New Challenge: Movin' On Up

That is way too loose pre.
Yes, yes it is.Weird spot for the day, CO has a steal % of over 50 and BTN is a normal fish. Villain has been limping a wee bit, at the time I couldn't remember any hands where he limped and showed down. An orbit or so ago he limped in UTG+1 and minraised me on j94.Villain is 27/10 over a desnt number.Plan for the hand?feral_cow_icon.gifDont have a cow, heres your converted handHEM/Full Tilt NL Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersBB: $27.13 (Hero)UTG: $31.19 UTG+1: $25.92 CO: $27.44 Button: $19.35 SB: $29.63 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with :club::ts (6 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.25, CO raises to $1.00, Button calls $1.00, SB folds, Hero raises to $3.75, UTG+1 calls $3.50, 2 foldsFlop: ($9.60) :4h:5c:3h (2 players)Hero ?
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Villain is 86/22/1.75 over 49 hands25% 3b 88% cbet River? $14 behind after his min-rferal_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersButton MickeyD26: $25.00 SB WhatQueShto: $44.98 BB Tony B112: $25.72 UTG GargusB: $25.00 UTG+1 Hero: $32.38 CO Vanidor: $42.50 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG+1 with 9s.gifJs.gif (6 players)Hero raises to $0.75, Vanidor folds, 2 folds, Tony B112 raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.50Flop: ($2.60) 8c.gifQs.gif3s.gif (3 players)Tony B112 checks, Hero checksTurn: ($2.60) Ks.gif (3 players)Tony B112 checks, Hero bets $1.50, Tony B112 calls $1.50River: ($5.60) Qh.gif (3 players)Tony B112 checks, Hero bets $4.25, Tony B112 raises to $8.50,

feral_cow_icon.gifThis converter is going to be a cash cow...Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersBB wcats08: $25.00 UTG dochwk: $6.00 UTG+1 ulosefish: $29.64 CO Hero: $57.03 Button DJEscape: $20.10 SB viciousmuzik: $43.77 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with Kh.gifAd.gif (6 players)dochwk raises to $0.50, ulosefish calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.25, DJEscape raises to $4, viciousmuzik calls $3.90, wcats08 folds, dochwk raises to $5.75, ulosefish folds,They're all fish obv

fighter, your best chance of winning was me winning. Stuck 7bi thru 3k hands. 6.5bi under ev btw.At this rate I'll play 20k hands in 3 days, gg you ;)playing goot btw

fighter, your best chance of winning was me winning. Stuck 7bi thru 3k hands. 6.5bi under ev btw.At this rate I'll play 20k hands in 3 days, gg you ;)playing goot btw
There's a little boy and on his 14th birthday he gets a horse... and everybody in the village says, "how wonderful. The boy got a horse" And the Zen master says, "we'll see." Two years later, the boy falls off the horse, breaks his leg, and everyone in the village says, "How terrible." And the Zen master says, "We'll see." Then, a war breaks out and all the young men have to go off and fight... except the boy can't cause his legs all messed up. and everybody in the village says, "How wonderful."The Zen master says, "We'll see."

hero calls ittferal_cow_icon.gifYour converted hand, now with more cowbell.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersBB: $16.25 UTG: $42.12 CO: $35.41 Button: $26.07 SB: $25.10 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with :5c:D (5 players)3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50Flop: ($1.50) :club::4h:ts (2 players)Hero bets $0.75, BB calls $0.75Turn: ($3.00) :jh (2 players)Hero bets $1.75, BB calls $1.75River: ($6.50) :D (2 players)Hero bets $21.85 and is all-in, BB calls $13 and is all-inBB showed :D:qh, and lost with two pair, Fives and FoursHero showed :3h:D, and won ($30.90) with two pair, Queens and FivesHero won $30.90(Rake: $1.60)

