New Challenge: Movin' On Up

I agree that we should shove the flop 9/10 times, but this was a guy I felt would shove any turn, as he'd been betting big all game indiscriminately...just happened to be the turn that hit him. man don't post hands like that; they make me not want to play after all

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

man don't post hands like that; they make me not want to play after all
This was my favorite from today. I was 3betting the co relentlessly and he is still folding to like 90+% of 3bets and one time he defended and just c/f the flop, and the SS hadn't cold-called any of my 3b yet...feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersBB Wntmani: $38.21 UTG stampfi1: $25.25 UTG+1 amprentas: $31.39 CO Linn13: $25.25 Button Hero: $28.25 SB Eisteichflicker: $5.89 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is Button with 7h.gifAd.gif (6 players)2 folds, Linn13 raises to $0.85, Hero raises to $2.25, Eisteichflicker calls $2.15, 2 foldsFlop: ($5.60) 7d.gif4c.gifAc.gif (2 players)Eisteichflicker bets $3.64, and is all in, Hero calls $3.64Turn: ($12.88) 6d.gif (2 players)River: ($12.88) 3c.gif (2 players)Hero showed 7h.gifAd.gif, and lost with two pair, Aces and SevensEisteichflicker showed 7s.gif5c.gif, and won ($12.24) with a straight, Seven highEisteichflicker won $12.24(Rake: $0.64)

OK so I think I need to go south more often on the rare occasions I get a big stack going but I have no idea what I'm doing when I get deep and play like a scared girly.Villain is 24/10 over 40 or so hands. Only read is how he played a hand previously against me. He called two streets in position against me with a draw, the river bricked an offsuit A, I check to him and he bluffed it, I called. when he bluffed he bet 7 into 12, I called with KK. Having said all that it might not be applicable because this is rush and he might not even realise I'm the same player.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 9 playersSB: $25.00 BB: $21.89 UTG: $103.89 UTG+1: $10.24 MP: $31.70 MP2: $62.38 (Hero)HJ: $25.49 CO: $7.37 Button: $25.21 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is MP2 with :club::qh (9 players)UTG raises to $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 5 folds, UTG calls $1.50Flop: ($4.35) :jh:ts:3h (2 players)UTG bets $3, Hero calls $3Turn: ($10.35) :5c (2 players)UTG bets $8, Hero calls $8River: ($26.35) :4h (2 players)UTG bets $90.89, and is all in

I managed to find a fold there for once. Was up 2 buy ins at one point, finished up 21 cents and went to watch the mighty INGERLUND play the Swiss. Managed to get it all in with a straight vs a set and obviously the boat came for a sick big pot :club:

I managed to find a fold there for once. Was up 2 buy ins at one point, finished up 21 cents and went to watch the mighty INGERLUND play the Swiss. Managed to get it all in with a straight vs a set and obviously the boat came for a sick big pot :club:
Remember, poker is all one giant session. Try not to focus too much on being up/down each time you sit down and playYou're looking to maximize your ev with each decision and over the long run, that will lead to positive results
Remember, poker is all one giant session. Try not to focus too much on being up/down each time you sit down and playYou're looking to maximize your ev with each decision and over the long run, that will lead to positive results
But what if you never lose?
Cross between snap and sigh foldingVillain has to have 88/KQ, right ?
Yeah, I fold there. Was just making sure the audience at home knew what you were inferring
But what if you never lose?
Then you've obviously made the most a lot of +ev plays during your sessionStupidhead could let us know, he has a "steady eddie" badge on PTR bc of how consistent and sexy his giraffe isand remember kids, the giraffe facing to the right is the one you wantgiraffe12.jpg
Yeah, I fold there. Was just making sure the audience at home knew what you were inferringThen you've obviously made the most a lot of +ev plays during your sessionStupidhead could let us know, he has a "steady eddie" badge on PTR bc of how consistent and sexy his giraffe isand remember kids, the giraffe facing to the right is the one you wantgiraffe12.jpg
My giraffe eats from the shrubs on the ground :club:
Stupidhead could let us know, he has a "steady eddie" badge on PTR bc of how consistent and sexy his giraffe is
My month begs to differ.ZQ15vUwrY52cHYE1H5ha.pngRobusto to follow soon.

I am having trouble staying motivated since I have been on a bit of a downswing. I was thinking of making my own little thread to track my progress and post hands, as this will keep me motivated, but I don't know where to put it since I play SNG's and Cash Games... Suggestions?

I am having trouble staying motivated since I have been on a bit of a downswing. I was thinking of making my own little thread to track my progress and post hands, as this will keep me motivated, but I don't know where to put it since I play SNG's and Cash Games... Suggestions?
Make a blog.
The blog idea is pretty good. Than put a link to your blog in your signature here and we can follow.Or general strat... I don't think it matters much as far as location.glgl coming out of the downswing
I listen to classical music when grindingMy stats when listening to gangster rap: 60/55/12/24%3-bet
Me too! About the classical music thing. I d/l'd "the 50 most essential pieces of classical music" off itunes, it was like 6 hours of music for $10 or something.I put it on when I study as well... supposed to help your brain function like whoa.

Gotta get the good stuff...These are the next 10 songs on my ipod...Children of Bodom - Trashed, Lost and StrungoutLamb of God - My redemption, Your DemiseSystem of Down - B.Y.O.B.In Flames - The Chosen PessimistDef Leppard - RocketTwisted Sister - Under the BladeSlayer - Piece by PieceCharlie Parker - Cosmic RaysJacky Terrasson - Time after TimeDiana Krall - Fly me to the moonIf you dont like the heavy stuff you cant go wrong with Charlie Parker, Miles davis, Etta James....If you do like the heavy, then Machine Head, Amon Armath, Hatebreen, 3 inches of blood are good stuff too.Kosin Trouble