New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

3. Made a plan to bet/fold a river, and actually STUCK WITH THE PLAN.
This is something I have problems with too, I'm a massive river spewtard :club:
I like most of it. Curious on why overbet the turn? Are you wanting to get stacks in on the river with a pair of 9's? I think I prefer betting 30-35. Still makes it wrong for him to pay when chasing the flush. Keeps the pot a bit smaller if he does have a T. As you say he slow plays when he hits hands.Kosin Trouble
I think I was thinking that if he had the tens, that he would've re-raised me seeing as there's a flush draw out there. So I posed the trips, and he called. I think he might have the flush draw at this point, so I over bet, and I was under the impression that over betting the pot on flush draws would be a smart move, but I didn't take into account there's just one card left. It would've been better to have bet smaller, less of a risk. I was trying to buy the pot on the turn, though I probably would've stacked off if that spade didn't hit. Another thing is I believed he was either slow playing when he gets something, or just slow plays against me. He never bet at me once heads up, and lost a lot of value on big hands.

Remember remember the month of November.Picture4-16.pngOnline cash games: ($380) (all 25nl :ts)Rakeback & volume prop-bet: $178Donkaments: $70 Online total: ($132)LOLive poker: $85Total: ($47)Worst month of online poker ever. Surprisingly confident.Thanks to BellaireDrew, he's a sweetheart. Without our prop-bet I wouldn't have played so many hands. It was goot to play through the epic downswing.I've done a good job of watching videos, being involved in sweats, talking about hands and reviewing my play, so even though the results suck, I'm not worried.So, gonna robusto this downswing (15.2 bi more) at 25nl which will leave me ready for 50nl again. So gogogogogoDecember:Finish the semester strongMake some IRL money to buy xmax giftsMake ironman to receive year-end bonusPlay a ton of hands over winter break; 1.2k hands/day?? may have to set a prop form the 16th-Jan 9th hit me up if you are interested in being hustled (hi Drew :club:)Watch videos, be involved in sweats, review hands, talk poker and all the other good stuff.

GL James, just log the volume and run hot. ez game.Logged a short session and had a bit of a tilting hand. I should've just shoved river but I thought maybe, I don't know why, but maybe he'd be able to fold a pair of queens to a PSB shove on the 9 river. figured he'd raise w/a straight anyway for his remainder. Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($25.50)SB ($25)Hero (BB) ($25)UTG ($25.75)MP ($36.23)CO ($32.45)Preflop: Hero is BB with 7 :3h, 7 :DUTG bets $0.85, 2 folds, Button calls $0.85, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.60Flop: ($2.65) Q :qh, 7 :club:, 10 :4h(3 players)Hero checks, UTG checks, Button bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4, 1 fold, Button calls $2.50Turn: ($10.65) 7 :5c(2 players)Hero bets $4, Button calls $4River: ($18.65) 9 :jh(2 players)Hero bets $10.50, Button calls $10.50Total pot: $39.65 | Rake: $1.98Results:Button had A :ts, A :D (two pair, Aces and sevens).Hero had 7 :D, 7 :D (four of a kind, sevens).Outcome: Hero won $37.67

Thanks to BellaireDrew, he's a sweetheart. Without our prop-bet I wouldn't have played so many hands. It was goot to play through the epic downswing.Play a ton of hands over winter break; 1.2k hands/day?? may have to set a prop form the 16th-Jan 9th hit me up if you are interested in being hustled (hi Drew :club:)
I totally got hustled but I still <3 you Also we could set something up for later this year for a hands prop, nothing big. I need to do something to get myself playing more (I say this ever month) so maybe we can do a hands competition, just let me knowAlso my monthKatKsQGNyGHyy9G-vEf4.jpgOTgtHlZ73X8mG5nDUPH4.jpgPretty decent month, but again need to put in more volume. Would like to hit 8k or more next month but will be happy with any profit.