December: Had a nice bounce back month after November. Today was brutal and I lost $230 at 25nl.I honestly believe I played well throughout and never tried to 'grind to even', I was just grinding. If anything my 'tilt' is playing too tight and fit/fold. Something I'll have to think about and keep an eye on going forward.Picture5-15.pngCash: $170Donkaments: ($65)Rakeback: $99Total: $204January goals:Crush this volume propbetClear Ironman year end bonusStart the new semester strong30k hands (I will have at least 17k before the 9th)Gold IronmanWatch some videosBe involved in some sweatsGet better everyday

There's a little boy and on his 14th birthday he gets a horse... and everybody in the village says, "how wonderful. The boy got a horse" And the Zen master says, "we'll see." Two years later, the boy falls off the horse, breaks his leg, and everyone in the village says, "How terrible." And the Zen master says, "We'll see." Then, a war breaks out and all the young men have to go off and fight... except the boy can't cause his legs all messed up. and everybody in the village says, "How wonderful."The Zen master says, "We'll see."
The Zen master sounds like he needs to learn to bet his hands.Edit: Keep at it James, as long as you know that you are still playing well. Nothing takes you down faster than questioning your ability. Reviewing hands helps a lot.

2010 was goot overall.In real life, a lot happened/changed and even though it sucked at the time, it was really good for my long-term success/happinessStarted the year at 10nl having lost half of the starting stake at 25nl in December 2009. Worked hard and (mostly RB) quintupled the BR in 2010.In poker, a lot of good stuff happened. I played micro stakes 6max cash games with very conservative bankroll management. I've worked really hard on my game by grinding hands, watching videos, posting/responding to strat hands, and participating in sweats. I have learned a bit about variance and mental toughness in poker. I'm a wayyyyyyyy better player now than I was at the beginning of 2010 and I still suck. With lots of room to improve, I'm really excited for 2011.I played my first "big buy-in tournament" when I satty'd into the $1650 Heartland Poker Tour event in Blackhawk. I made day two and busted about 15 spots from the money. Great experience.I went to Vegas during the WSOP and met a bunch of FCPers/4BBers. Great Trip! I had my best online session ever (up to that point) while out there. I also got to play some Venetian events. Bricked them. I suck at tournaments. But the house with the guys and spending time at the Rio during WSOP events was awesome. ,,,,,,,,,,,,10nl is a rake trap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 25nl is cool,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh 50nl sucks,,,, 25nl is lame, then cool, then lamePicture1-35.pngPicture3-24.pngOnline cash games: $103 (ship that 1bb/100 winrate over 100k 25nl hands :club:)Donkaments (FTP and PS): $105Rakeback: $1107Online Total: $1315Live pokerz: $942So $2257 all together... kinda sad but whatev. Here's to 2011.2011 goals:-250k hands of cash-Get better everyday-Be a 100nl 'reg' and 'on-my-own' to start 2012-Get better at tournaments and live poker

good month JamesDecember was by far my worst month this year. I mean absolutely horrible. Looking back I think aside from a lot of coolers, I also didn't play my best and I think it had a lot to do with trying to 6 table. Just the way I play, I rely more on reads and notes than I do my HUD. Just personal preference I guess, but I switched back to 4 tabling the last few days and it is working out much better.December: gcGsLQrDB7wVVA2I3OHu.png2010:jaHycagSQ5V478UpkPNt.pngKinda sucks to think I would've had a winning year in cash if not for December. I did manage to somehow luckbox my way to like 6k in donkament winnings, so in the end it was a profitable year.Goal for January: Make good decisions.Happy New Year everyone, and play well!!

gj everyone and gl in 2011.my 2010 totals were about $2500 for the whole year.. December was ok but sucked hard towards the end.. like +$500 on the month

