New Challenge: Movin' On Up

gl, QED!feral_cow_icon.gifMilked from the teat of a feral cowFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersSB mcd9999: $8.85 BB Team AWSM: $27.08 UTG PunkAss77: $47.59 UTG+1 Lerboller: $27.56 CO Hero: $25.00 Button Drathahn: $4.93 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with Ad.gifAh.gif (6 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, Drathahn calls $0.75, mcd9999 raises to $8.85, and is all in, Team AWSM folds, Hero raises to $25, and is all in, Drathahn foldsFlop: ($18.70) Jc.gifTs.gif7h.gif (2 players)Turn: ($18.70) Qd.gif (2 players)River: ($18.70) 6s.gif (2 players)mcd9999 showed As.gifKh.gif, and won ($17.77) with a straight, Ace highHero showed Ad.gifAh.gif, and lost with a pair of Acesmcd9999 won $17.77(Rake: $0.93)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Purchased HEM today, celebrated by moving back down to 10NL. Lost the last of my shot money at 25NL with an OESFD that bricked, standard. Managed around 4.7k hands at 25NL, don't think I played very well but I wasn't very lucky either.
Yeah get used to using that HUD before you try 25NL again. You'll get killed there flying blind.GL you'll be back in no time.

gross, babs :club:feral_cow_icon.gifConverting hands till the cows come homeFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersButton: $21.37 SB: $25.00 BB: $25.80 UTG: $27.18 (Hero)UTG+1: $14.05 CO: $25.86 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with 7d.gif7s.gif (6 players)Hero raises to $0.75, UTG+1 calls $0.75, 4 foldsFlop: ($1.85) 7h.gif7c.gifQd.gif (2 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 checksTurn: ($1.85) Kh.gif (2 players)Hero bets $1.25, UTG+1 calls $1.25River: ($4.35) Ks.gif (2 players)Hero bets $25.18, and is all in, UTG+1 calls $12.05, and is all inHero showed 7d.gif7s.gif, and won ($27.03) with four of a kind, SevensUTG+1 mucked Ac.gifTs.gifHero won $27.03(Rake: $1.42)

Yeah get used to using that HUD before you try 25NL again. You'll get killed there flying blind.GL you'll be back in no time.
Thanks, I hope I will be too. I've been using free trials of Poker tracker and HEM for a while so I have some idea of how to use a HUD but it does take a while to build up a decent sample size on people. Fish are pretty obvious by what they buy in for usually.

I no longer understand poker. I try playing tight, but aggressive, yet I'll only lose. Should I go in all-in preflop with pocket aces? Or should I slow play them? I usually play them from any position, but not anymore. It's actually funny, because with pocket aces, I am supposed to lose. Lost my entire ****ing bankroll with pocket aces, over and over and over and over. Should I start playing with 23o and 83o? I mean, after only losing consistently playing how you guys play, it seems you're just getting lucky, or I'm supposed to only lose. Can you guys tell me? I can't put my brain around it.I've tried every style there is, and every single change of gear only generates loss. I shoot for lose the minimum, gain the maximum, but it's actually the other way around. If, by the holiest of chances I do get a winner, I'll have only gotten a few blinds for it, but that's once in a million. I'll manipulate the odds to make sure the person isn't getting the odds of getting a backdoor straight, especially when I have one, but it doesn't seem to matter what I throw at them, they call, and ALWAYS get the cards, EVERY TIME. For the past two weeks it's been like this. Do swings last this long? That many hands? Or is it just me? An entire bankroll at the lowest limits being eaten away like this should really be statistically impossible.

Learning to fold is the hardest part, especially as you don't get instant results like when you call. What levels and site are you playing?

yeah, what stakes are you playing? FR or 6max? Do you have tracking software? It'll help you take advantage of the many types of terrible players and it will help you identify and then fix leaks in your game

Also... i finally freaking took the time to color code my HUD stats... that took forever and a wednesday...Since my stats are mostly raise/fold stats I has a simple system for each situational... Green means gogogo with anything marginal, red means stop w/o huge value.Also, I am swearing off the call button. It's the lose money button.

