New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

I have been failing my volume goals over break so far. Only 6k hands so far over almost 2 weeks.I have been working a lot and have made some monies, so that's good.Wednesday is my last day of work. I'm going skiing Thursday. Friday starts the real grind.Looking for a prop-betDec. 31st - January 8th. I head back to school on the 9th. So 9 days. 20k hands. All at 25nl 6max. 1-1. I'll book up to $125 on it. Take as much or little as you'd like.That's 2,223 hands per day. I won't play more than 6 tables.I have only played > 2k hands a day 5 times this year.Picture2-23.pngPost here if you want to book some action. If you have questions, want to talk about some stuff, you can post here, PM me or hit me up on AIM/Skype IKingJamesKJ and Kingjames_kj respectively.EDIT: also willing to discuss a must profit bet, we can discuss odds.
I'll take the lot.$125 bookededit: If you want to escrow the money I am fine with that. lmk
bookedI think we're good on the escrow unless you want to
We're cool, just offering so you wouldn't feel awkward about asking. I hope you win $4,534.00 and play 19k hands :club:
We're cool, just offering so you wouldn't feel awkward about asking. I hope you win $4,534.00 and play 19k hands :club:
That is the planWin all the gold so that paying off when I dont feel like playing the last day isn't a big dealwill post graph telling you to ship the monies when I'm done grinding my face off
GL James, thats a lot of hands. Just don't spew off your roll trying to meet a volume goal.
tyty I'm super over-rolled for 25nl and to be honest I've gotten to the point of near tilt-less-ness.I went on a 20bi downer in November but it helped me a ton with my mental game and understanding some variance... only 15k hands or so, but it was interesting.Actually robusto'd that ish today... I've adjusted my game a lot. I've really learned not to bloat pots oop with marginal stuff and it seems like it's working... here's to continued rocketship!!!Picture5-14.png

And this was my fun hand of the day:feral_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersCO IPlayOnlyAAKK: $32.65 Button Brimasch: $88.65 SB prorab888: $25.00 BB AceKingOfClubs1: $50.11 UTG Lazard777: $23.98 UTG+1 Hero: $32.08 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG+1 with Ad.gifAs.gif (6 players)Lazard777 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, IPlayOnlyAAKK folds, Brimasch raises to $1.50, prorab888 calls $1.40, AceKingOfClubs1 folds, Hero raises to $7, Brimasch calls $5.50, prorab888 raises to $25, and is all in, Hero raises to $32.08, and is all in, Brimasch calls $25.08Flop: ($90.16) 3d.gif9h.gifKh.gif (3 players)Turn: ($90.16) 3c.gif (3 players)River: ($90.16) 6d.gif (3 players)Brimasch showed Qc.gif9c.gif, and lost with two pair, Nines and Threesprorab888 showed Qs.gifQd.gif, and lost with two pair, Queens and ThreesHero showed Ad.gifAs.gif, and won ($86.41) with two pair, Aces and ThreesHero won $86.41(Rake: $3)

villain's a sort of aggro regFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($41.82)BB ($30.21)UTG ($24.55)Hero (MP) ($27.49)Button ($29)Preflop: Hero is MP with J :jh, Q :5c1 fold, Hero bets $0.75, Button calls $0.75, 2 foldsFlop: ($1.85) J :club:, 3 :ts, 5 :3h(2 players)Hero bets $1.25, Button calls $1.25Turn: ($4.35) K :4h(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $3, Hero calls $3River: ($10.35) J :qh(2 players)Hero checks planning to call

Here was a similar spot. Villain is aggro reg, like 18/14/10AF over 150 hands.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersButton BlueFish34: $17.82 SB Lacoona: $21.16 BB z1ffff: $37.28 UTG c0luM_R: $30.97 UTG+1 villainy: $24.65 CO Hero: $29.02 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with Jd.gifQs.gif (6 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, z1ffff calls $0.50Flop: ($1.60) Qh.gifAh.gif5c.gif (2 players)z1ffff checks, Hero checksTurn: ($1.60) Qd.gif (2 players)z1ffff bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25River: ($4.10) 7c.gif (2 players)z1ffff bets $4.10, Hero calls $4.10Babylon and I talked a bit about this hand. The flop is close and I like both options, but checking back and going for the pot-control/showdown is more my style. Then the turn is a standard flat, imo. We could raise and paint I haz Qx on my forehead but I don't think that's a good plan. River, when he bets pot, it really seems like a call is the best play. If he bet $3, we could discuss raise/folding...