feral_cow_icon.gifYour converted hand, now with more cowbell.HEM/IPoker NL Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 6 playersUTG+1: $54.95 CO: $50.00 Button: $329.64 SB: $50.00 BB: $63.84 (Hero)UTG: $10.45 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with :club::3h (6 players)2 folds, Button calls $0.50, SB folds, Hero checksFlop: ($1.25) :5c:D:4h (3 players)Hero checks, Button checksTurn: ($1.25) :jh (3 players)Hero bets $1.25, Button raises to $5.00, Hero calls $3.75River: ($11.25) :ts (3 players)Hero checks, Button bets $8.43, Hero raises to $58.34, Button calls $49.91Button showed :qh:D, Hero won $124.93
PEj4s3TyNVb5UrHLACXw.pngwhat the stats mean 8FLO55fqAuyIMrSk5Afy.pngnote stack sizesferal_cow_icon.gifbeware the feral cow packs. they hunger.HEM/IPoker NL Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 6 playersSB: $85.47 (Hero)BB: $61.53 UTG: $11.95 UTG+1: $87.87 CO: $15.86 Button: $68.30 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with :jh:4h (6 players)UTG+1 calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $2.00Flop: ($5.50) :ts:qh:5c (3 players)Hero bets $4.00, UTG+1 raises to $8.00, Hero calls $4.00Turn: ($21.50) :3h (3 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50River: ($36.50) :club: (3 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $16.50, Hero ??Thoughts on all streets appreciated

I think the hand is fine. Cbet standard, and the call on the flop and turn are just odds based. I don't like re-raising the flop because we are so deep and we don't want to get it in against the hands he will have to do that. Plus calling the $4 is already going to be a +EV play. Ditto turn.Fold river. There are so many hands that beat you and few you beat. I don't think we can rule out TT, 99, 55 or AT just because he didn't raise pre, 66/15 players pretty much just limp or raise at random. That bet doesn't look like the ace scared him.

I3rjiqy6LuTeNzJBVdHH.pngUnfortunately I lost most of this to 100nl. This year I was the guy who moves money up to the regs at a higher level. KdzZNwbCJLwBl3ccGyLj.pngHowever I am now a much better player and my plan is to crush 50nl for the next two months while I save for a vacation and then get back on the 100nl horse. Good luck in the new year folks.

I pu t in a lotttttttttttttttt of volume in december and made supernova on stars. weeeeeeeedecgraph1.jpgHere is my giraffe since August when i started to play cash games exclusively.giraffem.jpgHere is all the hands I have in my database for this year on this computer. The big line going straight down is a shot a 2/4 and 3/6nl while drunk. whoooops..............booooooooooo.jpg

Can you merge graphs between two different sites? I've got significant hands on Tilt/Stars. But the premise of the year is:Significant lost hands after having to reformat my laptop, somewhere in the neighborhood of 20k hands there. Shitton of losses from mostly playbad. Lesson: don't play poker under severe life stress unless you are planning on donating.The 10k remaining on the laptop is about a 2.5 ptbb/100 running a buy or so above equity.1000 or so sngs ranging from 1 + .10 to 10+1. Regulars, DON, turbos and superturbos mixed in. Mixed results and with rakeback probably breakeven or slightly winning.The other remaining 700k hands or so in the lab is about a measly 1.5 ptbb/100 over various tiny stakes ranging from .01/.02 to .25/.50 both shortstacking and deepstaking with definitely 75% or more deep.Overall running about 2.5k dollars under equity on the year. It makes me want to cry because most of it was accumulated at .05/.10 or under. At any point in the year running at equity would have made me feel rolled enough to move up and do better, and I constantly have to withdraw for life purposes. The constant runbad also really really ****s with my ability to mass multitable tilt, which apparently i'm fantastic at, causing major hurting to the winrate as well.Major problems with my game:-Bluff catch far far too often at lower stakes out of habit from when I played $50NL and $100NL where it was more profitable and I could assign ranges more accurately.-Massive tilt tendencies that either make me spew off a couple buyins within minutes or force me to sit out for a serious amount of hours before I can re-focus and calm-Being afraid at times to put in volume. Looking at the cashier and results way too much stressing over income instead of making good poker decisions and understanding I overroll so much current swings should be a non-issue.-Knowing I can't make anything fold and firing the third barrel anyway.-Being afraid to stack off with queens or jacks preflop, but having zero problem doing it with AK and at times AQ-Set mining too much-Not focusing on a SINGLE form of holdem and instead getting frustrated with one and moving onto another form over and over since it makes me feel "fresh" even though it kills my ability to get in flow-Not being able to effectively sit for more than 2 hours in a row without a break