This is how you run the goods: again, big-ish hand <50% equity and holding zzzzzzferal_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 3 playersSB: $25.00 BB: $13.55 Button: $25.35 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is Button with Jc.gifTh.gif (3 players)Hero raises to $0.60, SB raises to $1.70, BB folds, Hero calls $1.10Flop: ($3.65) Td.gif9h.gifJh.gif (2 players)SB bets $3.65, Hero raises to $8.75, SB raises to $23.30, and is all in, Hero calls $14.55Turn: ($50.25) Ts.gif (2 players)River: ($50.25) 6d.gif (2 players)SB showed Qh.gifAh.gif, and lost with a pair of TensHero showed Jc.gifTh.gif, and won ($49.25) with a full house, Tens full of JacksHero won $49.25(Rake: $1)

Im talking to him on AIM right now (crazy I know right) an he doubts he plays poker again for a long while
Just started crying in the library... ppl are staring
16 tables * 1 hour = 1.2k hands
4 tables with a 5th and occasionally 6th table * 3.5 hours a day?Plus you gotta browse the forums, watch videos, eat chipotle, etcI couldn't even fold every hand on 16 tables let alone make winning plays**don't make jokes about me making winning plays, I know
GL James, just log the volume and run hot. ez game.Logged a short session and had a bit of a tilting hand. I should've just shoved river but I thought maybe, I don't know why, but maybe he'd be able to fold a pair of queens to a PSB shove on the 9 river. figured he'd raise w/a straight anyway for his remainder.
You should've made a real turn bet.
I couldn't even fold every hand on 16 tables let along make winning plays**don't make jokes about me making winning plays, I know
Drop down to a limit you can crush and slowly add tables? It may hurt your winnings short term, but improving your macro will help you long termHonestly you should be good enough to at least be 8 tabling.
Drop down to a limit you can crush and slowly add tables? It may hurt your winnings short term, but improving your macro will help you long termHonestly you should be good enough to at least be 8 tabling.
MehhhhhhhAlso, I only have a 22" monitor with shitty resolution imo. (Samsung sync-something 22-somethingsomething) Once I get beyond 6 tables they get sooo small and that tilts meSo I'll prob just play 4-6 and be good with that

Unless you're trying to get some sort of bonus released, I don't think playing any more than 6 tables is really all that necessary. I tried 9 a few times this year, and it was just too robotic for the most part. I'm sure it gets easier the more practice you get, but I'm happy with 4 tabling.

Well I lost 100 this month.. Did some good sweats and didnt do enough hand history reviews. FT a deuces cracked tourny with a bunch of coaches and mid stake players so that helped my confidence.This month going to have a winning month doing just fundamental poker. Started up a deuces cracked 50k volume challenge. So going to grind and build the bank roll to attempt 25NL again.Kosin Trouble

Well I lost 100 this month.. Did some good sweats and didnt do enough hand history reviews. FT a deuces cracked tourny with a bunch of coaches and mid stake players so that helped my confidence.This month going to have a winning month doing just fundamental poker. Started up a deuces cracked 50k volume challenge. So going to grind and build the bank roll to attempt 25NL again.Kosin Trouble
I've kinda been following that thread but it moves super fast, hundreds of responses already. So plz keep me posted here, kthnxit's 50k hands over 3 months right?glgl, hit me up for a sweat sometime soon, I owe you one and maybe we can get T or 1305 to get in
Unless you're trying to get some sort of bonus released, I don't think playing any more than 6 tables is really all that necessary. I tried 9 a few times this year, and it was just too robotic for the most part. I'm sure it gets easier the more practice you get, but I'm happy with 4 tabling.
That's the point. Once it becomes easy and feels normal its no longer robotic. If you're a four tabler and jump suddenly to nine tables... it's too much of a jump for you to make that smooth transition.
it's 50k hands over 3 months right?
I has 60k this month (plus like 500 SNGs or something, maybe less) and feel like I didn't put in nearly enough volume. Not meant to brag, I'm just sayin its all relative :-pI could do 50k in a week EZ. It'd be a 60 hour playtime week, but very doable.
MehhhhhhhAlso, I only have a 22" monitor with shitty resolution imo. (Samsung sync-something 22-somethingsomething) Once I get beyond 6 tables they get sooo small and that tilts meSo I'll prob just play 4-6 and be good with that
Just overlay. Action always pops up top smoothly.Also I came upon some mobnies so I will be moving up up and away very shortly :club: Gonna bolster the roll and shouldn't have to make withdraws for some time.
Oh yeah, one more volume trick...get really good at Starcraft 2 and you will think a shitton faster :)I have like a quarter APM of the pros :club: but poker is ez
Oh god, I used to play the first hardcore. I wish I could play the second. I hear playing both poker and starcraft makes you better at both. Also, starcraft gives you piano fingers. Triple plus, easy town.
Oh god, I used to play the first hardcore. I wish I could play the second. I hear playing both poker and starcraft makes you better at both. Also, starcraft gives you piano fingers. Triple plus, easy town.
It does actually. There's a reason Liquid has the top Foreign Pros in Korea (foreign means ur not korean).http://www.liquidpoker.net/http://www.teamliquid.net/