Depends on how bad he is. If he's nitty aggro I like the flatGoes w/out saying that villain's a fishFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($28.09)Hero (SB) ($26.88)BB ($25)UTG ($24.87)MP ($26.21)CO ($30.45)Preflop: Hero is SB with K :4h, K :club:1 fold, MP calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero bets $1, 1 fold, MP calls $0.75Flop: ($2.25) J :ts, 8 :5c, Q :3h(2 players)Hero bets $1.50, MP calls $1.50Turn: ($5.25) 2 :jh(2 players)Hero bets $3.50, MP calls $3.50River: ($12.25) 7 :qh(2 players)Hero bets $6.50

when villains tilt, and are sick of being bled.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP ($36.75)Hero (CO) ($39.31)Button ($25)SB ($22.97)BB ($14.54)UTG ($25)Preflop: Hero is CO with Q :qh, Q :club:2 folds, Hero bets $0.75, 1 fold, SB calls $0.65, BB raises to $14.54 (All-In), Hero raises to $39.31 (All-In), 1 foldFlop: ($29.83) 4 :jh, J :D, K :ts(2 players, 2 all-in)Turn: ($29.83) 5 :D(2 players, 2 all-in)River: ($29.83) 4 :D(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $29.83 | Rake: $1.49Results:BB had 10 :4h, 9 :5c (one pair, fours).Hero had Q :D, Q :3h (two pair, Queens and fours).Outcome: Hero won $28.34

Depends on how bad he is. If he's nitty aggro I like the flatGoes w/out saying that villain's a fish
Yeah, fairly tight preflop so he doesn't have Q9 or anything. He's repping that 55, Qx (QT KQ), and nothing really. I doubt he ever pots an Ax hand.@KK... it's thin, QT is about the only hand I think he calls you with.I might c/f. If we think he can bluff we can c/c, but that board ran out trrbl for your hand... c/f seems best to me.I'd be the turn larger. $4 or so. Lots of draws to get value from

Well, what besides QX is gonna call that river?Let's say he limp/calls a few AQ and KQ hands as well as QT and Q9... maybe there are enough combos for him to call. But as his Qx gets worse... it's harder for him to call bc of the 7h...Interesting spot, but I think c/f >>> bet/fold >>>> c/c

Yeah... <ºj))))>< are stations. I think that's a big leak of mine... I project my game onto villains, even station/donk villains and miss v-bets...nh, sirstill thin imo, but I guess the more we bet thinly, the harder we are to play against... I need to get better, espec oop

I don't think we should give these loose passive fish any credit until they raise, just keep bettingTough to bet/fold rivers tho; I have so much trouble after having taken the lead for every street. Plus fish are so erratic.

I don't think we should give these loose passive fish any credit until they raise, just keep betting
That's been my mantra for a while since it seems to be what so many good players advocate. It got to the point where I basically lost the concept of pot control. People say that pot control is overrated, but I assure you that it is not once you start getting to midstakes and facing aggro opponents. Like, when you keep betting, you lose a lot of ability to pick off and induce bluffs...and when you check, they know you're probably folding. I've been giving my opponents a bit more rope lately and have stopped going for 3 streets of value constantly. I feel like it has been working pretty well.I mean, you obviously have to tailor all of this to your opponent, hand, and board texture.

So after not playing much for probably 6 months decided to start playing again now that I have time. Spent most of the end of last year playing/running bad at 50NL and ended up tilting off like 8 buyins in one month before I stopped. Starting off fresh, new database, nice big roll.Seeing as how I'm going tramping for the last few days of the year, though I'd post a graph/brag now.After a short period of remembering how the game worked I pretty much squashed 25NL. Played way better than I have before, more aggro and much less paying people off. Running good helps too.December10.pngWinrate of almost exactly 20BB/100.Pretty stoked. Will make the move back up to 50NL in Jan, only this time there will be more good play and less tilt. Probably aiming for 10k hands.

That's been my mantra for a while since it seems to be what so many good players advocate. It got to the point where I basically lost the concept of pot control. People say that pot control is overrated, but I assure you that it is not once you start getting to midstakes and facing aggro opponents. Like, when you keep betting, you lose a lot of ability to pick off and induce bluffs...and when you check, they know you're probably folding. I've been giving my opponents a bit more rope lately and have stopped going for 3 streets of value constantly. I feel like it has been working pretty well.I mean, you obviously have to tailor all of this to your opponent, hand, and board texture.
Nice post. However does it really count as 3 streets of value when you are betting 1/5 pot :club: