flop and If he has called pre with some speculative hand that now has a draw he is definitely calling $1.9-$2 on the flop, if not more. As played just jam the river, you only have $4 left, if he hasn't folded that jack so far no reason he will getting 4-1 here. You are right that you can't really c/f, our stack is too small for him to consider bluffing, so we have to bet.

droberts: I think with an overpair on a board like J93dd you can get away with a bigger flop bet. He wont fold a jack for hardly anything on the flop and If he has called pre with some speculative hand that now has a draw he is definitely calling $1.9-$2 on the flop, if not more. As played just jam the river, you only have $4 left, if he hasn't folded that jack so far no reason he will getting 4-1 here. You are right that you can't really c/f, our stack is too small for him to consider bluffing, so we have to bet.
When we 3bet we will not always have KK. betting smaller here lets us get away with cbetting smaller when we have AK,AQ,22-77 ect in the future. He could bet bigger, it wouldn't be a mistake on this hand in a vacuum. Whether it is the best move in regard to our range in future hands depends on what our 3bet range/ his 3ball calling range consists of and how they react. Whether that matters depends on the amount of volume that opponent and you put in at the stakes you play and his skill to notice and exploit the sizing.
I ran hotI just got my teeth kicked in at a lolive home game... Dude limp calls J6hh BvB preflop. I have the AcKhHe checks dark on all three streets on AT4hhh9s7d and I barrel off and lolzsighover it
it'd truly be lolzsigh if he had check/called every street dark. "So I got...a flush!!!"

^^^^^ just limp/call pre, check dark and let me flop top-top with nfd while you flop a flush... who does that... sifheoubfailehbahjbvSo I wanted to make Gold Iron Man this month... need 25 days at 125 pts per day.Picture2-22.pngI have 20 days and have qualified to Silver.There are 5 days left in December... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 imoIron Man page says I can't qualify for Gold at 125 pts per day... THOUGHTS????? Am I missing something?Picture1-32.png

Iron Man page says I can't qualify for Gold at 125 pts per day... THOUGHTS????? Am I missing something?
Keep grinding. You're fine. Bad coding by ftp. Because you haven't gotten 125 today, it is writing off today in its days-to-go calculation.

On that subject does anyone know if it's worth spending 30 iron man medals on an iron man day if it makes the difference between gold and iron?

On that subject does anyone know if it's worth spending 30 iron man medals on an iron man day if it makes the difference between gold and iron?
Easily. You'll get the medals right back in the difference at the end of the month. If you're in your first month of the promotion, you'll get 70 medals at the end of the month for getting Gold and 100 for getting Iron. If you're 2-3 months, it's 85 versus 120. Carried to the extreme (36+ months), you get 500 medals for Gold and 900 for Iron.
When we 3bet we will not always have KK. betting smaller here lets us get away with cbetting smaller when we have AK,AQ,22-77 ect in the future. He could bet bigger, it wouldn't be a mistake on this hand in a vacuum. Whether it is the best move in regard to our range in future hands depends on what our 3bet range/ his 3ball calling range consists of and how they react. Whether that matters depends on the amount of volume that opponent and you put in at the stakes you play and his skill to notice and exploit the sizing.
To be fair I'm not going to be having 22-77 much if ever in this spot, and this board hits his flatting range pretty well. Anyway, I think its only a small point.
FTP servers were down for an hour or two so they give everyone 500 points0o0o0
Am I right in saying that they don't actually give you points just count them towards iron man?
Easily. You'll get the medals right back in the difference at the end of the month. If you're in your first month of the promotion, you'll get 70 medals at the end of the month for getting Gold and 100 for getting Iron. If you're 2-3 months, it's 85 versus 120. Carried to the extreme (36+ months), you get 500 medals for Gold and 900 for Iron.
Thanks. I take it you've gone back to 100NL? I haven't spotted you around the 50NL tables now I'm back there.
Keep grinding. You're fine. Bad coding by ftp. Because you haven't gotten 125 today, it is writing off today in its days-to-go calculation.
This. It counts the red day as a miss. I remember grinding on the cusp like you are a while ago and every day I would have the month table go from no to yes. It is kind of motivating
To be fair I'm not going to be having 22-77 much if ever in this spot, and this board hits his flatting range pretty well. Anyway, I think its only a small point.
I just listed the most likely general hands that you 3bet with that miss this board. I rarely have AQ in this spot (crazy I know)

Any thoughts on this hand. Re raising the flop is a possibility, but I'm not jumping at the chance to get it in vs sets/Axhh/overpairs.Raise turn? Small value on river?feral_cow_icon.gifConverting hands till the cows come homeHEM/Full Tilt NL Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersUTG+1: $32.82 CO: $47.77 (Hero)Button: $23.70 SB: $28.30 BB: $43.76 UTG: $8.45 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with :club::5c (6 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, BB calls $0.50Flop: ($1.60) :ts:4h:3h (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $1.00, BB raises to $3.00, Hero calls $2.00Turn: ($7.60) :qh (2 players)BB bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00River: ($17.60) :jh (2 players)BB checks.....