New Challenge: Movin' On Up

Generally if you try this, you feel like an idiot when the squeeze monkey fails to 3b, but bink for good timing!feral_cow_icon.gifonce a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersBB: $25.00 UTG: $3.00 UTG+1: $14.68 CO: $26.72 Button: $25.02 SB: $29.21 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with Qs.gifQh.gif (6 players)UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, Button raises to $1, Hero calls $0.90, BB raises to $4.08, UTG folds, Button calls $3.08, Hero raises to $29.21, and is all in, BB folds, Button calls $20.94, and is all inFlop: ($54.37) 4c.gif7d.gifTc.gif (2 players)Turn: ($54.37) 9c.gif (2 players)River: ($54.37) 2d.gif (2 players)Button showed Td.gifKd.gif, and lost with a pair of TensHero showed Qs.gifQh.gif, and won ($51.66) with a pair of QueensHero won $51.66(Rake: $2.71)
The double back is indeed sexy
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

I went along time without being over set and it's happened 3 times this month all for more than 100bb, sighferal_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersBB gl hf lo3: $29.48 UTG Hero: $32.42 UTG+1 RearNakedCh8ke: $29.37 CO Sabbythegreat: $7.94 Button Lemas: $43.15 SB Caustic_Monkey: $14.69 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with 3c.gif3h.gif (6 players)Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Lemas calls $0.75, 2 foldsFlop: ($1.85) 7d.gif3d.gif5c.gif (2 players)Hero bets $1.25, Lemas raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $7.25, Lemas raises to $42.40, and is all in, Hero calls $24.42, and is all inTurn: ($65.19) 8d.gif (2 players)River: ($65.19) Ad.gif (2 players)Hero showed 3c.gif3h.gif, and lost with three of a kind, ThreesLemas showed 5d.gif5s.gif, and won ($62.19) with a flush, Ace highLemas won $62.19(Rake: $3)

Sigh, should I bet the turn? I guess he'll never c/r then check the turn with a set, right? And the river is standard to call or no?feral_cow_icon.gifonce a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersCO iPaidHisTuition: $32.45 Button Sajator: $30.19 SB lori2010: $18.17 BB Fu-Schnickener: $26.15 UTG Hero: $25.00 UTG+1 Sigsev: $25.22 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with Ks.gifAd.gif (6 players)Hero raises to $0.75, 4 folds, Fu-Schnickener calls $0.50Flop: ($1.60) 8d.gifJs.gifAc.gif (2 players)Fu-Schnickener checks, Hero bets $1, Fu-Schnickener raises to $3, Hero calls $2Turn: ($7.60) Ts.gif (2 players)Fu-Schnickener checks, Hero checksRiver: ($7.60) 5d.gif (2 players)Fu-Schnickener bets $5, Hero calls $5Fu-Schnickener showed 5h.gifAh.gif, and won ($16.72) with two pair, Aces and FivesHero mucked Ks.gifAd.gifFu-Schnickener won $16.72(Rake: $0.88)

Sigh, should I bet the turn? I guess he'll never c/r then check the turn with a set, right? And the river is standard to call or no?
Well, you could bet the turn, but he's probably calling that too. And yeah, standard river call after your check on the turn.

Ohh. Think I just hit a new level of thinking today. The one where it really doesn't matter what I have as long as I know what they have.I mean, it's one thing to learn it. It's another thing to actually feel comfortable with it. And I think I'm there. :club:

Played two donkaments tonight, both $1.10 and cashed for $5.48Confirmed donkaments aren't real poker.

If ppl stop flopping sets when I have overpairs life would be okay.I mean you have 44 I have QQYou raise, and I 3betYou call and the flop has to come with a 4 for you to winAnd it can not contain a Q K or A or else I stack you, or give you no actionIt can't be profitableYet you win my stack so often

If ppl stop flopping sets when I have overpairs life would be okay.I mean you have 44 I have QQYou raise, and I 3betYou call and the flop has to come with a 4 for you to winAnd it can not contain a Q K or A or else I stack you, or give you no actionIt can't be profitableYet you win my stack so often
Your rhyme scheme is pretty crappy, but yeah, I agree for the most part.