Colour coding is fun, colour coded stats, colour coded notes. How much more fun can a young man have?

Yeah I color code my notes. Green - Passive Fish. 20+/0-10Dark Blue - Lagtard. 25+/25+Purple - Laggy. 25+/20-24Red - Taggy. 18-22ish/18-20ishOrange - Nit. 15-/12-Numbers probably aren't all accurate, and I might be leaving some out.Color coding does wonders for table selection. Especially when you come across a table of 3 or more Greens. Jackpot!

I use something similar but a bit more simplified Green - Fish Cake, the first line of the note is all caps to indicate the type (SPEWTARD/STATION/PASSIVE etc)Red - Regs, this is kind of a holding tag till I know more about them. I put it on people playing 4+ tables with the amount they are playing. The more tables they are playing the more robotic they are likely to be. Yellow - Nits, try and wait for at least 300 hands on someone before I nit them.Light blue - This is all the short stackers.Purple - Don't use this much but it for people that are nuts about defending out of their blinds. I try and keep my VPIP and PFR stats colour coded in line with the yellow/red/green system I use for tagging players.

i only have a few note colorsOrange- reggreen- HNRBlue-fishpurple- bad reg

TBH i haven't made a note on another player since I started using tracking software...But the auto coloring on the individual stats is awesome... "Oh hey PT... I'm busy looking at 20 other tables... could you green his VPIP if it's retardedly high and red it if it's retardedly low for me? Thanks"

TBH i haven't made a note on another player since I started using tracking software...But the auto coloring on the individual stats is awesome... "Oh hey PT... I'm busy looking at 20 other tables... could you green his VPIP if it's retardedly high and red it if it's retardedly low for me? Thanks"
I think the problem I had at 25nl was my lack of detailed notes. I mean, I had a ton of notes on guys that just said "faggot"
I think the problem I had at 25nl was my lack of detailed notes. I mean, I had a ton of notes on guys that just said "faggot"
tons of notes does not mean copy/pasting faggot 3598109813209582309 times under my snbut like seriously guys... do notes really matter? maybe it's bc I play with a lot of the same people on back to back days I feel I don't need them
tons of notes does not mean copy/pasting faggot 3598109813209582309 times under my snbut like seriously guys... do notes really matter? maybe it's bc I play with a lot of the same people on back to back days I feel I don't need them
yes. noting what hands a guy shows up with in 3b pots and 4b pots is > just 3b and 4b %'s
yes. noting what hands a guy shows up with in 3b pots and 4b pots is > just 3b and 4b %'s
In theory... sure... but in practice?It's simple enough to understand that the wider the range the less hands are played largely for value. Unless someone was doing something extremely stupid like playing the bottom 9% as opposed to the top 9% it's nothing worth noting. If you're putting in any kind of decent volume you're not going to have time to carefully ponder how the small differentials in range... be it more heavy towards small pairs or Axs... really affect your overall decision... really, even, if you're playing a single slow speed table and punt your whole timebank on one street of one handMaybe it's just that, to me, I see online poker as one big game of flash cards. Remember those times tables in grade school or just starting to learn a foreign language? Online poker is just one really long and complex session of flash cards... and if you do enough of them well you profits. So I'm simply not going to have time to read detailed notes, but I can use a statistic or two in order to sway my decision better
In theory... sure... but in practice?It's simple enough to understand that the wider the range the less hands are played largely for value. Unless someone was doing something extremely stupid like playing the bottom 9% as opposed to the top 9% it's nothing worth noting. If you're putting in any kind of decent volume you're not going to have time to carefully ponder how the small differentials in range... be it more heavy towards small pairs or Axs... really affect your overall decision... really, even, if you're playing a single slow speed table and punt your whole timebank on one street of one handMaybe it's just that, to me, I see online poker as one big game of flash cards. Remember those times tables in grade school or just starting to learn a foreign language? Online poker is just one really long and complex session of flash cards... and if you do enough of them well you profits. So I'm simply not going to have time to read detailed notes, but I can use a statistic or two in order to sway my decision better
You can't be real.