My head was literally resting against my desk as I un-clicked "auto post blinds" and folded all my hands until I could get up from the table...Took a walk with my dog, showered, napped, watched a video... life is good :club:

I went along time without being over set and it's happened 3 times this month all for more than 100bb, sighferal_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersBB gl hf lo3: $29.48 UTG Hero: $32.42 UTG+1 RearNakedCh8ke: $29.37 CO Sabbythegreat: $7.94 Button Lemas: $43.15 SB Caustic_Monkey: $14.69 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with 3c.gif3h.gif (6 players)Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Lemas calls $0.75, 2 foldsFlop: ($1.85) 7d.gif3d.gif5c.gif (2 players)Hero bets $1.25, Lemas raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $7.25, Lemas raises to $42.40, and is all in, Hero calls $24.42, and is all inTurn: ($65.19) 8d.gif (2 players)River: ($65.19) Ad.gif (2 players)Hero showed 3c.gif3h.gif, and lost with three of a kind, ThreesLemas showed 5d.gif5s.gif, and won ($62.19) with a flush, Ace highLemas won $62.19(Rake: $3)
Good god! 3 set over sets in a month!
Ohh. Think I just hit a new level of thinking today. The one where it really doesn't matter what I have as long as I know what they have.I mean, it's one thing to learn it. It's another thing to actually feel comfortable with it. And I think I'm there. :club:
congrats!
Good god! 3 set over sets in a month!
hehe. I remember being oversetted 3 times in a week in Vegas. (I managed to win one when I got a guy to fold.)Also, I try to take notes in Rush when I see something extraordinary, but it's difficult. I do tend to 'Purple' people that have 4-bet me and forced me to fold after 3betting pre.Oh...I've also started doing a sort of slowroll thing at Rush. When someone shoves on me in a ridiculous spot and I have no intention of calling, I use my entire timebank. This'll usually happen when they limp re-raise or something or shove for like 10 times the pot. If they have a value hand, they get to think that I might call. If they have a bluff, they get to sweat. Maybe this is stupid/spiteful.
hehe. I remember being oversetted 3 times in a week in Vegas. (I managed to win one when I got a guy to fold.)
Lost a 3 bi pot w/ flopped mid-set < top set in a raised pot. 4 hours later in a different game...1-2 nlhe liveThis was during a Nascar event in Joliet, as a result the game was unfreakincredibly good. One villian (nascar cap/shirt and all) built his stack to 1,600 through retarded gamboolling and at the time of the hand he was down to 800. I sensed a bigggg spew comin :club:-----------------Hero - ~1,200Villain ~ 800-----------------2 limps including villain who is mpHero (A-9cc) raises to 16$ from button, 2 callsFlop = 9d - Kc - 9h rainbowVilain donk-bets 12$, Hero raises to 46$, 1 fold, Villain callsTurn = Jd Villain checks, Hero bets 2/3 pot, Villain raises 500 more (!??)Based on how he's played to this point, it is highly unlikely he'd have a straight based on his line. He's a lag-tard so I believe he'd put a "real" donkbet on the flop or check/raise with a gutshot. Unlikely he'd play a full house like this.So his range seemed like 9x, K10+, various drawsI shove to get his last ~200 into the pot. He calls and triumphantly tables Q-9 like hellmuth style. To be nice I show him the bad news...River - 10yay
This tilts the bajesus out of me as well...It becomes REALLY unprofitable when you've got a guy who 3bets you with JTo ;)I mean, it'd go back into the rhealm of profitability if they had the ability to do the close your eyes and call down thing... but they just don't... I guess mostly what they're hoping for is for you to three bet and then never put money in the pot on any board ever.The other thing I started noticing recently at the 6-max games was that a lot of... lets say decent cuz they're TRYING to adjust... players started responding to positional 3bets with a 4bet and stack off with ANY pp... cuz you know I hasses two overs... it just so happens this time my two overs are a ten, and another ten.Also eff you all with your set over set crap... I was grinding out online FR most of july and it happens at least 3 times a day in both directions cuz people just don't fold pocket pairs
Accurately pinning ranges is a step in the right direction... the next key is to figure out how to get them to do what you want them to with it...Then the next step is to figure out how to adjust when your cover is blown and nobody folds anything ever to you.
Oh...I've also started doing a sort of slowroll thing at Rush. When someone shoves on me in a ridiculous spot and I have no intention of calling, I use my entire timebank. This'll usually happen when they limp re-raise or something or shove for like 10 times the pot. If they have a value hand, they get to think that I might call. If they have a bluff, they get to sweat. Maybe this is stupid/spiteful.
Its your timebank and you can do whatever you damn well please with it. Using it to torture ******* plays is a fine use in my book.
Also, I try to take notes in Rush when I see something extraordinary, but it's difficult. I do tend to 'Purple' people that have 4-bet me and forced me to fold after 3betting pre.
How do you respond to this? Do you keep a 4bet stat?

It seems a little silly to me Marchant (the timebank thing in rush), mainly because you're hurting your own hourly much more than you are on a regular table. Because in those 30 seconds you can fold 6 times and flop a set

Those last 4 hands are pretty gross Ninja, I just got sick of scrolling through 47465876 flips that you lostMy rush week experience:-yogVxicyYZeZENB8WTh.png+$875 in rb/bonuses
mbn to profit during rush week.vaIfMQe3wkmV9jQth5yH.jpg+ ~725 in rb and bonuses.How the hell did you make more in rb/bonus than I did by playing half the hands and half of your hands at full ring? We got the same $250 bonus?edit - f you and your ironman bonus.
It seems a little silly to me Marchant (the timebank thing in rush), mainly because you're hurting your own hourly much more than you are on a regular table. Because in those 30 seconds you can fold 6 times and flop a set
We also hurt our hourly rates by posting on FCP...If doing something keeps you from tilting it is the biggest +EV move you can make
When did people start limping and calling with AK and QQ? Ugh..Edit - Check/calling your set of 6's to the river? I'm in passive hell.
For the most part I agree, but sometimes it is the best line against aggro nut villians. Perfect example was last night. I had villian 2 to my right. Was running 91/75 over 125 hands. I got AKs. He raised 5bb, I call (also had another big fish on my right and i had no problems being in pot with both of them). Flop comes Axx, second fish bets 2bb, first fish(orig raiser) bets pot. I call, second fish folds. Turn A, fish shoves, I call. He has A9 I win 1.5bi's....Next hand I have KK, exact same thing, I just call and let fish hang himself, easiest 2.5bi's ever.Kosin trouble
looooooool i missed rush poker... the only place where you can successfully 3bet bluff somebody 28 consecutive times...
Those 3 bet shove bots on pokerstars don't looks like they did too badly

I still can't win, but today was a small loss thanks to this reg:feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersCO: $29.59 (Hero)Button: $41.33 SB: $27.35 BB: $25.00 UTG: $27.03 UTG+1: $32.65 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with Kc.gifKs.gif (6 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, Button raises to $2.60, SB calls $2.50, BB folds, Hero raises to $6.25, Button calls $3.65, SB foldsFlop: ($15.35) 4s.gif2c.gifKh.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button checksTurn: ($15.35) 6s.gif (2 players)Hero bets $8.75, Button raises to $35.08, and is all in, Hero calls $14.59, and is all inRiver: ($62.03) 2d.gif (2 players)Hero showed Kc.gifKs.gif, and won ($59.03) with a full house, Kings full of TwosButton showed 7d.gif9d.gif, and lost with a pair of TwosHero won $59.03(Rake: $3)